Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y Performance, Model X P100D
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Yeah I agree. Like I was saying, the CT won't really be the solution for people who live in townhouses or downtown areas. I lived in a townhouse for about a year after university, I had to move after my lease was up because surprisingly, my car didn't even fit in the garage since it was apparently designed poorly and most of my neighbors just barely fit their cars in.

I think the fact that the CT does have the summon feature to be able to drive into a garage an drive out without someone inside, it will help people with really narrow garages.

Also when it comes to people who can park in a driveway, there are actually lots of third party chargers now. I will personally have a Tesla wall mount charger on my car port, the outside of the garage, and the inside of the garage. Since my wife and I are going to be getting a Cybertruck, Model X, and possible Model 3 when I can convince her to switch over.
Well thankfully my townhouse does have a decent sized garage so not so bad, if the specs don't change it should fit.

Honestly, once you can park in a garage, you don't want to do it any other way. Rain, snow, hail, thermonuclear radiation, it's just more convenient to drive into the garage, plug in and go inside.

I suppose it's a truck person thing, "thoust is a pussy if thousteth parketh their almighty truck of power in the dank recesses of a garage".

Damn, I'm already breaking truck person rules.
Sponsored

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Well thankfully my townhouse does have a decent sized garage so not so bad, if the specs don't change it should fit.

Honestly, once you can park in a garage, you don't want to do it any other way. Rain, snow, hail, thermonuclear radiation, it's just more convenient to drive into the garage, plug in and go inside.
I don't think the Cybertruck would become any bigger than the prototype. Unless Elon wants to give me the best birthday present ever.

As for parking inside. I have a 3 car garage that has my car and my wifes car. My jeep is parked by my tool shed and my truck is out front. It doesn't block the driveway because I have a big paved area in front of the garage. If we expect freezing rain I park it under the car port, or if it's a really sunny day and I plan on going back out.

Once I get the Cybertruck, I'm selling the jeep and car, building a storage shed/garage for out of season tools and my truck to retire in, and my Cybertruck will be parked outside like my truck was.

The garage might be for 3 cars but it's going to be my workshop, the model X when we get it, and my wifes car, which I want her to trade in for a model 3 or model S.

Having a nice little workshop is a lot more important to me than parking my cybertruck inside. I'm not even sure why people hate walking through a little rain. Even if it is heavy rain, it's kind of nice and it gives me an excuse to immediately change into something comfy.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
And parking full-sized trucks inside is pretty uncommon, all things being said.

-Crissa
I shall bow to yours and others superior truck knowledge.

I still want to stick it in my garage though. ?

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
I don't think the Cybertruck would become any bigger than the prototype. Unless Elon wants to give me the best birthday present ever.

As for parking inside. I have a 3 car garage that has my car and my wifes car. My jeep is parked by my tool shed and my truck is out front. It doesn't block the driveway because I have a big paved area in front of the garage. If we expect freezing rain I park it under the car port, or if it's a really sunny day and I plan on going back out.

Once I get the Cybertruck, I'm selling the jeep and car, building a storage shed/garage for out of season tools and my truck to retire in, and my Cybertruck will be parked outside like my truck was.

The garage might be for 3 cars but it's going to be my workshop, the model X when we get it, and my wifes car, which I want her to trade in for a model 3 or model S.

Having a nice little workshop is a lot more important to me than parking my cybertruck inside. I'm not even sure why people hate walking through a little rain. Even if it is heavy rain, it's kind of nice and it gives me an excuse to immediately change into something comfy.
Well, from the driveway to the garage is not so bad, but with kids it's a lot simpler. Especially when I have their cousins too, then it's just not worth thinking about.

Anyway, no where else to park other than first come first served street parking, it ain't working for me. With property prices right now, no way we're buying a house. I would like at least a three car garage, maybe more.

John K

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt, CT reserve day 2
Country flag
If you have a garage and it fits, use it. If it doesn’t, you can always use as a carport and have their rear or nose stick out.

it will fit in my garage, mine is detached behind a gate and have dogs. So, easier to park in front of my gate in the driveway. If I get an automatic gate opener, I may put in the garage sometime in the future. Now, stores wife’s “stuff” and a game room for my son and his friend.

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
If you have a garage and it fits, use it. If it doesn’t, you can always use as a carport and have their rear or nose stick out.

it will fit in my garage, mine is detached behind a gate and have dogs. So, easier to park in front of my gate in the driveway. If I get an automatic gate opener, I may put in the garage sometime in the future. Now, stores wife’s “stuff” and a game room for my son and his friend.
No driveway. Still, I think it fits so all good.

I guess Elon didn't know trucks don't go in garages either.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Most new construction tract house garages around here can't fit an extended cab pickup truck nose to tail. When I visit friends in newer communities, pickup trucks live in the driveways, sedans and SUV's can fit in the garages. And even then, the driveways are short and the pickups kind of barely fit and impede on the sidewalk areas. Lots of HOA's have rules with how people can park even in their own driveways.

Most people I know can't even park 2 cars in their 2 car garage due to using the garage as storage for "stuff" and not vehicles.

I imagine CT's will live outdoors in the suburbs more often that not.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
I follow Tesla and Cybertruck news on a daily basis but I am a bit confused on the exterior dimensions. The last I heard the Cybertruck was shrinking a tad in order to fit through The Boring Company tunnels. When EM Tweeted “almost“ it leaves a lot up to interpretation. Members, please fill me in if I missed an EM Tweet regarding dimensions.

Friday afternoons are usually Tesla design studio time. Cybertruck will be almost exactly what was shown. We’re adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns & maneuver with high agility. Lot of other great things coming.”

tidmutt

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Most new construction tract house garages around here can't fit an extended cab pickup truck nose to tail. When I visit friends in newer communities, pickup trucks live in the driveways, sedans and SUV's can fit in the garages. And even then, the driveways are short and the pickups kind of barely fit and impede on the sidewalk areas. Lots of HOA's have rules with how people can park even in their own driveways.

Most people I know can't even park 2 cars in their 2 car garage due to using the garage as storage for "stuff" and not vehicles.

I imagine CT's will live outdoors in the suburbs more often that not.
Just not so much in townhouses…

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I follow Tesla and Cybertruck news on a daily basis but I am a bit confused on the exterior dimensions. The last I heard the Cybertruck was shrinking a tad in order to fit through The Boring Company tunnels. When EM Tweeted “almost“ it leaves a lot up to interpretation. Members, please fill me in if I missed an EM Tweet regarding dimensions.

Friday afternoons are usually Tesla design studio time. Cybertruck will be almost exactly what was shown. We’re adding rear wheel steering, so it can do tight turns & maneuver with high agility. Lot of other great things coming.”
The CT dimensions from the prototype was announced to be up to 5% smaller, then announced it would only be 3% smaller, then it was announced that was too small and it would still be the same size at the prototype, that was later changed with joe rogan to be 3% smaller again for the tunnels. That was the last we heard until recently when we all seen that the Cybertruck would be almost exactly what was shown. We can't be sure if that means the size is going back to the original or if he thinks 3% smaller is almost exactly what was shown, maybe he meant exactly what was shown but smaller.

So really as always, we have no idea.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tacoma TRD Pro
Country flag
Thanks for the clarification.

Here is my prediction. The production version will look almost identical but it will be a tad smaller. I predict 2-3% smaller than the concept size. This will assure Cybertruck’s will comfortably fit through The Boring Company tunnels.

Tesla Cybertruck It is effing final. Elon said so himself! "Cybertruck doesn’t need a garage" 3D62367B-6BD2-44BB-87EF-14360D95AD6E

Last edited:

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Just not so much in townhouses…
These are townhouses around here. I've never seen a townhouse without a carport or a garage here, even the older ones built in the 70's and 80's. Condos, however, are another story for parking and storage...........

Tesla Cybertruck It is effing final. Elon said so himself! "Cybertruck doesn’t need a garage" Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 4.11.17 PM

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
These are townhouses around here. I've never seen a townhouse without a carport or a garage here, even the older ones built in the 70's and 80's. Condos, however, are another story for parking and storage...........

Screen Shot 2021-07-05 at 4.11.17 PM.png
I've seen a lived in a townhouse much smaller than that with barely a garage. Hopefully everyone in a townhouse that gets a Cybertruck has a big enough garage for it or at least a driveway to park it in like that photo. But i've also seen a lot of townhouses without a driveway at all, just a tiny garage to pull into from the back.
Sponsored