Joe Tegtmeyer getting a truck ahead of everyone....

Outdoors

First Name
Outdoors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S,3,Y,C
It's 1 truck. They make about 40 a day, and more everyday following it.
So in theory I could have taken delivery 3.5 minutes earlier had Joe not been around.

I will take the videos. Thanks. Very fun to watch. Makes so much better than the average output on TV.

webwrangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3, Tesla Model Y
Country flag
I have mixed feelings about this... I APPRECIATE all that he does for this group but to put someone ahead just because they are influential just rubs me the wrong way. If anyone were to get one because of this reason Joe DOES deserve it, but it goes to show Tesla doesn't care about the average consumer... Just my opinion. Mine is my first Tesla ever, but the way the are handling the deliveries makes me not want to do business with them
Joe DOES deserve it. Full stop.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Looks like Joe updated with his wish list after 1,000 miles, not bad.

Something rather interesting is that ALL of his wishlist items are easily accomplished through software, no design critiques or hardware issues made the wishlist?

If I was given a truck by Tesla or bumped way up the list and pressed for things wrong with the truck I would fall back on things that are already fixed or in the pipeline to be fixed easily with software, aka softball issues.

Tesla Cybertruck Joe Tegtmeyer getting a truck ahead of everyone.... zimage7699

Last edited:

MeadowShade

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model X
Occupation
Business Owner / retired
Country flag
Look, Tesla has every truck they can build sold for 3 years minimum. Given the offer to pay 25% more to be an early adopter was up to me. I said yes.
I paid $1,000 non refundable and I said yes again.
My Reservation was in the top 100,000 but honestly, that makes NO difference. Tesla is running down the bonus point balances, and rewarding larger than average shareholders, the fact this is my 3rd Tesla means nothing.
Yes, I am whinging because NOBODY kicks a dead dog. We KNOW Tesla can do better, so we kick them ... again and again. How hard would it be just to deliver the trucks as you build them and give those of us that really are waiting after coughing up cash twice ... how hard could it be to tell us ... ya know, we are balls to the wall and you will get your truck in ______ best estimate. Two weeks ha.
I really just do NOT understand why they are going OUT of their way to piss all of us off. Surely they feel some heat ... just not seeing the smallest effort to communicate.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I really just do NOT understand why they are going OUT of their way to piss all of us off. Surely they feel some heat ... just not seeing the smallest effort to communicate.
They aren't going out of their way to piss us off. They just don't care about us. At all. We already gave them $1000 based on the lies of jan-mar and powershare equipment, lack of even basic autopilot going into month 4 of deliveries... We have no power in this transaction. We can walk away, giving them a free $1000... OR, we can grin and bear it.

Either way, they win. I, personally, will be sure to tell everyone who asks that they should absolutely never order a new release/refreshed vehicle within the first year from tesla. Every other manufacturer I have ever ordered, or someone I know has ordered from (first model year of a new refresh very often), has handled the first rollout in a much better way. None of this leaving everyone in the dark and being unable to contact anyone willing to even look at your order on a computer screen. No magical line jumps. No weirdness sending 50% of the vehicles to a single state.

But people will come in here and tell you that none of this should bother you, tesla can do whatever they want and should be applauded for it, etc. Just a load of nonsense if you ask me.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I don't know of any manufacturer that was doing mass production that didn't leave owners not really knowing when their vehicles would arrive.

Because there's no way to know. And tantruming that you didn't get it first seems, well, petty.

-Crissa

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Disagree, with social media they only need a couple people. It’s not that hard.
I’m being patient too (Feb to April timeframe). I know nothing will happen until at least the end of April to early May. If it gets past the middle of May then I’ll start to get a little annoyed.
It's not hard - it's expensive.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
They aren't going out of their way to piss us off. They just don't care about us. At all. We already gave them $1000 based on the lies of jan-mar and powershare equipment, lack of even basic autopilot going into month 4 of deliveries... We have no power in this transaction. We can walk away, giving them a free $1000... OR, we can grin and bear it.

Either way, they win. I, personally, will be sure to tell everyone who asks that they should absolutely never order a new release/refreshed vehicle within the first year from tesla. Every other manufacturer I have ever ordered, or someone I know has ordered from (first model year of a new refresh very often), has handled the first rollout in a much better way. None of this leaving everyone in the dark and being unable to contact anyone willing to even look at your order on a computer screen. No magical line jumps. No weirdness sending 50% of the vehicles to a single state.

But people will come in here and tell you that none of this should bother you, tesla can do whatever they want and should be applauded for it, etc. Just a load of nonsense if you ask me.
Welcome to being an early adopter.
Sponsored