I am concerned the Single Motor CT will never happen.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Yeah, we'll probaably end up with Tesla insurance.

They'll probably take away our Cybertrucks if we misuse them ^-^

-Crissa
Tesla will probably send you a text, or email telling you what incidents they have of your reckless driving and what your new higher premium is. At some point it could influence people into selling that damn truck, it's to tempting to play with. I actually sold my 2stroke Yamaha because I couldn't ride it without wanting to do wheelies. Damn 2 strokes want to be in the high RPM's. Riding them at low RPM's is a joke. You've got to release the beast every once in a while!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Youaregoldone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 Cybertruck
Country flag
Maintenance is another cost. You add one more motor and more batteries. Plus I would imagine the tri might have more add-ons. The single will be very simple, compared to the tri. motor. I honestly think insurance could be a real kick in the balls, because you'll be driving a large, $70,000, almost armored vehicle, with 800hp and the capability to go 0-60 in under 2.9 seconds. That combination has never been seen before. The insurance companies are going to want a large premium to take on that kind of risk.
That is why Elon is reinventing car insurance for the Tesla's owners.

ajdelange

First Name
A. J.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla X LR+, Lexus SUV, Toyota SR5, Toyota Landcruiser
Occupation
EE (Retired)
Country flag
Of course they are doing it to make money even though it might never be a profit center. Similar to the SuperCharger network which sells cars by removing the major fear of would be drivers that they won't be able to charge the insurance program removes the fear that they won't be able to find affordable insurance.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Of course they are doing it to make money even though it might never be a profit center. Similar to the SuperCharger network which sells cars by removing the major fear of would be drivers that they won't be able to charge the insurance program removes the fear that they won't be able to find affordable insurance.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
What blows me away is that Tesla was spending capital on charging infrastructure when the Model S was introduced in 2012. They needed every penny back then but decided to roll the dice. They now have around 17,000 Superchargers at almost 2,000 stations worldwide.