John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota FJ, GTS1000,FJR1300, Aprillia Scarabeo,
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
You might want to prepare yourself for the fact that the Cybertruck might not be the truck you want. There is a pretty big disconnect between what you think the Cybertruck ought to be and the goals of the people making it.
All I was talking about was the dash screen shape and positioning for ease of view. All the rest of this deep dark negative the CT will be a cheap piece of crxp came from you. Elon says we we won’t disappointed. It is only a $100 deposit….relax. ???
Sponsored

FullyGrounded

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
blah
Country flag
I think it should be wholly ergonomic - easy on your eyes to find, then return to the road (if driving), non-fatiguing for body or eyes, and most comfortable in all aspects to use. This should be the goal of any interior engineer. Comfort and ease to use the controls are very important. Emergency items should be at the easiest and most comfortable reach, and the other more benign functions shouldn't be much further. peace

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
All I was talking about was the dash screen shape and positioning for ease of view. All the rest of this deep dark negative the CT will be a cheap piece of crxp came from you. Elon says we we won’t disappointed. It is only a $100 deposit….relax. ???
I've always maintained that the CT will be well engineered.

Reading what people say instead of making assumptions would be helpful.

anionic1

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Estimator
Country flag
If the CT lacks a speedometer centered on the steering column, as God intended, I will likely install one of the aftermarket options.

I've only driven in a Tesla a few times (M3P) but the missing speedometer drove me nuts. After decades of driving, I'm programmed to scan the environment: left mirror, right mirror, rear mirror, gauges. Repeat. But every time I glanced down to check my speed, "what? damnit!"

I know, I know, "you'll get used to it!" But first of all, why should I need to? And second of all, I will still drive ICE cars regularly, and if I'm re-trained to check the center console, I'll get confused. "Why am I going 101.1 MPH?? Oh wait, that's the radio"
I agree. It’s the typical tech statement of, “it’s just so intuitive”. Ummm, no it’s not. A gauge sitting front and center is intuitive. Having to touch multiple buttons on a touch screen off the the side is not intuitive. It’s a step backwards even if it does look cooler.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
As long as I can connect a device, I will make my own HUD (by making, buy parts, plug and mount them) so I may stick with the minimalist design. I like the minimalist design, just want the marble pattern changed. I will be ecstatic.

Also, a/c vented seats and a pass through. I’m neutral on a spare tire.

Oh, start my CT’s production this year.

recipe for happiness

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
All this same logic, fears, and handwringing was brought up and hashed out when the M3 and MY were launched.

You can see how that ended up.

cyberpays

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Website
northviewhomeowner.wixsite.com
Vehicles
CT Duel 69 vette all original(for sale)2019 RAM PU
Occupation
Retire software/life safety sales
Country flag
Full screen yes as all the competition of EVs are going to....Tesla the only one I know that cuts back their cost by doing the one screen as the model 3s and Ys get more expensived to buy?
Lets think about it...that big ole CT with the big ole dash could really use a full screen layout...it would be as the boss man says your getting a better truck than the proto type!
Let get some votes started here for full screen...yeah!

GnarlyDudeLive

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F350 Dually (Tri-CT reservation)
Occupation
Database Administrator
Country flag
Full screen yes as all the competition of EVs are going to....Tesla the only one I know that cuts back their cost by doing the one screen as the model 3s and Ys get more expensived to buy?
Lets think about it...that big ole CT with the big ole dash could really use a full screen layout...it would be as the boss man says your getting a better truck than the proto type!
Let get some votes started here for full screen...yeah!
IDK, if the USB ports in a Tesla can drive a secondary screen why not simply let 3rd party folks have a shot at developing some pretty cool options for us? The CT dash being squared off in the proto design would appear to make mounting things fairly trivial for after market options. This is one of those features that many people like or dislike for varying reasons.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
IDK, if the USB ports in a Tesla can drive a secondary screen why not simply let 3rd party folks have a shot at developing some pretty cool options for us? The CT dash being squared off in the proto design would appear to make mounting things fairly trivial for after market options. This is one of those features that many people like or dislike for varying reasons.
They do. It's a pretty well documented API.

https://www.teslaapi.io

Those requests go through Tesla's servers. I would suggest you get speed from a GPS rather than fetching it from the car, it's faster feedback.

OP
OP
LDRHAWKE

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
For the same reason Van Aiken bumper guards, fender shirts, and continental spare tire kits never made it out of the 50’s. Primary responsibility for design and safety falls on the mfg. plus add on devices always look add on. I think I own 6 different iPhone mounts for my car….?

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
For the same reason Van Aiken bumper guards, fender shirts, and continental spare tire kits never made it out of the 50’s. Primary responsibility for design and safety falls on the mfg. plus add on devices always look add on. I think I own 6 different iPhone mounts for my car….?
on the kitchen counter dashboard, nothing will look out of place next to the can opener, chopping block and toaster over.

OP
OP
LDRHAWKE

LDRHAWKE

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Engineer
Country flag
on the kitchen counter dashboard, nothing will look out of place next to the can opener, chopping block and toaster over.
i resemble that remark…?

Tesla Cybertruck I wish Musk would consider this concept 3AF0A097-022F-41BE-858B-91F14F524E08

Last edited:

Daweism

First Name
Dawei
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Ford Raptor (Supercab)
Occupation
Tech
Country flag
Center screen is a non issue when you get use to it.

I think the yoke wheel will take longer to get use too!!!!
I definitely am gonna buy an extension to give me a top of the steering wheel as I idle my left hand at the 12 oclock when driving.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I'm reserving judgment on the yoke until I've used it myself. I am a bit skeptical, but there don't seem to be huge numbers of complaints about the new Model S yet so maybe it's a non-issue.
Sponsored