shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
I signed up and put up my $100 on Day 2, so I guess I'll get my CT in late summer or fall of 2021. I own a Model 3, and have driven pickups all my life and really wanted the CT. However, my wife is concerned about the size of the CT and would rather I not get it. Cool, I've got my eye on a replica '34 Ford, 3-window, chopped top coupe with a big V8. My wife says okay to the '34. I live in Maryland. Would anyone in the MId-Atlantic States want to pay a small premium if I bought the thing and re-sold it here in Maryland? I signed up for the dual-motor without the FSD. I can't afford two toys. sigh...(But how cool would it be to tow the '34 around with the CYBRTRK? )
I would recommend that you educate your wife on the fact that the CT is the SAME size as the other big 3 "normal" sized trucks in the US. It isn't huge - just normal sized. The CT dimensions are pretty much the averages of the length/width/height of the F150 and 1500 GM/Dodge trucks!

I don't understand why people keep saying the CT is "huge" unless they are from Europe or Asia.
Sponsored

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
I don't understand why people keep saying the CT is "huge" unless they are from Europe or Asia.
Nothing personal shaneaus? :

Sorry but I get a bit fed up with "it is too big / huge for Europe" comments.

Especially since a lot of people blowing into that horn have never driven in Europe..........or out side of their country. (still nothing personal shaneaus, ???)

Just let us decide what will work in our back yard ?

This should also applie to "executive decissions" (#@elon) if this product should be exported or not.
Treet you customers equally and leave the decission to them ?.

Just take a look at a Mercedes Sprinter (Frightliner Van years ago). ?
Those are driving around Europe in the millions.... even in the LWB HighCube versions.?
They where designed and refined here, long before entering the US Market.
Your Vans still had a ladder frame....

Now it is our turn to get the state of the art Pickup, with out the decade long waiting.

Most reservation holders in Europe have a good reason why the ordered.
They know where they will take the CT.
And it will be not the city centers of Berlin, Paris, London or the old part of Barcelona.

Europe is as divers as the US of A, heck even more if you count different languages.?

Boy that felt good to let off some steam, thank you for reading to the end.?

TheLastStarfighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Challenger, Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Industrial Engineer
Country flag
My understanding from Tesla in 2018 was that since I owned a Model S I could get priority delivered over a new Tesla buyer allowing FAMILY ONLY to order a Model 3 through me! Not sure how all that shakes out if a married daughter doesn’t share my name!?
I'm sure it's not too strict... Daddy?!?

OP
OP
Sputter

Sputter

First Name
Herbert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Model 3
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

Especially since a lot of people blowing into that horn have never driven in Europe..........or out side of their country. (still nothing personal shaneaus, ???)

This should also applie to "executive decissions" (#@elon) if this product should be exported or not.

Those are driving around Europe in the millions.... even in the LWB HighCube versions.?

Now it is our turn to get the state of the art Pickup, with out the decade long waiting.

And it will be not the city centers of Berlin, Paris, London or the old part of Barcelona.

Europe is as divers as the US of A, heck even more if you count different languages.?

to Cybercarlson in your reply to shaneaus: Thank you. Well said. To shaneaus: I didn't say it was "huge." I said my wife was concerned about the size. She is of small stature and the driving of the CT would be would not be worth the cool factor. I have owned serval large pickups. I am aware of the size compared to the F-150.

Martin Harford

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1993 Dodge Ram 150
Occupation
Retired physician
Country flag
5. Buy the CT and the '34 then give the wife a choice as to which one she wants for herself.

For a second there I thought you were asking to buy his wife.
Depends. Highly doubtful in this case.

C T Rick

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Dodge Sprinter 3500, 2015 Nissan NV 3500, 2013 Chevy Traverse
Occupation
Plumbing Contractor
Country flag
I signed up and put up my $100 on Day 2, so I guess I'll get my CT in late summer or fall of 2021. I own a Model 3, and have driven pickups all my life and really wanted the CT. However, my wife is concerned about the size of the CT and would rather I not get it. Cool, I've got my eye on a replica '34 Ford, 3-window, chopped top coupe with a big V8. My wife says okay to the '34. I live in Maryland. Would anyone in the MId-Atlantic States want to pay a small premium if I bought the thing and re-sold it here in Maryland? I signed up for the dual-motor without the FSD. I can't afford two toys. sigh...(But how cool would it be to tow the '34 around with the CYBRTRK? )

Problem at least here in California, unless you’re a registered car dealer, you’re paying sales tax and the next buyer is paying sales tax. Government would love the double sales tax on 50k.

Hold onto your reservation until do or die crunch time. Then see if there’s a market for the extra tax fees.

cybertruck808

First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep Renegade
Occupation
Military
Country flag
I suspect that there will be people willing to pay a small premium (especially if you have FSD at the lower price point) in a situation like this, but I wouldn't make such expensive plans based on such a large uncertainty.

Quicksilver

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nissan van
Occupation
Retired military
Country flag
At one time I was buying a LOT of surplus military vehicles.......I had more Deuce and a halfs than some of the military units I served in. My wife said "if you buy one more military vehicle I'm outta here".
I sure miss her biscuits.

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag

I think you missed the part in my comment that stated "UNLESS" My comment was directed at US consumers - NOT, European consumers!

Glad you were able to get the rant out. I just think it wasn't correctly applied at me. :)

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
Um. I guess? I've lived in the southern US most of my adult life (FL to Texas). Pick up trucks just feel normal to me - as a driver or as an occupant of another/smaller car. But, I've never lived in an Uber city area where they weren't common. So, anecdotal for each person, I guess. I'm just surprised that I'm the US the full size pick up is the highest volume sold vehicle - and, yet, so many people think it is huge. In the US the regular sized pickups (F-150/1500's) are just that - the regular size. Nothing "hugec about them. Now, dually's, 1 tons, and such I would understand.

To me, complaining that a full size/regular pick up is like complaining that a Fed Ex, UPS, or semi is huge. Um, they are just" normal" for their function.

shaneaus

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy 1500 Z71
Country flag
to Cybercarlson in your reply to shaneaus: Thank you. Well said. To shaneaus: I didn't say it was "huge." I said my wife was concerned about the size. She is of small stature and the driving of the CT would be would not be worth the cool factor. I have owned serval large pickups. I am aware of the size compared to the F-150.

All good! My comment wasn't really directed at you, more just thinking "out loud." Just I've heard many, both here and other places online, make the statement that the CT is "huge" when, in fact, it is exactly the average size pick up truck here in the US.

So, my comment was for everyone - not, directed at you personally. But, this being your post I could certainly see why you would think it was!

Cybercarlson

First Name
T.C.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
chevy K1500 decades ago, M3, MY, New Beetle
Country flag
Glad you were able to get the rant out. I just think it wasn't correctly applied at me.
You are totally right. It feels good, in these times (we are locked down again), to let off some steam.

My rant was not intended to be applied to you.
I'm very sorry if it still felt like it.:cry:
I tried to make that clear with "nothing personal".

Your post was just the last drop that exploded my barrel ?
(fluid container... we are not allowed to carry a piece)..

MEDICALJMP

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Rav4, Tri-motor Cybertruck
Occupation
Nurse
Country flag
Um. I guess? I've lived in the southern US most of my adult life (FL to Texas). Pick up trucks just feel normal to me - as a driver or as an occupant of another/smaller car. But, I've never lived in an Uber city area where they weren't common. So, anecdotal for each person, I guess. I'm just surprised that I'm the US the full size pick up is the highest volume sold vehicle - and, yet, so many people think it is huge. In the US the regular sized pickups (F-150/1500's) are just that - the regular size. Nothing "hugec about them. Now, dually's, 1 tons, and such I would understand.

To me, complaining that a full size/regular pick up is like complaining that a Fed Ex, UPS, or semi is huge. Um, they are just" normal" for their function.
A fair number of people buying Cybertruck will be new truck owners. It is matter of experience. If they are going from a Yukon, Expedition you don’t hear them twittering on about giant size truck.