Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I'll try to find a local fab shop that will modify my rear window so it can be lowered! LOL

*I know... Good luck with that!*
Hopefully we will already be able to lower the rear window and no fab will be needed. I really really really hope there is some kind of passthrough or at least the window can be lowered.
Sponsored

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
Hopefully we will already be able to lower the rear window and no fab will be needed. I really really really hope there is some kind of passthrough or at least the window can be lowered.
I'll bet* a share of $TSLA that the rear window will roll down.
Any takers?

*wager must be agreed to ahead of any CYBERTRUCK deliveries, or formal notification by Tesla about the functionality of the rear window.

OP
OP

Michael S

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sequoia, MB S500c
Occupation
Physician
Country flag
Our dog recently died at age 17 and I'm not sure any other dog can really replace him. But, I don't understand the question. Dog owners have been using pickups without pass-throughs for as long as I've been alive. Dogs and pick-ups go together like duck goes with a tangy sauce or gravy.

Is there a problem?
In Washington State, and other places, it's illegal to ride with one's dog in the bed of a pickup. Anyone who's owned an SUV doesn't favor losing the advantages of a space for the family dog withing the air conditioned cabin. If this is not in the debut design of the CB, it will be in future models.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
+1 to anyone that has previously noted that if I don’t like the dog, they can ride in the bed, but if I like the dog in the cab in a secure kennel, or in a dog seatbelt harness.

And it’s not just about if I like the dog. It’s about if I like the lives of the occupants in the vehicle in the event of a crash.

It kind of amazes me that people wear their seatbelts, but leave a 50 pound sack of meat projectile loose in the cab.
I agree with your words. But you think a lot about projectiles in your truck lol

Bluechip506

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Mazda CX9, Mazda Miata
Country flag
My dog likes to ride in the rear seats but with the Cybertruck I would fold up the seats. During the pandemic we did neighborhood birthday parades in the Miata. A few times I removed the passenger seat to make it more comfortable for him.
Tesla Cybertruck How will you take your dog? IMG_1025.JPG

Zabhawkin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1999 Nissan Frontier, 2015 F-150, 1984 Jeep CJ7
Country flag
New Mexico allows dogs to ride in the bed which we do regularly for short trips they even have different friends they will call out to as they approach their homes. On longer trips they tend to ride in the back seat with the seats folded up (F-150) and we put extra stuff in the bed in large plastic totes. The closing vault will make that easier and more secure.

When we have the dogs in the back we drive significantly safer.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I agree with your words. But you think a lot about projectiles in your truck lol
it’s a fair critique!

borne mostly of having a truck full of petite wife, a 5 year old, and 3 year old, and a 10 week old

young children properly fitted in a proper car seat do remarkably well in crashes - not un-often, they ‘walk away when parents perish

unless the car is full of hammers

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
In Washington State, and other places, it's illegal to ride with one's dog in the bed of a pickup. Anyone who's owned an SUV doesn't favor losing the advantages of a space for the family dog withing the air conditioned cabin. If this is not in the debut design of the CB, it will be in future models.
Two points:

1) I live in Washington State and it is not illegal to transport dogs in the bed of a pickup. But most people let them in the cab anyway.

2) When we bought our F-150, we made sure to get the SuperCab so our dog would have his own place in back for his muddy paws without getting the front seats dirty.

What does this have to do with Cybertruck vs. all other trucks?

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
What does this have to do with Cybertruck vs. all other trucks?
I'm guessing the OP was thinking about whether you'd close the tonneau and roll the rear window down to let your pup have free reign of the bed? or sit on the back seats.

DMC-81

First Name
Dana
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Transformers Camaro SS, 1985 Corvette Z51, Dodge Magnum R/T, 1981 DeLorean, CT reservation
Country flag

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
1) I live in Washington State and it is not illegal to transport dogs in the bed of a pickup. But most people let them in the cab anyway.
https://chewelahindependent.com/truck-beds-and-dogs-do-not-mix/

They need to be in a crate or clipped into a restraint system if not inside the cab.

As I said before, it's also bad (tho slightly less so) for them to not be belted in like anyone else in the cab. It's also a hazard for the driver for them to be loose.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
https://chewelahindependent.com/truck-beds-and-dogs-do-not-mix/

They need to be in a crate or clipped into a restraint system if not inside the cab.

As I said before, it's also bad (tho slightly less so) for them to not be belted in like anyone else in the cab. It's also a hazard for the driver for them to be loose.

-Crissa
Like I said, it's not illegal in Washington State to transport your dogs in the bed of a truck.

Don't take the text from a media story literally or rely on it to determine legality of something. Always go right to the codified laws, like I did. Journalists get it wrong too often to rely on them for what's legal and what's not.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Like I said, it's not illegal in Washington State to transport your dogs in the bed of a truck.

Don't take the text from a media story literally or rely on it to determine legality of something. Always go right to the codified laws, like I did. Journalists get it wrong too often to rely on them for what's legal and what's not.
https://www.king5.com/article/news/...-for-dogs-to-ride-in-truck-beds/281-455662368

I dunno, seems like I cannot find anyone to support your version. If they're in the back they need to be:

• Not at risk from current or expected weather conditions.
  • Not at risk from bouncing or jumping out.
Separate laws.

-Crissa
Sponsored