Interested in dent/scratch resistant stainless steel CyberSUV 340mi, 3-row/7-seat, tow 10K lbs?

Interested in dent/scratch resistant stainless steel CyberSUV 340mi, 3-row/7-seat, tow 10K-lb?

• Total voters

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Model X is non-starter. Too small, too delicate (not dent/scratch resistant), not enough ground clearance (need real SUV level), too flashy falcon wing doors, too expensive. It is a luxury car.

SUV for families and work crews. NO sports car like acceleration. Regular SUV type off-roading not heavy-duty stuff.

Use as many component parts as possible from Cybertruck.

Prefer stainless steel roof instead of glass ( People are on their smart phones all the time and don't pay attention to the outside even when they are outside!).

Could use vault tonneau cover storage area for more battery cells.

Seating - 1st row: 2, 2nd row: 3, 3rd row: 2

Low cost is critical.

Don't want to wait another 4-6 years for fully ground-up redesigned SUV BEV from Tesla.
Relatively quickly give us a warmed over SUV based on Cybertruck. Pleaseeee.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
I would want a little more range for family road trips. 400+ to really get me interested.

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
The hard partition between cabin and vault is number one reason I'd pass on my CT reservations. If it was a foldable midgate, or as you suggest refactored to be mid size to full size SUV form factor, I'd be way more likely to convert my preorder to full order. Agreed that I don't need my utility vehicle to act like a sports car too.

I don't really need 6, 7, or 8 seats, that's really a neutral decision in my book.

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
The hard partition between cabin and vault is number one reason I'd pass on my CT reservations. If it was a foldable midgate, or as you suggest refactored to be mid size to full size SUV form factor, I'd be way more likely to convert my preorder to full order. Agreed that I don't need my utility vehicle to act like a sports car too.

I don't really need 6, 7, or 8 seats, that's really a neutral decision in my book.
2nd & 3rd row seats should be fold down-able for more storage space.

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I would want a little more range for family road trips. 400+ to really get me interested.
Yes, 400mi would be nice especially if towing.

Right now I would even accept 300mi because we don't have any large SUV BEV choices at all in U.S./Mexico/Canada.

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
So basically a Tahoe with stainless steel body and 500 mile range?
If trying to use as many Cybertruck parts as possible I don't know if can get 500mi range.

CyberSUV will not be as energy efficient as Cybertruck due to CyberSUV shape having more aero-dynamic drag ( SUV will not have the kinda teardrop shape of Cybertruck when vault tonneau cover is closed ).

Only place I can see for extra battery cells is space used by Cybertruck vault tonneau cover storage. Might need the energy from these extra cells just to offset extra drag of SUV shape.

Last edited:

Flad11

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck someday
Country flag
The lucid gravity is advertised to go about 440 with a 120kW battery. I’m watching that one for my wife.

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Would make a lot of sense now that the Cybertruck is a 5-seater. Tesla does need a Tahoe/Suburban/Escalade competitor.

Only place I can see for extra battery cells is space used by Cybertruck vault tonneau cover storage. Might need the energy from these extra cells just to offset extra drag of SUV shape.
Can't put cells there, you'd need that space for third row legroom.

The lucid gravity is advertised to go about 440 with a 120kW battery. I’m watching that one for my wife.
Lucid Gravity is more of a Model X competitor.
Sponsored