Is the order of Reservation being Honored At All?

rudedawg78

First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 Cybertruck
Occupation
Retired USAF, Emergency Manager
Country flag
I'm good with not getting an invite right now. First off, I am not interested in the Foundation series. Lastly, I want all the initial overlooked bugs and defects worked out before I take delivery of my AWD.
Sponsored

TECH49

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MSP, MYP, C8, Ram 1500
Country flag
I think the best way to evaluate things Tesla does is to consider that everything they do has a benefit to them, though often, we don't understand that benefit.

In my wildest dreams, I can't imagine Tesla issuing reservation numbers in anything but sequential order. How would that benefit Tesla?

I think Tesla could be applying lottery logic to some kind of subset of the reservations. I'm ok with that. I think that's the only explanation for what we're seeing. If it is, I wish they would just say so, because they are making more people unhappy than happy as it is. This isn't a benefit to Tesla in my book, which is why it's so puzzling to me.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Well, they're going by them within a geographical location.

-Crissa
yes and there may be other additional criteria such as ordering FSD, tri-motor, previously tesla owner and someone suggested that if you went to a tesla dealership and took a test drive of another tesla then that helped.

Obviously being a VIP or someone that Elon knows helps.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
I think the best way to evaluate things Tesla does is to consider that everything they do has a benefit to them, though often, we don't understand that benefit.

In my wildest dreams, I can't imagine Tesla issuing reservation numbers in anything but sequential order. How would that benefit Tesla?

I think Tesla could be applying lottery logic to some kind of subset of the reservations. I'm ok with that. I think that's the only explanation for what we're seeing. If it is, I wish they would just say so, because they are making more people unhappy than happy as it is. This isn't a benefit to Tesla in my book, which is why it's so puzzling to me.
The answer to this came to me during the night last night. I too wondered why I was chosen at 40,000 on the list. I really don't know how my name came up, but there's a line for these vehicles and the people at the very front of the line are not nearly as worried about when their cyber truck will show up. So they may be less likely to order the foundation series. People like me I've got to think that there are a lot of people ahead of me and my truck won't be showing up for minimum 6 months to a year. There's the excitement of wow I may get to pass all kinds of people and get One of those special trucks. I still do think it is a bit arbitrary and how the heck do you choose who you're going to tap on the shoulder if you're Tesla. One other thing, even at 40,000 on the list I made my reservation about 1 hour after the end of the presentation, not even close to the next day.

OP
OP

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
Confidence in a company is a fragile thing. Transparency is important. I always thought the $100 deposit was a terrible move and would have felt better if it had been $5000 or some more realistic number for a 'real' deposit, but then the deposit numbers would likely not have exceeded the million mark. What good has the 'million' deposits done for confidence in the company?
Tesla stock has always been a yo-yo, but its volatile nature may be due in large part to the emotional gyrations of the guy at the top.
If the reservation system is systematically dishonored it doesn’t send a good message to either reservation holders or shareholders. There are many who are both, but may soon become neither.

VR Driving

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Country flag
Technically, there is NO confidence in the order tracker, because it does not come from Tesla, and is just fan based.

We don't even know for sure if Tesla numbers are handed out sequentially at all.
So this might be their internal order based on location or other metric. We don't know.

Also apparently there are now more than 1000 Foundation series being offered to scoop up the desperadoes in the early pool with too much cash.

Either way picking random reservations from a early "group" of reservations might actually be a bit fairer that relying on random delays from your ISP or glitches on their server at the time?
It seems that Tesla is sending out invites in waves, they must know the conversion rate internally.

CyberTruck46290

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Country flag
I think it's lottery and geographic based (117249). I'm in Los Angeles and haven't heard a thing. I never got that $1000 email either, lol.

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
When it comes to Tesla delivery, you want to get it later than sooner. The average refresh cycle time on the process is about one year. For battery, it goes to two years more or less. So the optimal delivery time is around 2026 for CT, before cutting costs starts on materials from most vendors. I can't/do not want to wait that long, unfortunately.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
Confidence in a company is a fragile thing. Transparency is important. I always thought the $100 deposit was a terrible move and would have felt better if it had been $5000 or some more realistic number for a 'real' deposit, but then the deposit numbers would likely not have exceeded the million mark. What good has the 'million' deposits done for confidence in the company?
Tesla stock has always been a yo-yo, but its volatile nature may be due in large part to the emotional gyrations of the guy at the top.
If the reservation system is systematically dishonored it doesn’t send a good message to either reservation holders or shareholders. There are many who are both, but may soon become neither.
At $100, 4 years and all these shenanigans. It's not cool. But, if folks had gave them $5000 4 years ago. There would be hell to pay!!!

I really wonder about reservations for the Semi, and Roadster. One can only hope, that Tesla has communicated better with them.

NHRef

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Did Tesla ever say that CT orders would be filled on a first come, first served basis?

I understand eager buyers wanting their CT sooner rather than later. I also understand that CT Garage Queens with ultra low serial numbers will be worth big bucks some day.

I don’t fall into either category so, for me, the actual fulfillment sequence is moot.

Alfa Guy

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I’m pretty early and in ca but not near Fremont and prefer not being the very first. It makes a lot of sense for both Tesla and early owners to be in close proximity. Servicing otherwise could be very difficult and result in angry customers and bad press.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Civic
Country flag
I ordered in the first few seconds of the order page going live.
The online tracker shows me ~900 in line.
Live in Georgia.
No invite yet.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I always thought the $100 deposit was a terrible move and would have felt better if it had been $5000 or some more realistic number for a 'real' deposit,

The split adjusted share price for $TSLA on the night of the CyberTruck reveal was $22.

Today's price was $239.74

My brokerage account is $1090 lower because of that $100 deposit, and that kind of irks me a bit. 🤨

If Tesla had required $5000 for a deposit, the opportunity cost of that deposit would have set me back $54,486!!!

That would do more than "irk" me. 🤬

And, lest you doubt that I really would have put $5k into $TSLA around that time... 4 days after the reveal I bought 210* shares.

Tesla Cybertruck Is the order of  Reservation being Honored At All? IMG_4552

Last edited:

PattiPRN

First Name
Patricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge ram
Occupation
RN
Country flag
Seems as if there is little rhyme or reason to those who are receiving order invitations. As someone holding 112748xx I figured I’d be getting a letter, esp. since I’ve seen a couple of later numbers allegedly getting g notices; but instead I receive repeated suggestions I buy a Y while I wait. Disappointing.

Price increases were not a surprise to me, but range disappointment is great.

Have they abandoned the reservation list?
I’m wondering the same thing. I’m in Sacramento Ca. I reserved mine In Dec 2019. I too am getting emails telling me I can get a model y 1000 off. I don’t want a model Y. I want to sit in my cybertruck before I leave this earth!
Sponsored