John from Cleanerwatt - "The initial pricing of the CyberTruck will be $90,000 - $120,000"

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
He does offer fairly well thought out reasons for his price estimate of $90,000 - $120,000

I can see the 2024 pricing of the CT being very high. Especially if you stack the cost of FSD on top.

I suppose if there are 1.5 million reservations, Tesla should be able to still sell close to 250,000 at a price close to $100,000.

What's your "I'm out" price?
Lmao. No way. The only reason it had that many reservations was because of the original price point. There’s a reason why tesla only builds 75 thousand model x and s combined to sell around a price of 100k. Not many people buy and can afford it. There’s a reason why hummer EV truck sells very little. The price. They can blame production etc. it’s really the price. Somewhere out there, there’s a graph of a percentage of price of what people can afford/buy. And once it hits 80k price point (NOT VERY MANY PEOPLE WILL BUY IT) (not afford it. Plenty of people will buy what they can’t afford)
So if Elon said 250k per year will be built. And RIVIAN said it will produce 150 thousand a year trucks for 75k…. I mean common sense I think.
Sponsored

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, tri-motor, and dual motor.
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
Lmao. No way. The only reason it had that many reservations was because of the original price point. There’s a reason why tesla only builds 75 thousand model x and s combined to sell around a price of 100k. Not many people buy and can afford it. There’s a reason why hummer EV truck sells very little. The price. They can blame production etc. it’s really the price. Somewhere out there, there’s a graph of a percentage of price of what people can afford/buy. And once it hits 80k price point (NOT VERY MANY PEOPLE WILL BUY IT) (not afford it. Plenty of people will buy what they can’t afford)
So if Elon said 250k per year will be built. And RIVIAN said it will produce 150 thousand a year trucks for 75k…. I mean common sense I think.
If it wasn't for the charging network and the potential for FSD I'd consider a Rivian right now.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
If it wasn't for the charging network and the potential for FSD I'd consider a Rivian right now.
That Tesla Charging Network is amazing compared to the "public" charging network the rest of the average Joe has to use. I use/have used both. The difference is huge.

Daddystired

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Truck
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
I still might consider the RIVIAN. 350 mile range for 79k. And I Home charge. And I trust tesla to roll out magic dock and surpass the other EV chargers soon. But that’s only if cybertruck has a base price of 90k. Which I highly doubt it will be.
Chevy just said 450 mile range with a price point of 78.5k. Great competition for cybertruck and more of a reason to keep price low. However. A 75k truck is still 1,200 a month with 20 percent down. Which is realistically not practically affordable…

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
John is an idiot. Ive been downvoting his videos every time he spouts this non-sense. I hate it, because it makes people like you and other influencers feel like that is OK. 80k is reasonable, but the thought of 120k makes me want to punch babies.

Sacrifices were made to make the truck capable and affordable, what was the point making such a different truck if it ends up having worse performance per dollar than the competition? 80k is perfectly reasonable, 89k is likely. I might pay 110k, but 120 may be my "im out" price, just on principal alone. Others surely feel the same, and if this comes to pass i hope you've sold that TSLA stock. Cause if they miss their price target by, what is that, over 70%, the stock is going to get pounded.
If Tesla sells 2 million vehicles this year, and let's say 2.5-2.7+ million in 2024, the 250,000 Cybertucks they sell, or don't sell, per year won't move the stock too much, up or down.

It would be very interesting to know what Tesla's true cost of producing each CyberTruck turns out to be. At least during the first 12 months. We know Rivian and Ford lose money on every truck they sell. Tesla doesn't like to lose money on anything they sell.

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
If Tesla sells 2 million vehicles this year, and let's say 2.5-2.7+ million in 2024, the 250,000 Cybertucks they sell, or don't sell, per year won't move the stock too much, up or down.

It would be very interesting to know what Tesla's true cost of producing each CyberTruck turns out to be. At least during the first 12 months. We know Rivian and Ford lose money on every truck they sell. Tesla doesn't like to lose money on anything they sell.
Very true, but the mission is to transition to sustainable energy, and all those millions of ICE pickups are some of the worst gas guzzling polluters out there.

OP
OP

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Very true, but the mission is to transition to sustainable energy, and all those millions of ICE pickups are some of the worst gas guzzling polluters out there.
Very true.

The CyberTruck, at least the 2023 version, might not be the answer.
A Pro version Ford Lightning, with 400+ range, and a palatable price would be, IMO.

Jesus Perez

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Nuclear facility operates specials
Country flag
He does offer fairly well thought out reasons for his price estimate of $90,000 - $120,000

I can see the 2024 pricing of the CT being very high. Especially if you stack the cost of FSD on top.

I suppose if there are 1.5 million reservations, Tesla should be able to still sell close to 250,000 at a price close to $100,000.

What's your "I'm out" price?

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
Very true.

The CyberTruck, at least the 2023 version, might not be the answer.
A Pro version Ford Lightning, with 400+ range, and a palatable price would be, IMO.
Ford doesn't like losing money either, and judging by Ford's own numbers it's going to be quite a while before a palatably priced Lightning will be profitable.

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
For decades now Ford has use the outstanding margins from their pickup trucks to subsidize their car production. Only lately have they begun to eliminate sedans because of their miniscule (to negative) margin. I wonder if Tesla would do the reverse? Spend a decade or so using the fantastic profits from the Model Y and 3 to subsidize a miniscule to negative margin on CyberTruck just to get it ramped and popularly accepted. If Tesla can route F-150, Silverado, and Ram sales because they're able to undercut the price, that WILL get lots of them on the road, then let familiarity drive future demand.

Rockvillerich

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Machine fabrication
Country flag
For decades now Ford has use the outstanding margins from their pickup trucks to subsidize their car production. Only lately have they begun to eliminate sedans because of their miniscule (to negative) margin. I wonder if Tesla would do the reverse? Spend a decade or so using the fantastic profits from the Model Y and 3 to subsidize a miniscule to negative margin on CyberTruck just to get it ramped and popularly accepted. If Tesla can route F-150, Silverado, and Ram sales because they're able to undercut the price, that WILL get lots of them on the road, then let familiarity drive future demand.
I sure hope that is Elon's plan.

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
I bought the Lariat Lightning and it’s the first non-Platinum F150 I’ve considered in a long time

even before the Lightning price increases, and even before the 3X of interest rates, and even before the removal of the Fed EV credits, and even before the deletion of massaging seats, etc., the Platinum trim price premium made ZERO sense

in 2023, the ICE delta between base Lariat and base Platinum is $7,000.

the 2023 Lightning delta between a Lariat ER and a Platinum is $13,000, and the Platinum takes a range hit at EPA speeds (which hit only increases at real world highway speeds)

In the ICE version, it was a luxury but I could justify the $7K for the stereo, leather, massaging seats, wheels, and uplift in resale value, with no downsides to performance

in the Lightning, $13K for … less range and stereo/leather upgrade, with unknown resale retention value?

F that mess

Jesus Perez

First Name
Jesus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Nuclear facility operates specials
Country flag
I'm out if it goes above $80,000..
I think some people forget what a truck is for. I couldn't see myself buying a truck if it has the same window price as a luxury car. I'm not saying that I would not love to have all of those features in a truck, but that is why truck are not like cars. A truck is made tough for off roading, towing and diverse functionability. It loses all luxury as soon as you take it off road (damage, suspension, rims glass, dirt, mud, etc). Unless your plan was to just drive this truck like a car, the value drops dramatically as soon as you try to resale it. Here's the bottom line truck owners don't value cars the same. It is going to have Scratches, dents, the occasional broken window if you don't understand the value in that you well never understand what it means to me a real truck owner.
Sponsored