Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
So, apparently with the latest OTA update from Tesla, one can now choose the sound that the vehicle will make while driving at low speeds. Snake Jazz is of course one of the options. And you can add your own MP3 to have whatever sounds you would like instead.

So..... For all those who don't want any sounds at all... (I know, legally you have to have a sound) What is stopping one from just recording silence (or near silence) onto a short MP3 file. Then choosing that MP3 as the "sound".

Or if you would really like to mess with the neighborhood, record the sound of a dog whistle. Silent to humans but heard by dogs. Or perhaps The Mosquito. There are apparently also things like a deer horn or shu roo. Or along the same lines, perhaps the sound of electronic pest control (would this help keep the splatted insects off the front of the CT to a minimum?).

Of course, for any of these to work, (other than the silence case) the boom box speakers would need to be able to handle producing the sound. But if most Tesla's ran with these sounds, perhaps it would repel the insect alien overlords when they come to invade our planet. LOL. Anyone have extra tin foil I can use to build my hat?
Sponsored

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
i dont think the ev noise is a US thing yet, only some European places, of course i could be wrong.
i can see this getting annoying VERY quickly.
im actually a fan of the ev noise while driving and regen-ing

also tin foil dosnt work anymore need something stronger nowadays.