John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
He didn't get inside, right?

-Crissa
I would enjoy if when picking up the truck at the factory, they pull out what looks like a chrome bearing (soft rubber ball) and ask, are you ready to see the test?
Sponsored

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Personally, I think the cyberquad is more suited to hunting, bigfoot stalking, birdwatching and stargazing. Can go down narrower trails quietly. And under lower tree canopies.
We have one of the Polaris Ranger XPs that runs on lead acid batteries and you can, indeed, roll up on wildlife pretty easily in an EV.

nomadmusk

First Name
Droxx
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Civic to Cybertruck
Occupation
2nd infantry of Tesla's Quality Division
Country flag
If wifi thermal/night vision cameras exist you should be good to camo wrap the CT and treat it like a luxurious mobile hunting blind. Elon already said you will be able to hookup your own wifi gear for trailers, which I took as a confirmation for underbody cameras. It's already possible to disable all Tesla running lights from the screen, plus there's the quiet Joe mode. I could see them adding a creep only mode for 5-10 mph hunting with the screen set to wake when tapped.

On a side note, Crissa if you guys ever have space for a new hunting buddy hmu. I'll make a detour your way during the hunting season. It'd be great to learn from a hunting wizard when I get into the hobby.

*Edit* I had no idea hunting from a vehicle was illegal. Anyone care to explain why? Clearly driving at speed and shooting, but even when parked? Is it just a carry over from the general being in a vehicle with a loaded gun? That'd be a shame even if you're completely isolated on hunting grounds.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If wifi thermal/night vision cameras exist you should be good to camo wrap the CT and treat it like a luxurious mobile hunting blind. Elon already said you will be able to hookup your own wifi gear for trailers, which I took as a confirmation for underbody cameras, and it's already possible to disable all Tesla running lights from the screen, plus there's the quiet Joe mode. I could see them adding a creep only mode for 5-10 mph hunting with the screen set to wake when tapped.

On a side note, Crissa if you guys ever have space for a new hunting buddy hmu. I'll make a detour your way during the hunting season. It'd be great to learn from a hunting wizard when I get into the hobby.

*Edit* I had no idea hunting from a vehicle was illegal. Anyone care to explain why? Clearly driving at speed and shooting, but even when parked? Is it just a carry over from the general being in a vehicle with a loaded gun?
It may be illegal to hunt with a gun from the vehicle. But I'm pretty sure you could use your described setup as a blind for wildlife photography. And instead of freezing your butt off in winter getting pictures of wildlife, you could stay warm in the vehicle. Plus, if you sleep in the bed with the pass-through open you wouldn't even need to get out of the vehicle at night.

One possible issue though will be bathroom/shower situations. Everything else though you could do completely hidden from the wildlife.

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Have you seen the new Polaris Ranger Kinetic? They teamed up with Zero for some of their tech. I'm pretty stoked about this UTV tech.
I've heard/read about it, but haven't seen it in person. I will say this: lead acid batteries are definitely cheaper than the Li-Ions ;). The high end sticker on one of the Kinetics is around $27k, I've bought (a few) cars cheaper than that!

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Lead-acid are cheap, but they don't match power density of lithium. When you're toting around batteries as your energy source, that weight starts to matter. Alot.

-Crissa

OP
OP

m_jorge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pre-ordered Cybertruck 3-motor
Occupation
Research
Country flag
I hunt in Ohio, Virginia and West Virginia. It is true cell signal is like zero there…so it would be an issue….my Garmin uses GPS and GLONASS (Russian) satellites to navigate, which is standard for Garmin and works really well, but that would require more hardware so I get your point.
I'm not sure connectivity will be an issue soon, once Starlink is fully operational, it should connect all Teslas to the Interwebs.

But I fully agree that a "Come to Me" mode that could function on unimproved roads & trails would be wonderful. Possibly even be a lifesaver.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm not sure connectivity will be an issue soon, once Starlink is fully operational, it should connect all Teslas to the Interwebs.

But I fully agree that a "Come to Me" mode that could function on unimproved roads & trails would be wonderful. Possibly even be a lifesaver.
Even if the truck has Starlink, your cell phone will not.

Going to be quite A few years before Starlink is small enough for that.

OP
OP

m_jorge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Research
Country flag
Even if the truck has Starlink, your cell phone will not.

Going to be quite A few years before Starlink is small enough for that.
Will have to wait & see how well the Tesla Pi-phone sells. Satellite connectivity and integration with your Tesla car? I can see a lot of Tesla owners switching phones it the technology works out.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Will have to wait & see how well the Tesla Pi-phone sells. Satellite connectivity and integration with your Tesla car? I can see a lot of Tesla owners switching phones it the technology works out.
Um... Other than the total fantasy fever dream that is Pi-phone, when do you see it as actually being available in the market?" When do you think I could buy one?

swengl

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model Y
Country flag
Lead-acid are cheap, but they don't match power density of lithium. When you're toting around batteries as your energy source, that weight starts to matter. Alot.

-Crissa
I agree. We only plan to use the EV around our property and, as a result, the shorter range is not a problem. We are off the grid, so we've put in a 400W panel array with a 300 Ah battery storage solution to recharge the batteries daily. So far, so good!

OP
OP

m_jorge

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Research
Country flag
Um... Other than the total fantasy fever dream that is Pi-phone, when do you see it as actually being available in the market?" When do you think I could buy one?
The article I read said as early as’22, but since I probably won’t see my truck until ‘26, I’m pretty sure they’ll be on version three of the phone by then.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Need to talk to the @Administrator about adding a smoking the bong pipe emoji... it is a Tesla forum right?

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Need to talk to the @Administrator about adding a smoking the bong pipe emoji... it is a Tesla forum right?
From emojipedia:

? Four Twenty / 420
List of Four Twenty / 420-related emojis.

Emojis commonly used to represent marijuana or cannabis include ? Herb, ? Broccoli and ? Deciduous Tree.

As there is no single emoji to represent cannabis, often emoji bigrams (two emojis in sequence) are used to represent cannabis culture or the consumption of cannabis on days such as 420.

Emojis listed here are only understood to represent cannabis when used in that specific context.

Marijuana / Weed / Cannabis
A number of emojis are used in various contexts to describe cannabis. Usually involving the color green, including leaves, or both.

Cannabis-related paraphernalia
Some emojis used as an approximation of cannabis paraphernalia include:

• ?⚗Bong
  • ??Joint
Intoxication
Emoji bigrams used in combination to describe the consumption and effects of cannabis:

• ??High
  • ??Stoned
  • ??Cooked
  • ??Blazed
New in 2021
Two emojis available on phones in 2021 which are sometimes used to describe marijuana use and/or smoking in general:

Sponsored