bdesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSCT Ordered
Country flag
But this five day wait from getting the appointment to delivery is nearly as bad as the previous 1,600 days combined.

48 hours to go

GAH

Tesla Cybertruck Delivered but wrist cut injury during delivery + ER visit IMG_0030

UPDATE

Picked it up today!
Woo Hoo!

sloppy, sloppy condition at delivery.
ugh

Windshield (inside) is disastrously dirty.
There’s a smeary film over most of it.
when the sun hits it directly, I cannot see ANYTHING - super dangerous.

Body panels have some sort of splattery overspray on them that doesn’t wipe off - it just smears around.

Hood is covered in the rail dust rust spots.

I’ll BKF the entire truck, so whatever.

A rubber seal along tonneau is flipping loose (service dept closed, so couldn’t fix on the spot).
Tesla Cybertruck Delivered but wrist cut injury during delivery + ER visit IMG_0058

Wife heard a loud noise while driving a main road (60 mph), so we pulled over to check.
The large upper panel on the driver’s side in the bed flew off and, thankfully, remained in the bed.

Otherwise, it’s great.
Heck, it’s great even with these issues.

The tires and wheels look GREAT in person.

Now… for the ugly.

Two of the Delivery/Advisor employees were with my wife and me as we walked around the truck inspecting it.

I noticed a little pit/divet or something on the tailgate.

Tesla Cybertruck Delivered but wrist cut injury during delivery + ER visit IMG_0068

I licked my left thumb, and tried to rub the spot to see if it was actually a divet or just some stray adhesive or something…

OUCH! Crap

I jerked my arm back and the employees chuckled jokingly saying this thing can be dangerous.

I, too, thought it was a little slice like a paper cut…

Until the blood started pouring.

A lot of blood…
HOT MESS

WARNING GRAPHIC IMAGE IN SPOILER BUTTON:
IMG_0071.jpeg

The two employees scrambled and took off to find something to help stop the bleeding.

The puddle of blood was more than twice that size by the time I was able to get it bandaged.

After wrapping it up tightly, wiping off, and washing up, I was able to complete delivery.

A few hours passed without bleeding through the bandage, so I figured the gash closed up and it would be fine.

I unwrapped my wrist and BOOM - spurts of blood all over the kitchen island…

which leaves me here, at the ER.

Tesla Cybertruck Delivered but wrist cut injury during delivery + ER visit IMG_0064

yay for me
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP

bdesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSCT Ordered
Country flag
Called the SC yesterday evening to make sure everything was completed for the alleged delivery tomorrow.

The Service Advisor told me they were all set that “…we’ve delivered 17 Cybertrucks in the last three days alone, so we have it down pat.”

gaswalla

First Name
Gas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S-P100D, X-P100D, 3, CT
Country flag
so sorry to hear.. just to clarify, you rubbed the edge back and forth and cut your wrist?

OP
OP

bdesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSCT Ordered
Country flag
so sorry to hear.. just to clarify, you rubbed the edge back and forth and cut your wrist?
not at all

I rubbed the flat face of the tailgate (where the smudges are in that photo) with my thumb and my wrist inadvertently grazed the vertical edge of the rear quarter panel.

chaosmarine92

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck
Country flag
Now… for the ugly.

Two of the Delivery/Advisor employees were with my wife and me as we walked around the truck inspecting it.

I noticed a little pit/divet or something on the tailgate.

IMG_0068.png

I licked my left thumb, and tried to rub the spot to see if it was actually a divet or just some stray adhesive or something…

OUCH! Crap

I jerked my arm back and the employees chuckled jokingly saying this thing can be dangerous.

I, too, thought it was a little slice like a paper cut…

Until the blood started pouring.

A lot of blood…
HOT MESS

The two employees scrambled and took off to find something to help stop the bleeding.

The puddle of blood was more than twice that size by the time I was able to get it bandaged.

After wrapping it up tightly, wiping off, and washing up, I was able to complete delivery.

A few hours passed without bleeding through the bandage, so I figured the gash closed up and it would be fine.

I unwrapped my wrist and BOOM - spurts of blood all over the kitchen island…

which leaves me here, at the ER.

IMG_0064.jpeg

yay for me
Sir, you appear to be leaking coolant. You should get that fixed ASAP. Hopefully you are still under warranty or the repair could be pricey. Luckily they shouldn't need to keep your arm in the shop for more than an hour or so. It would really suck if you had to leave it there for a couple days.

OP
OP

bdesign

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FSCT Ordered
Country flag
Sir, you appear to be leaking coolant. You should get that fixed ASAP. Hopefully you are still under warranty or the repair could be pricey. Luckily they shouldn't need to keep your arm in the shop for more than an hour or so. It would really suck if you had to leave it there for a couple days.
my warranty expired long ago