I dont think the CT will kick ass in baja (with a yoke)?

craz

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dual Motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
The yolk is a bad idea in my opinion. The few remaining traditional “truck guys” that weren’t already turned off by this truck probably will be by the lack of steering wheel. And of course the few who have a yolk’d Model S are going to love it, they are early adopters/hardcore Tesla fans. Elon could smear elephant dung in their backseat and they’d write blogs praising the “earthy aroma.” My main gripe is that it removes the spots my hands spend 90% of the time at and forces me to keep them at 9-3
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The yolk is a bad idea in my opinion. The few remaining traditional “truck guys” that weren’t already turned off by this truck probably will be by the lack of steering wheel. And of course the few who have a yolk’d Model S are going to love it, they are early adopters/hardcore Tesla fans. Elon could smear elephant dung in their backseat and they’d write blogs praising the “earthy aroma.” My main gripe is that it removes the spots my hands spend 90% of the time at and forces me to keep them at 9-3
There are somewhere between 750,000 and 3 million Cybertruck preorders. Tesla has 3-5+ years worth of production pre-booked. If the yoke (yolk is the good part of an egg), is a bad enough deal breaker, Tesla will replace it.

The only elephant dung here is this idea that Tesla fans don't complain about problems with the cars.

tmeyer3

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Wrangler, Tractors
Occupation
Computer Scientist
Country flag
Elon could smear elephant dung in their backseat and they’d write blogs praising the “earthy aroma.”
Tesla Cybertruck I dont think the CT will kick ass in baja (with a yoke)? zgdoa64c1d761

Tesla Cybertruck I dont think the CT will kick ass in baja (with a yoke)? u6wuh59i1ev21

Tesla Cybertruck I dont think the CT will kick ass in baja (with a yoke)? 308

Tesla Cybertruck I dont think the CT will kick ass in baja (with a yoke)? 745

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The yolk is a bad idea in my opinion.
?

My main gripe is that it removes the spots my hands spend 90% of the time at and forces me to keep them at 9-3
Your main gripe is that it encourages a safer hand position?

-Crissa

OP
OP

jonny

First Name
jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
car
Country flag
There is a learning curve for any new technology.
I was dragged kicking and screaming into the computer age while I was in the military. Remember the huge floppy discs you stored data on or downloaded from? Remember computers before Windows? I do and each leap forward required adjustment.
Yes, You are so right about this. For me, I think with new tech, it should add to our lives with the least amount of relearning. Remember when the joke was if windows was a car? We would have to learn how to start it with each new update. It doesn't seem like a big deal. Just move your hands. But stopping smoking doesn't seem like a big deal either. Even with the patch, just don't hold a cigarette in your hand while you're on the phone, or drinking a cup of coffee. Easy right. But humans have habits.

I think Musk is so focused on FSD and that autos are just about getting from place to place, he might forget cars have a lot of meaning to different people. When your young, it's about freedom from the family. If you're an older guy it might be about road trips and the journey is more important than the destination. Some people just like to drive. Up till now tesla have had a little something for everyone. It was a sedan, that was as fast as a super car, but it had seating for 7 as well it was low maintenance and cheap to drive. Just wish Musk was a little more flexible.