Investor Day CT was the Wolverine/Lower Trim (Opinion)

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
From the tip of the fender flare, to the innermost tip of the “new” wheel well, you’re confident is not 12”?

PS: to reemphasize a point seemingly not too interesting to others, that this “pre-production beta” has wheel wells whatsoever - that run ~3/4 of the bed’s length

Presumably based on this:

1C915E39-776B-475D-9081-F9BEFC442E50.jpeg

838CD3CA-A9E3-4F93-AAF6-238A92E5CE2D.jpeg

I think there’s a reasonable assumption that whatever length spec is being discussed, it’s the area in red.

In which case the “less than” comments prob refer to the remainder of the bed length in the blue, green, or even yellow strata
Right. Why would a clearly rounded down number be the max constraint?

The width of my Mazda 3 inside wheel wells is 46". It's silly to think that it would be only 48" or less.

-Crissa
Sponsored

SentinelOne

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
See Sig
Occupation
IT
Country flag
The main thing for us in Australia is that we don't want CT to be to much wider than the Toyota's track otherwise we won't fit down the same bush tracks. Length with 4WS doesn't matter, and height only rarely, but it can go lower than a Cruiser anyway. Parking you just have to be more picky, or park further away. Otherwise it's fine.
That....and wrong side of the road! :cool: Just having fun.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Right. Why would a clearly rounded down number be the max constraint?

The width of my Mazda 3 inside wheel wells is 46". It's silly to think that it would be only 48" or less.

-Crissa
to be fair, the relevance of bed dimensions is a little more sensitive.

if when the CT bed stats comes out and says the bed is “6’” long, and that measurement is only for the area in red in the pic above, that would mean the bed is 6’ for only 3-5” of height. That’s material for knowing what you can or can’t fit in the bed with the tailgate up

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Vault on the OG is 6‘ 6” long from front to back. No reason to believe that’s shrunk more than an inch or two. Most people who have measured the truck using various ways put the total length very close to what the OG was. Every impression I’ve heard from people who have seen it in person is that it is still a very large vehicle.

Clearly there are some small wheel wells now. The truck also has 4WS now which likely requires more clearance for the wheels. Aside from this I think it’s safe to assume the bed is largely the same size as it has been from the start. I’m sure a 4x8 sheet of plywood fits inside and does not overhang the back of the tailgate.

Someone claims to have some pretty good specs on the truck with actual measurements which will hopefully end this debate.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
if the sides of the Vault were 12", and the bed 48" , that would give it a total of 72"

The truck was originally 82" wide , less 5% = 78" ----- 6" extra width right there.

I don't think the sides are 12", so we can adjust that down and also add that to the bed width.

To think the bed could be close to 4' is way off the mark imo likely closer to 5'
Split the diff..... 4' 6" :)
That's a 'Happy Camper' right there!
Sponsored