Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
You are being a good uncle. But that's not what he said.

He generalized CNBC, MSNBC, other news sources and even Bloomberg that do straight business and economic news.

So no thank you and be careful next time when he come running and crying uncle, lol.
Probably more like good grandpa, not uncle.

I'm one of the old men here.
Sponsored

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
My take away is he does not want to lean on resources that can be full of inaccuracy's and misleading agenda's and use resources he trusts which does not have to include programs like Mad Money.
Exactly, the mainstream media is too often sensationalized, and, in any case, it's reported on by people who often have a worse grasp of the subject than someone who is semi-informed.

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
Exactly, the mainstream media is too often sensationalized, and, in any case, it's reported on by people who often have a worse grasp of the subject than someone who is semi-informed.
When I research a car or cars I dig in and deep dive everything I can. When I finally walk on to the lot I usually have much deeper understanding of the car then the sales person.

Much different with stocks and investments but to your point. My investments, right or wrong, are not diversified. I started in real-estate. A commercial building and my home. I decided years ago to invest in disruptive technology's. It led me to Tesla and other 3 other pure EV plays. Also a good chunk of ARK.

I have not used any traditional media outlets when navigating these investments. I just follow their quarterly performance and forward looking statements to make sure I am still confident in these investments. Also some trusted YT channels to verify to keep me informed.

In general this could turn out to be a mess but my commonsense is pretty good at forward thinking and I have felt for sometime that ICE was dead and there were going to be disruption in the auto industry. I narrowed my investments to what I felt I knew and had high confidence in.

Only time will tell but I believe it will work out. I say all this to back HA's premise that you do not always have to use traditional resources to make an investment thesis. I use a limited and narrow base of information to guide me. If Tesla auto/battery storage/FSD/and Optimus do not play out as we hope and the EV transition fails then my portfolio that is not diversified will bite me, but I feel by 2030 I will be in good shape, if not before then.

Edit: To add though I understand your point @BeastSlayer and agree for most people in most situations it would be difficult to not use trusted resources to build a diverse understanding of the market and any investment.

Last edited:

Gilbertus

First Name
Gilles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
TY, Ford Expedition, SLS Amg, CT order 12.19
Occupation
Independent
Country flag
Who is that guy. Does he only listen and read his news ?

1.200.000 preorders and not selling 50.000 ?

I'm sure he has a lot of ennemies with Tesla stock. And he really thinks the market would listen to his predictions. 😂😂

BeastSlayer

Banned
Banned
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Red Ryder
Occupation
Chief Investment Officer of MyLooseChange
Country flag
Edit: To add though I understand your point @BeastSlayer and agree for most people in most situations it would be difficult to not use trusted resources to build a diverse understanding of the market and any investment.
Well said, 30 years of global and multinational experience here in economics, finance and investments.

I don't think I would have gone this far had I been dismissive of all the news, presentations and economic briefings that come my way through whatever medium (msm included) and from those so-called experts in multilateral finance and investment organizations. Enough to understand what Powell, Yellen and Christine Legarde are saying.

But very true as you succinctly concluded, in the end, filtering becomes second nature and would just come down to the 'ol fashioned common sense when it comes to our own holdings -- different and insufficient in the decision-making for corporate and employee retirement fund.

Out there it is better to be like a sponge than adopt a stance of lazy generalization. You'll be amazed as to the brains capability to later on retrieve what you thought as useless and trivial initially to connect the dots eventually.

Last edited:

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
Either way, I would want a refund of my time and money! He's about as entertaining as a dandilion.
People are worried about sunlight reflecting off of the CT... What about the danger of sunlight refuting off of Cramer's apparently empty dome???

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Stop burying yourself in bigger and bigger hole!

Do you have a study to back this up?

And do you realize how the stock marker would have been dead a long time ago with bankruptcies if this is even half true?
Investors going broke or losing money doesn't cause bankruptcies.

But yes, the market is filled with bankruptcies. By design. It allows them to shed their losses while running away with their proceeds in leveraged buyouts.

-Crissa

Macgyverfever

First Name
Regular Don-Won
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP BLUE/WHITE, M3RWD GRAY/BLACK
Occupation
Multifaceted IT Professional
Country flag
Jim has been saying this for years blaa blaaa blaaaa; can't wait to find out the 500 mile range CT price though - seriously feeling a 600 mile variant as an option to curb against competition and build up brand loyalty tbh

Marcia Litsinger

First Name
Marcia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Kia Nero hybrid, Cadillac Escalade.
Occupation
farmer
Country flag
I hear too much of this negativity about the cybertruck. I am so looking forward to my truck. If you want to bitch and holler think about getting your $100.00 back and go get something else. Although I am not one to say you are wrong, just ignorant.

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
I think when prices are revealed, there will be a good amount of refund requests.
Sponsored