O. K.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3 Jun 2019..... Model S Jan 2020
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Well, if that is true, I don't think it is at giga austin. We have gotten good views into the die casting area and there aren't any IDRA boxes, opened or unopened, in there, and nothing on the 2 pads they finished before the walls went up.
its a phantom delivery in the middle of the night.....un-marked crates......invisible to reservation holders
Sponsored

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
For the last gigapress Joe Tegtmeyer said that they heard of flights coming into Austin Bergstrom that had the gigapress on them, so maybe they were flown in and not shipped in. That would change the argument substantially. It wouldn't change any impact on IDRA's supply chain though.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
How quickly can IDRA deploy Gigapresses?

Sounds like it is a multi-month process to bring them online. How many installation engineers do they have? How many machines can they make in a year? If they can only make and deploy 10 per year, Tesla needs 20+ right now, ~8 in Berlin, 12+ in Texas. They don’t even have all of teh Gigapresses for the Model Y line set up yet do they?

If it does take months to set a press up, it’s likely they have 1 crew in Texas and 1 crew in Berlin and are have been setting them up as quickly as they can.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
How quickly can IDRA deploy Gigapresses?

Sounds like it is a multi-month process to bring them online. How many installation engineers do they have? How many machines can they make in a year? If they can only make and deploy 10 per year, Tesla needs 20+ right now, ~8 in Berlin, 12+ in Texas. They don’t even have all of teh Gigapresses for the Model Y line set up yet do they?

If it does take months to set a press up, it’s likely they have 1 crew in Texas and 1 crew in Berlin and are have been setting them up as quickly as they can.
If you go to the IDRA site they say how many they make in a year. You can do this.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If you go to the IDRA site they say how many they make in a year. You can do this.
You could have just posted this stat here since you clearly looked; it would have been no more effort to post that number as it was to make your somewhat snarky post. Yet here we are, you being snarky and me being lazy.

I’m not super motivated so I’m just going to post this equally snarky reply.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
I take Joe's information more than a pound of salt. He has his boots on-site every other day, which is more than me just being an arm-chair expert at something until 1 year ago I really didn't understand. But watching the quadsquad videos nearly every day I understand more and more. These are very informative videos. Joe has made several contacts that let him in on timelines and many other helpful bits of information that he shares in his videos. I am not saying EVERYTHING is fact or always correct but it is our best lead into what's happening there.
I love the quad (now tri) squad videos and they are the facts on the ground that keep me as sane as possible. And they do interact with the contractors and, sometimes, it seems, with people higher in the food chain. But if you look at the projected number of presses on the west side against the number of pads that were eventually put in, it is less than we all thought it might be. It is because for every 2 press pads they put in they had at least one section blank. So whereas we thought each long. bay might be able to hold maybe 9 presses, the west side currently has 5 (maybe 6) pads. The other side is shorter. So they might end up with 10 presses in the end, maybe less. What I am trying to get at is that everyone was making the best guesses they could but they were only guesses. The videos are fact. We should go by the videos and temper our guessing as much as possible.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
You could have just posted this stat here since you clearly looked; it would have been no more effort to post that number as it was to make your somewhat snarky post. Yet here we are, you being snarky and me being lazy.

I’m not super motivated so I’m just going to post this equally snarky reply.
Well, I went out to find the numbers on the IDRA site and failed, so I messed up. They were there at one point in time, or somewhere. I was convinced, when I wrote that comment, that you would find them faster going there yourself. It wasn't that I wasn't willing to paste a link here. I didn't have it. I do not think my comment was snarky. I really thought you could find it faster than me finding the time to find it and paste it. No offense was intended. I will continue looking for the data and will post when I find it.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Well, I went out to find the numbers on the IDRA site and failed, so I messed up. They were there at one point in time, or somewhere. I was convinced, when I wrote that comment, that you would find them faster going there yourself. It wasn't that I wasn't willing to paste a link here. I didn't have it. I do not think my comment was snarky. I really thought you could find it faster than me finding the time to find it and paste it. No offense was intended. I will continue looking for the data and will post when I find it.
No worries. I was being a bit defensive and snarky and lazy. You sounded so confident it was public easy to access knowledge I was certain you already had the figure.

lslick23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
=-)
Country flag
For the last gigapress Joe Tegtmeyer said that they heard of flights coming into Austin Bergstrom that had the gigapress on them, so maybe they were flown in and not shipped in. That would change the argument substantially. It wouldn't change any impact on IDRA's supply chain though.
Well if anyone can confirm that an Antonov AN-124 was in Austin then you have your answer. They would be the only non military entity that could transport oversized cargo like that And they are hard to miss.

Tesla Cybertruck Is the CT GigaPress on site? 58AAC27C-1F8E-4972-B511-5BBCEB62C323

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag