If you want an BEV truck quickly, Rivian is the way to go.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
By then FSD is going to try screaming and stopping you from doing stuff like this.

I hope not, but everyone keeps blaming it on the computer instead of the driver.

-Crissa
Sponsored

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Obviously, it was from Autopilot.
Rivian crashes, blame Tesla?

i am not sure, if Rivian’s automation was used, I am not read on its ability, continuing up the embankment into the cars in the lot is concerning why the automation did not brake. I get the impression the truck was under manual control. I am not confident since all my details are from this thread.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Rivian crashes, blame Tesla?

i am not sure, if Rivian’s automation was used, I am not read on its ability, continuing up the embankment into the cars in the lot is concerning why the automation did not brake. I get the impression the truck was under manual control. I am not confident since all my details are from this thread.
Read the story and it's pretty light in details.

They spent more time talking about how he'd managed to hit a Mercedes S-Class than talking about cause.

The only reason I mentioned autopilot above was because of how many articles we see which are like this but the author feels compelled to say something about Autopilot or toss a throw away "We're not sure if Autopilot was involved or not" in there.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
I was just poking fun at haters who have their conspiracy theory threads pre-tied to their desired causes. Rivian crashes, Tesla’s autopilot must be blamed.

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Would you take your CT there? Anything I spend more than $40K on will stay mostly on pavement. And I am not saying this because this scares the ….. out of me.

I will do some OHV in my truck... I won't go to Moab, but maybe some local places around here.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
Would you take your CT there? Anything I spend more than $40K on will stay mostly on pavement. And I am not saying this because this scares the ….. out of me.

Not for me. I am curious how well the alignment held up afterwards. I don’t expect it to perfect.

chalupacabre

First Name
chalupacabre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 T3LR/DM
Occupation
vetter
Country flag
Please jum
Poking my head into the Rivian forums I was a little surprised at something.

The estimates they have over there suggest Rivian's sales numbers are in the low-mid 20k range. That's both the truck and the SUV together. That is consistent with what the CEO of Rivian said "We have 10s of thousands of pre-orders".

There are also hints that they are going to have most of those trucks delivered by Spring of next year.

Good chance if you put your hat in the Rivian ring, you'll be in a truck by summer.
Please jump
Rivian is their own insurance so we will never know how much it costs to fix it. It won't be cheep for us.

The following is from Laurent in Rivian Forum:

Looks like the Rivian was going south on Myford Rd and missed the turn.

location-jpg.jpg
My experience is that Tesla Navigate on Autopilot could have easily handled this maneuver. Probably not the first vehicle to jump the curve, but shrubs don't seem to be regularly grill whacked

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
After looking a little more, I think your numbers are probably closer.

I like the skin... not so much the parking job. Probably more accurate if he comes at it from the paved side. I guess Rivian drivers just can't resist the occasional off-road excursion?
Tank turn gone bad :cool:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

I would dream of taking my CT to places like this. Truth be told though it will take quite a while and lots of smaller experiences for my heart to build up stamina for this kind of run. I'm sure the CT itself can do this easily but my heart might freak out.

Interesting quote in the video at 3:53
I've been waiting for the Cybertruck to come out but this might change my mind.
To each their own. But if this ilttle video can push you to change over to Rivian than so be it. Just wait till CT comes out and kicks Rivian butt. Then is he going to sell his Rivian to jump back to CT? For me, I see this video as a demonstration of yet another truck that can successfully navigate this path. So in a single area of expertise, the Rivian is similarily capable as the CT will be. But if I compare the two trucks on a much wider spread of functionality and specs, Rivian just doesn't match up. Looking at the price and weight differences alone make the CT much more attractive to me for this kind of activity.

Quote queued up here:

OP
OP
Ogre

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
But if this ilttle video can push you to change over to Rivian than so be it.
If you are still "Thinking" about getting a Cybertruck, it's likely you won't be able to get one for another 4+ years. You can buy the Rivian now and enjoy it for 4 years, then sell it and buy the Cybertruck. Best of both worlds. Assuming you have the cash to drop $85k on a Rivian, take a bath on selling it used, then drop another $70k on a Cybertruck.

Retirement is over-rated.
Sponsored