Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Weirdly enough, I think Tesla doesnt have to keep all of their Gigapress deliveries in one place.
I could have sworn that your claim was that "they snuck 2 of these in" was what you really meant, and not that there may be a bunch of IDRA components in a warehouse down by the Port of Houston. Anyway, I tire of reminding you of the obvious. IDRA has stated very clearly that the 2nd (of all) 9K ton gigapresses went to Asia. When another comes to GigaAustin it will be #3 or beyond.
Sponsored

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I could have sworn that your claim was that "they snuck 2 of these in" was what you really meant, and not that there may be a bunch of IDRA components in a warehouse down by the Port of Houston. Anyway, I tire of reminding you of the obvious. IDRA has stated very clearly that the 2nd (of all) 9K ton gigapresses went to Asia. When another comes to GigaAustin it will be #3 or beyond.
I did say they snuck 2 in. As in they snuck them onto the premises… not into one area which could be conveniently photographed from a window.

I’m speculating, I made it pretty clear what the basis for my speculation is.

Optimist : The glass is half full
Pessimist : The glass is half empty
@Jhodgesatmb : I knocked the glass off the table… now it’s a bunch of shards and water.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I very much think there IS a holding yard in Houston, and that's not Teslas yard. It's pretty normal. Is there a second press in Texas right now?

no.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Hey now… you are harshing my buzz here.

Tesla is clearly prepping for a second GP. It’s either mixed in with the other deliveries or will delivered as they are wrapping this one up. They don’t pour foundations for these “just in case”.

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag
Hey now… you are harshing my buzz here.

Tesla is clearly prepping for a second GP. It’s either mixed in with the other deliveries or will delivered as they are wrapping this one up. They don’t pour foundations for these “just in case”.
I agree dude, totally agree. There is another COMING. I'd bet it lands before summer even.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
They might and that wasn't my point. If they intended to lower their prices they certainly timed it well to go along with the government labeling the MY as a non SUV. That they lowered prices worldwide, to me, is just an elaborate cover for single-fingered salute to the U.S. Government, and certainly in tune with how Elon does things. I was watching today's Electrified a while ago and Dillon presented a laundry list of rationale of how lowering prices might not adversely impact profit margins. I know that Elon has said that Teslas are too expensive, and I expected him to reduce prices when inflation, supply-chain issues, etc., subsided, but not so much that the LRMY would squeak under the $55K IRA rebate threshold. I do not think that is chance at all.
methinks you like conspiracy theory angles.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
…I was watching today's Electrified a while ago and Dillon presented a laundry list of rationale of how lowering prices might not adversely impact profit margins.
stop letting youtube/social media grifters think for you. They clearly know absolutely nothing and its proven time and again

OP
OP
greggertruck

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
Country flag

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
methinks you like conspiracy theory angles.
Not at all. It’s just how I see this particular situation (and not as a conspiracy). I think the government has acted stupidly wrt Tesla all year, or more, and I am ashamed of them (and wrote them a letter saying so). The government clearly made a decision to ignore the EPA designations of SUVs. That is fact. These new prices are also fact. What is conjecture is that it is because of lagging demand when sales numbers are in record territory.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Tesla has only shipped vehicles where the number of gigacastings are prime numbers.

Likewise motors. Prime number of motors in every Tesla. The quad would be the first...

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
stop letting youtube/social media grifters think for you. They clearly know absolutely nothing and its proven time and again
I watch the guy and admit to it. I watch just about anything that talks about the CT and isn’t total trash. That is 4-5 channels. But I rarely agree with everything they say. Like everything else you have to have your head twisted on straight. I did think that the bullet items he mentioned made sense. I am not a business person so some things I am not qualified to question but I do find it useful sometimes. Ok, I am guilty.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Tesla has only shipped vehicles where the number of gigacastings are prime numbers.

Likewise motors. Prime number of motors in every Tesla. The quad would be the first...
Or Fibonacci numbers!
Sponsored