Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Look where the wheels are.

Perhaps good reason for being EX Tesla Engineers,

Tesla Cybertruck Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss 1678443619167
Sponsored

OP
OP

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
I asked where. That's not a place. Find me a pin on the map.

-Crissa
Take a dart board set. Throwaway the dartboard, keep the darts. Next, get a map that focuses on the upper midwest. Put it on a wall you donā€™t mind holes in.
Then, start throwing.

Thereā€™s your locations.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
Take a dart board set. Throwaway the dartboard, keep the darts. Next, get a map that focuses on the upper midwest. Put it on a wall you donā€™t mind holes in.
Then, start throwing.

Thereā€™s your locations.
What's your favorite campsite away from chargers? I'd like to visit if it's somewhere dark for astrophotography. I have an F-150 for now and want to visit the sites that my Cybertruck won't be able to get to before I sell my truck. I'm in Nebraska and there aren't any spots here that are that far away from Superchargers. From living in Nebraska, Montana, North Dakota, and Ohio, I know my way around the mid-west but love finding new places.

Do share!

- Camping away!

(I've also lived in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, New Mexico, California, Colorado, Japan... go Air Force!"

Tesla Cybertruck Lightship L1, revolutionary new RV eliminates towing loss 1678454897481

OP
OP

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
What's your favorite campsite away from chargers? I'd like to visit if it's somewhere dark for astrophotography. I have an F-150 for now and want to visit the sites that my Cybertruck won't be able to get to before I sell my truck. I'm in Nebraska and there aren't any spots here that are that far away from Superchargers. From living in Nebraska, Montana, North Dakota, and Ohio, I know my way around the mid-west but love finding new places.

Do share!

- Camping away!

(I've also lived in Florida, Georgia, Alabama, New Mexico, California, Colorado, Japan... go Air Force!"

1678454897481.png
The map looks pretty, but towing a large trailer means you canā€™t cross the gap between rural superchargers without running out of charge. There are some remote areas that are not covered either.

Iā€™m not sharing my location, so Iā€™m not sharing where my family goes. However, I will say that I think by 2030 this problem will be solved purely by Tesla supercharger coverage.

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3
Country flag
So many nattering nabobs of negativism. šŸ˜œ

I see this as a perfect solution for traveling with a CyberTruck to a relatively remote piece of land and spend a few days (if necessary) off grid. I have a specific use case in mind and I think the CyberTruck/Lightship combo might be perfect.

They say they will have a traveling road show with a prototype soon and I'm going to be sure to make it a priority to checkout the Lightship.

OP
OP

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
[
So many nattering nabobs of negativism. šŸ˜œ

I see this as a perfect solution for traveling with a CyberTruck to a relatively remote piece of land and spend a few days (if necessary) off grid. I have a specific use case in mind and I think the CyberTruck/Lightship combo might be perfect.

They say they will have a traveling road show with a prototype soon and I'm going to be sure to make it a priority to checkout the Lightship.
I agree, my hobby tends to take me to remote places with no nearby chargers. I usually do not spend much time near my car, but it would be nice to sleep the night of arrival in the camper and the night before the day of departure, perhaps.

I hope I can charge an EV with it, because that may work out depending how long Iā€™ve had it sitting collecting a charge. Top up the truck and now I can make it to a supercharger on my route rather than having to go in the opposite direction.

TyPope

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'18 F150, '23 MY, '24 CT, '23 Maveric hybrid soon
Occupation
Operations Planner
Country flag
The map looks pretty, but towing a large trailer means you canā€™t cross the gap between rural superchargers without running out of charge. There are some remote areas that are not covered either.

Iā€™m not sharing my location, so Iā€™m not sharing where my family goes. However, I will say that I think by 2030 this problem will be solved purely by Tesla supercharger coverage.
Oh. I thought you were doing more primitive camping than large camper camping. Sorry. Yeah, the choices for camping get more limited the more infrastructure you need. It's unfortunate that we have mostly lost the stars... Even here in Nebraska, it's hard to get away from the lights. In Albuquerque, they had a "dark skies" initiative that limited street lighting. The effect was that we could go out to our hottub and see so many stars and it took almost nothing to get to areas of complete darkness.

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Wait, so instead of stopping more often to charge I would have to stop and charge both my trailer and my car? That's would suck. I'm still waiting for a trailer with regen braking that has a battery and plugs directly into my truck for a range boost to the truck. Hopefully that's how they do a cybertrailer.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
DIdnt read... clearly not lol

OP
OP

Ranulf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tri motor
Country flag
Wait, so instead of stopping more often to charge I would have to stop and charge both my trailer and my car? That's would suck. I'm still waiting for a trailer with regen braking that has a battery and plugs directly into my truck for a range boost to the truck. Hopefully that's how they do a cybertrailer.
That us exactly what this trailer would need to be. It would need to communicate directly with the truck in order to coordinate motor operation, and by having its own drive motor (with regen) would be far more efficient than just towing a battery.

Meaning an RV of this type would serve you better than what you are looking for, and result in charging LESS.

Youā€™d likely be able to charge the trailer and the truck simultaneously, either by disconnecting the trailer to charge (a little inconvenient) or perhaps through the truck.

pricedm

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Tesla Model Y LR. Volvo XC70 T6 retired 9/23
Occupation
IT
Country flag
I'd like to visit if it's somewhere dark for astrophotography.
Check out Mexican Hat, UT. UT has a L3 Chargepoint charger nearby in both Bluff and Monticello, UT. Tesla Supercharger in Moab, UT (v3 and v2) and v2 in Blanding, UT. Very cool area for dark sky photography. You're also close to Monument Valley. Road trip!

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
That us exactly what this trailer would need to be. It would need to communicate directly with the truck in order to coordinate motor operation, and by having its own drive motor (with regen) would be far more efficient than just towing a battery.

Meaning an RV of this type would serve you better than what you are looking for, and result in charging LESS.

Youā€™d likely be able to charge the trailer and the truck simultaneously, either by disconnecting the trailer to charge (a little inconvenient) or perhaps through the truck.
If it charged through the truck I'd be cool with it but charging both is a no go

AlDente

First Name
Roberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y, Model 3
Country flag
It is amazing to me how so many people make judgments without any facts. This is a startup and the final product (due about the same time as the CT) is far from determined. Suggestions are good and I'm sure welcome and helpful ... premature criticism is frankly, stupid.
Sponsored