Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 FJ Cruiser NSSE, Cybertruck trimotor
Occupation
parapyropig
Country flag
Anyone else Think the bed has a lot of lost space? looks like inside sloped sides? any idea what those are?
I’m going to go out on a limb, and guess that some accommodation had to be made for four-wheel steering.
Sponsored

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Anyone else Think the bed has a lot of lost space? looks like inside sloped sides? any idea what those are?
6 x 4. Pretty big.
Probs our human eyes letting us down again

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Lines look GREAT! Truck looks very complete! OG WHEELS! Mirrors. This is it.........
Look at the interior?! Man..

More pics coming!

1677692459659.png
FqJ07oqakAEqXQd.jpeg

FqJ07nwacAAdIEb.jpeg

FqJ07oqaAAAYlD2.jpeg

1677694759411.jpeg

FqJ0DmbXgAQ9vAS.jpeg

WALKAROUND VIDEOS:

The Robots ARE building The Robots

MEWoodsMFG

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2008 Chrysler Town & Country
Occupation
Business Owner
Country flag
Yes! I have a Cyberlandr camper on order and I'm really worried the bed is going to be too small now, especially the amount of vertical space lost by the overhang.

SolarWizard

First Name
MB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3.0L JT // Quad CT
Occupation
solar, DCFC & battery biz owner
Country flag
6 x 4. Pretty big.
Probs our human eyes letting us down again

Some opinions from a guy in construction
1) the frunk most certainly opens up like the lightning. Reason: camera is clearly offset to accommodate a front plate. Center of course is best. Camera can’t go under plate and only can’t go in the crevice where lights preside because they don’t want you smashing it loading the frunk
2) the sail panel storage looks to be accessed from inside the bed. While that makes sense from packaging stand point (with what appears to be a composite bed a la toyota) it obviously won’t be as convenient
3) appears to accommodations for both roof and bed racks, which is paramount for a truck
4) the bed appears to be JUST wide enough for a pallet or plywood. While its crucial to allow for those things, its going to introduce a lot of accidents for fork lift drivers. My belief is that this is to allow for rear steer.
5) the tonneau cover track appears improved but its clearly not for air sealing so hvac / midgate is almost certainly DOA
6) that tow hook location (if thats what the popouts are for) is absolutely terrible. Imagine being buried in the mud and having to find those
7) winch? With a lightningesque frunk I just don’t see how that’s gonna work. That is a really big sticking point for me.
8) im not seeing how a tailgate ramp will exist given the reduced height and the need for “a surface” to hit the ground. That would get chewed up in short order
9) the back seat legroom and space in general appears smaller than any modern half ton truck. While this will count as a 5 seater, it won’t be comfortable with three construction guys. That doesn’t affect me but it will definitely turn off some industries. More than the lack of front middle seat does.

Overall I like it. I don’t see any killer corners.
The winch is the biggest negative by far for me

Last edited:

CyberSleuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Hot Wheels 1:10 Cybertruck
Country flag
Anyone else concerned about the amount of plastic on the front and rear bumper of the truck?
This is supposed to be the toughest production vehicle ever, but the bumpers (where impacts and scratches happen most often) look mighty fragile...

Tesla Cybertruck INVESTOR DAY CYBERTRUCK BETA PRESENT! [w/ Walkaround Videos] FqJ07oqaAAAYlD2

kraal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
Looks Ok! Will keep my order, for now! Good that will not receive one of the first ones! Tesla will correct a few things!
  • 6x4 bed size - exceeds my need!
  • 5 seats instead of 6. - dam, 6 would be nice!
  • 5% stated. - Nice, it was too big for my needs.
  • Will have a frunk.
  • Like the steering wheel.
  • the bed lining, dahh, the first with the T track was much nicer (would creat future issues probably)
  • Rear leg room seems short!! Not good!
  • The "driver" display would be nice to have! Don't like to look to the side to control my speed!
  • The ramp is missing or what?! Not nice!
Sponsored