I see Cramer is at it again….he’s clearly NOT a truck person.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Agreed. look at the Model Y. Hasn't it basically gone up almost $10k since it was released less than 2 years ago. I feel like I am going to need to jump on the CT asap to avoid cost increases once released.
The reason it went up is because the market would bear it.

-Crissa
Sponsored

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Agreed. look at the Model Y. Hasn't it basically gone up almost $10k since it was released less than 2 years ago. I feel like I am going to need to jump on the CT asap to avoid cost increases once released.
I wish I could jump on it. I will have to slowly crawl to it so may be in 2024-2025 I make contact. At that point, and at this rate, chances are the 6000 Ib beast with a new price tag will be jumping on me.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Once they did hit 120K reservations, they decided to spend $850 million to double their production. The numbers I posted is AFTER the bump up. The sad thing is even with these numbers, if they succeed, I would get a lightening 2-3 years before getting a CT and I may barely make the $7,500 cut. All being optimistic. In that case I may pull the trigger on a base Pro (~$32,500) and see how things look in two years for my CT. If Ford keeps dragging too, I won't bother with lightening.
With the numbers you posted earlier, Ford will have produced less than 150K E-trucks by 1-1-25. By that date, I would think the demand for E-Trucks would be 1 million a year. Then Ford says in 2025 they're going to produce 80K. Those numbers sound like they're coming from a company that doesn't think they can produce an E-truck for a profit. If those numbers are accurate Tesla is going to be Huge. They already know how to produce EV's at good profit margins, and will just keep building factories to keep up with demand, and make more mullah!
BTW if you get a F150 lightning before the CT, you probably won't lose a dime on it when you trade it in for the CT. Because Ford will have so many loyal customers still wanting Fords. Unfortunately, I don't think buying vehicles from a manufacturer who thinks they are going to lose money on it, is a good idea. Think they may cut some corners and not build that great of a product?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I just read that article. Clearly Cramer is not as much of a numbers guy as he claims to be. The CT has 1.2M preorders and likely more by now. The Ford Lighting has 120,000 preorders and maybe slightly more by now. By this time after release the CT was probably over 500,000 preorders. So if we just let the numbers speak for themselves we clearly do not have a flop or a failure. I foresee the CT spanking the Lighting in sales just like the Mach E has struggled to keep up. The Mach E is limping along with around 15,000 sold this year . The Model 3 is around 60,000 and the Model Y is around 80,000. When Tesla first started selling electric cars the naysayers said it would fail. Well, keep talking numbers guy. When the dust settles we will see which truck America wants.
Cramer is and always has been a loud mouth. That is his thing. He is looking to make a splash. Fine. I don't have to buy into it.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Cramer doesn't have the bandwidth to follow things closely enough. He has a lot of heuristics in his head for valuing companies but not one that covers an opportunity like Tesla IMO. Eventually he caught up when his wife and daughter were both telling him to buy one and so he became a fan.

He is likely unaware of CTs reservation lead (x10 can't be ignored) and the gap in performance, capabilities etc.

When his wife and daughter are telling him to buy a CT maybe he'll get it then as well.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
With the numbers you posted earlier, Ford will have produced less than 150K E-trucks by 1-1-25. By that date, I would think the demand for E-Trucks would be 1 million a year. Then Ford says in 2025 they're going to produce 80K. Those numbers sound like they're coming from a company that doesn't think they can produce an E-truck for a profit. If those numbers are accurate Tesla is going to be Huge. They already know how to produce EV's at good profit margins, and will just keep building factories to keep up with demand, and make more mullah!
BTW if you get a F150 lightning before the CT, you probably won't lose a dime on it when you trade it in for the CT. Because Ford will have so many loyal customers still wanting Fords. Unfortunately, I don't think buying vehicles from a manufacturer who thinks they are going to lose money on it, is a good idea. Think they may cut some corners and not build that great of a product?
Or they may dump the idea and leave a bunch of Ford loyalists abandoned. But I do not think that will happen. I think that Ford will eventually solve all their problems and that the eF150 will do fine. I wasn't 'super' surprised to hear that their notion of ADAS is the same old cruise control all cars now have. I assumed that they wouldn't market something so lame. Did you see how BlueCruise couldn't even go around a curve on a highway? My god, now lame. Anyway, they will get their act together and sell a bunch. One can't blame them for being cautious when every car manufacturer except Tesla has failed to sell real numbers of vehicles.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
.... If those numbers are accurate Tesla is going to be Huge. .....

Tesla will be huge regardless (unless there is some major miscalculations with supply or design).

Thanks for trying to put my mind at ease. F150s have been bullet proof for resale in the past and especially in recent years but Lightening may be an exceptions. I think of EVs mostly at IT/ Tech devices rather than a traditional car. My 18 year old ICE truck does pretty much what a new ICE truck does. But an excellent 80 mile EV range couple of years ago sounds ridiculous now. The tech is moving so fast I expect today's hot EVs to sound unacceptable in a few years too. Tesla may be a bit of exception because it has achieved a starbucks status due to thinking ahead but others not so much. Lightening is an entirely Frankensteined truck so Ford could say we put something out there ahead of others. They know it and they are trying to fake it until they make it (2026). Once they make a real EV truck, I am not sure how many people will want Frankenstein (I may have to call mine Frank). If my CT number comes up in 24 and ford does not have too many teasers for their new Lightening then, I may be OK. That is why if I get a lightening, it will be the Pro (base model) to minimize the damage but a little loss is OK if I get to drive an EV truck for two years. Frankly (no pun intended) the only vehicles I find a bit exciting are CT and R1S the rest are compromise for me.

android04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Tesla Model 3 LR RWD, Tesla Cybertruck Tri-motor (reserved)
Country flag
To be exact, the first Model Ys were delivered in March 2020, so it's been about 1.5 years. Also, the price has gone up and down a little since then, but is only $1000 more right now for an LR and the exact same price for a Performance.

March 2020 (https://www.theverge.com/2020/3/16/21182033/tesla-model-y-suv-us-deliveries-begin-price-range)
Model Y LR $52,990
Model Y Performance $60,990

August 2021 (https://www.tesla.com/modely/design#overview)
Model Y LR $53,990
Model Y Performance $60,990

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The Mach E is limping along with around 15,000 sold this year
This is mostly due to production capacity. If they could actually build them it could be a lots better.

Of course if they have similar production issues with the F150 they are kind of screwed too

Cybertruckee

Banned
Banned
First Name
Yosemite Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Rider
Occupation
Finance Manager
Country flag
Cramer is and always has been a loud mouth. That is his thing. He is looking to make a splash. Fine. I don't have to buy into it.
I was joking earlier. Cramer is actually knowledgeable. But I don't follow anyone's buy recommendation. If I am I'll be a Reddit meme investor.

It's Santelli I can't stand and wrote CNBC to advise him to cut into his red-face-veins-popping rants and dramatics. It seems it worked.:rolleyes:

SwampNut

First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3LR, Gladiator Rubicon
Occupation
Geek
Country flag
No idea who this Cramer dude is, but skimming the article what I heard was:

"My fragile little ego can't handle driving a truck based on its merits if it looks weird."

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
People need to realize that Cramer is entertainment, not an analyst. In fact I'd put any television investment analyst in that category. They get paid to attract viewers who in turn attract advertisers. Any profits an investor makes taking his "Advice" is coincidental.