Joe Tegtmeyer getting a truck ahead of everyone....

Cybertruck26

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y LR
Occupation
Engineer, Space nerd
Country flag
I HAVE NO LIGHT BAR IN MY APP IMAGE!!! Arrrgh!!!! How did you get one? Can I take my app to the Service Center and have one installed? Does the AWD get a light bar as part of the accessories package? I thought it did.
I have a Beast res. No, comes standard on Beast, but not AWD :(
Sponsored

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Why do we think he's a line jumper? Did he order late?

-Crissa
The way he explained it in his video made it sound as if something unusual happened. Either he line jumped or somehow got it second hand.

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
How do you know this?
Seems pretty obvious, he thanks folks for using his referral code X regularly so I'm sure he has a ton of credits. Also, he's not once mentioned having a CT reservation over the past 4 years.

I suppose the alternative is someone at Tesla approached him, but very unlikely.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
The way he explained it in his video made it sound as if something unusual happened. Either he line jumped or somehow got it second hand.
Yea I interpreted it as being out of the blue, so my guess is he got the influencer/celeb hookup or something along those lines.

BannedByTMC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Seems pretty obvious, he thanks folks for using his referral code X regularly so I'm sure he has a ton of credits.
Do we have any other examples of people using credits to line jump? Is that a thing?

mark555055c

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Cybertruck AWD FS, 2019 Silverado Trail Boss
Country flag
Do we have any other examples of people using credits to line jump? Is that a thing?
It is an official thing a few weeks back. This program, which is no longer available(for the time being). I know of at least 5 ppl who took advantage of it.
Tesla Cybertruck Joe Tegtmeyer getting a truck ahead of everyone.... 1710007000450

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Yes.

Tesla Cybertruck Joe Tegtmeyer getting a truck ahead of everyone.... 1710007188280

Not only were people who redeemed the 30k credits to jump the line given accelerated delivery and jumped to the front of the line (in front of the rest of us who have paid non-refundable deposits and thus have no recourse for our orders being delayed), they were given individual communication from their personal liaison, which is significantly more than the rest of us who paid the $20k markup were given.

Cyberjam

First Name
Stotnova
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
FS AWD (awaiting), miniHummer EV (grandkids)
Occupation
Retired/sometime Rockstar
Country flag

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
True, but I think most of the frustration is from the folks with existing FS orders. The percentage of queue jumpers is much higher when you're only counting foundation series units.

That said, Joe absolutely gets a pass for me.
i agree mark, but unless you're in the first 1000 orders you are practically unaffected. And worst case you go from top 1000 to top 2000. A few weeks with low volume production. Technically there is a case there for people wanting to make a one, I am not being smartass lol.. I really do think most people have patience for this.

What bothers me is these cases of breakdowns and slow response.. that to me is not good.

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I guess Tesla reserves the right to make exceptions for reservations. I'm not crazy about the idea, but seriously if the exceptions are low or in the single or double digits compared to probably over a million of the rest of us, it's like crying over a mosquito bite happening about once a year.

But I can see and understand the logic of posting about it, if for no other reason it alerts Tesla that many of us long waiting customers would appreciate it if they kept those exceptions to a minimum.

I think if anybody would deserve an exception, Joe Tegtmeyer does even more so than any celebrity that might've somehow used a connection. He did a lot more than just the drone flights and video editing, as it's obvious he spent a lot of ground time doing research to bring extra information to us.

- ÆCIII

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
well they will deliver, it builds hype and people are still placing orders. there are still people out there who have no idea what it is .. anytho those people probbally are NOT watching Joes videos lol
Exactly, if you’re not obsessed with CT production, drone video’s of trucks sitting in parking lots is pretty boring.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Did anyone actually post Joe's announcement?

I've got no problem with this; he deserves it a lot more than many of the other "influencers" that got a bump.

Pretty cool!

Congratulations Joe! How exciting! I'm looking forward to your Cybertruck content!
Sponsored