none
Country flag

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
5 is fine for me. I don't care about 3 in the front at all.
When we bought our F-150, we were both sure we wanted the bench seat in the front. After 14 years we have used it twice, I think, and we really wished we would have bought one of the center console models.

Of course, it's a truck, not a passenger van, people who don't need a truck can always buy a Model X or a Model Y. And please spare me the 1% use cases where someone needs a truck that fits six people. I'm sure they exist, it's just that Tesla does not need to try to meet the needs of every single truck buyer with one truck. Let the 1% that absolutely have to have a truck for six buy something else.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
When we bought our F-150, we were both sure we wanted the bench seat in the front. After 14 years we have used it twice, I think, and we really wished we would have bought one of the center console models.

Of course, it's a truck, not a passenger van, people who don't need a truck can always buy a Model X or a Model Y. And please spare me the 1% use cases where someone needs a truck that fits six people. I'm sure they exist, it's just that Tesla does not need to try to meet the needs of every single truck buyer with one truck. Let the 1% that absolutely have to have a truck for six buy something else.
Did your truck come with a center seat that folded down into a console?

-Crissa

Haopec

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX P100d, Rivian R1T
Occupation
Project Manager
Country flag
img_0313-jpeg.jpg

There's room for a 6th in the vault
I'm honestly a little concerned about the storage space. I really enjoy the large frunk, gear tunnel and extra large spare tire vault in the R1T (I don't have a spare tire). It seems the CT will have a large ample bed, but I like the separated storage space of the R1T. Most of the time when we go camping, the bed is almost empty because there is so much auxiliary space in the other areas. I really hope the CT has a HUGE frunk..

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Did your truck come with a center seat that folded down into a console?

-Crissa
Yes, but it's a compromise console and the center seat is not really comfortable for anyone anyway.

edit: No, the seat doesn't fold down into a console, the console folds up into a seatback. I thought I would add that, because I'm not clear on what you meant.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Yes, but it's a compromise console and the center seat is not really comfortable for anyone anyway.

edit: No, the seat doesn't fold down into a console, the console folds up into a seatback. I thought I would add that, because I'm not clear on what you meant.
Then what did you want? Consoles are usually wasted space aside from cupholders.

-Crissa

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Then what did you want? Consoles are usually wasted space aside from cupholders.

-Crissa
Good question, and I'm not really sure. I think it's just that the cockpit ergonomics (especially the different heights of the left and right elbow rests) of our 2010 F-150 XLT Supercab are not unified. I just know it doesn't feel very cohesive or satisfactory and I haven't spent a lot of time analyzing it. I'm pretty easy to please but it just seems off. Sometimes I think they tailored it to fat people and didn't think it through very well. But I'm not very familiar with later model F-150's so I'm not sure how those aspects have evolved over time either.

The main point I wanted to make is we thought the extra front seat would come in handy, but its a truck, usually used with one or two people to do a job. If the job requies four people, there is still the back seats. So, the idea of a center seat might be more appealing than the actual reality of it, for most people. The cab of the Cybertruck looks roomier and more functional than the Supercab in our F-150.

I'm hopeful the ergonomics of the Cybertruck cab turuns out quite a bit better. I don't see how it wouldn't, knowing the way the Cybertruck team approaches new challenges. I expect they will be pretty thorough.

kbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I can accept most changes of the prototype we saw, but when it comes to removing option of 3rd seat, it maybe the only deal breaker for me. Really sad if they do not offer it as an option.

As mentioned above regarding the acceleration and G forces, practically comes first with a utilitiy vehicle.
I'd be interested to know what someone else gets if a third seat in the front is a deal breaker. Every other electric truck is highly inferior.

In my mind the Cybertruck is a 9/10 missing the middle seat and midgate. However, every other truck is like a 6/10 maybe a 7/10.

I'm also still amazed why anyone buys a Lexus, Audi, or BMW when there is a highly superior model Y for roughly the same price. Either people don't know about the model Y or they purposely buy an interior product. It's like buying a flip phone when there are smart phones out there.

PilotPete

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche, BMW, M3LR on order
Occupation
Chief Pilot
Country flag
I'd be interested to know what someone else gets if a third seat in the front is a deal breaker. Every other electric truck is highly inferior.

In my mind the Cybertruck is a 9/10 missing the middle seat and midgate. However, every other truck is like a 6/10 maybe a 7/10.

I'm also still amazed why anyone buys a Lexus, Audi, or BMW when there is a highly superior model Y for roughly the same price. Either people don't know about the model Y or they purposely buy an interior product. It's like buying a flip phone when there are smart phones out there.
As to the other automakers vs. the Y, I can tell you the 90% answer. Perception. Let me explain…

We were comparing the private jet crowds reaction to 2 different jets. Both in the $50M+ price range. One had these big overstuffed seats and tons of buttons and anything metal was plated to look like it was gold. Lots of dark wood (veneer) and lots of “beige” everywhere. After that jet, they walked into a very different interior. We called it “The Ikea Interior”. The galley was black carbon fiber, the seats and carpet were pure white. The wood was light maple or birch (veneer), the seats were the same size, but had a “thinner” or “lighter” minimalist look. No buttons, everything controlled off of a touch panel. That plane sold well in Europe. All the people at my showing (in Vegas) hated the 2nd plane. To them it didn’t seem “Luxurious” enough.

Same is true of the Tesla vs. (name your luxury brand) discussion. The Tesla doesn’t have a ton of buttons. The touchscreen makes them think of their iPads, and dang, even poor people have an iPad! No luxury there! It’s a clean minimalist interior, and we’ve been programmed to think that is cheap. Luxury comes with buttons and switches to adjust everything. Look at the driver’s seat. On the BMW I can adjust thigh support, and lumbar support, and seat height, and recline, and headrest height, and how tight the side bolsters grip, and fore/aft, and… And every single one of those adjustments has a button or switch to make that adjustment! Therefore, the more switches, the more luxury. Teslas aren’t like that. Even though you can make almost every one of those adjustments, there’s no stinkin’ button! And now we’re taking away stalks and moving to a yoke? That’s not the luxury we’ve been programmed to understand! It’s different, and therefore inferior! Doesn’t matter if you will like it better when you change the way you interact with it.

Therein lies the problem with the X and Y when compared to the RX, NX, X#, GL, or whatever else you compare it to. ”The sails are in the way, I can’t just grab something out of the front of the bed!” Maybe not if you lower it, or keep it in the frunk, or in the DBS under the aft section of the bed (dead body storage for my non-Italian readers) or something else. “The yoke won’t work with hand over hand u-turns or parking!” What about variable ratio steering? Or SBW? Or maybe you don’t need hand over hand anymore, or… ”I need the stalks to make turn signals” First off, I’ve followed some of you on the freeway (unknowingly), and you don’t use your turn signals all that much! Besides that, this might be easier once you adapt. How many blondes got their high heels stuck in the steering wheel when we moved the high beam switch from the floor to the stalks??? (Old joke) Now people would freak if we moved the switch back to the floor. It’s a new way of thinking, and it might be better.

Adapt and overcome.

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
Is there another EV pickup/SUV/van available today (or soon) in U.S. that has seating for 6 ( family of 6 (various heights) NOT 6 NFL linebackers) AND Tesla charging network and FSD?

* For the NOT even reasonable reply I got, I edit my previous post:
van as in mini-van NOT a camper van, motor-home or other full-height van.
The family is not going to live in it. Need range similar to Model Y LR or Cybertruck ( 325 mi ).
Has to have reasonable price for normal family (not rich). Price similar to ICE competitors, $60K - $80K or original Cybertruck at reveal.

Last edited:

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Is there another EV pickup/SUV/van available today (or soon) in U.S. that has seating for 6 ( family of 6 (various heights) NOT 6 NFL linebackers) AND Tesla charging network and FSD?
:ROFLMAO:

… and is being built in ATX, and made of SS exterior, and rhymes with “BlyberBluck”??!!

didn’t think so, suckers!

But if you did want to move 6 NFL Linebackers, and have access to Tesla charging network:

Tesla Cybertruck Most 80-81" wide ICE competitors have option for 3-seat front row D106D033-B064-4314-A7E3-F59F9EFDE9B4
Tesla Cybertruck Most 80-81" wide ICE competitors have option for 3-seat front row A14A1ABD-7E81-48A8-96A1-040E96858258
Tesla Cybertruck Most 80-81" wide ICE competitors have option for 3-seat front row 5F1A57F2-C8B4-4322-8949-0BF14F202345
Tesla Cybertruck Most 80-81" wide ICE competitors have option for 3-seat front row A80CA9D0-6DFB-4898-9086-0B69CC36695D
Tesla Cybertruck Most 80-81" wide ICE competitors have option for 3-seat front row 58954869-4FDD-4617-8D56-AFF22ED6C3B9

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
:ROFLMAO:

… and is being built in ATX, and made of SS exterior, and rhymes with “BlyberBluck”??!!

didn’t think so, suckers!

But if you did want to move 6 NFL Linebackers, and have access to Tesla charging network:

D106D033-B064-4314-A7E3-F59F9EFDE9B4.jpeg
A14A1ABD-7E81-48A8-96A1-040E96858258.jpeg
---------------------------------------------------

The Winnebago eRV23 or any camper van, motorhome is nothing like a pickup/SUV/van that has seating for 6. Winnebago eRV23 is based on Ford Transit and Ford has nothing close to FSD (GM Cruise might be a FSD contender). Winnebago eRV23 terrible range.

Only need seating for 6 NOT living for 6. Seating for family of 6 like the many many ICE pickups/SUVs/minivans.

* For the NOT even reasonable reply I got, I will edit my previous post:
van as in mini-van NOT a camper van, motor-home or other full-height van.
The family is not going to live in it. Need range similar to Model Y LR or Cybertruck ( 325 mi ).
Has to have reasonable price for normal family (not rich). Price similar to ICE competitors, $60K - $80K or original Cybertruck at reveal.

----------------------
EV Camping in Winnebago's eRV2: Cozy Cabin but Constrained Range
The prototype electric camper van features a clever and well-appointed interior, but the eRV2 struggled to deliver even 100 miles of range.
Expected price $140,000 and $245,000
By Caleb Miller
Published: Apr 21, 2023
https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a43602746/2023-winnebago-erv2-prototype-drive/
----------------------

Last edited:

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
This song explains why I want "6 seats", or at least a low or removable center console:

Thanks for explaining for me, Cake.
Sponsored