Maybe we were lied to. Cybertruck design not polarizing. Most regular people love it.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Yup. The internet is rife with paid shills and paid trolls. It's a real industry with lots of money feeding it. That said, my wife hates the CT. She has been trying to convince me to abandon my order since I made my reservation. However, her real issue with it is how she perceives others view it - not the actual merits of the vehicle.
My other half 100% agrees. She says it's butt ugly and insists I tint the windows so she wonā€™t be seen in the vehicle.

I think the styling is brilliant and quite attractive. Itā€™s one of those rare vehicles that looks way more attractive in person than 2D photos and videos depict.

I canā€™t wait to order my non-FS Dual Motor Cybertruck. I have been in love with this apocalypse ready truck from the moment it rolled on stage in 2019.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rook-E

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Cybertruck AWD
Country flag
Yup. The internet is rife with paid shills and paid trolls. It's a real industry with lots of money feeding it. That said, my wife hates the CT. She has been trying to convince me to abandon my order since I made my reservation. However, her real issue with it is how she perceives others view it - not the actual merits of the vehicle.
My wife had the same reaction, until she found out celebrities like Pharrell, BeyoncƩ,
Steve Aoki, Bad Bunny, Ciara, Justin Bieber and others have one. I believe that helped change her sentiment.

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
@firsttruck , thanks for putting together this thread and including my video too!

All the interactions I have had with people (I talked to about 200 people) most loved the truck, a few were indifferent, they were just curious and wanted to ask what it was. But no one in person said anything negative about the Cybertruck.

However, online it is totally different. A get a ton of negative comments about the Cybertruck. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Yeah same here. The first day I got the truck I was expecting negative comments. But everything has been positive. Even people go out of their way to talk even while iā€™m stopped at red lights. They want to take pics with it too. I wonder why it is so different with online comments? Itā€™s very strange.

Cyber Man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Cayenne, Awaiting Cyberbeast
Country flag
All my friends (4 to be exact) who used to hate the looks of Cybertruck immediately changed their mind when they saw in-person. Two of them even put a deposit and reserved. I absolutely didnā€™t hold myself back in saying I told you so šŸ˜œ. Seeing this marvelous machine in real is so much different from photos and videos, and the best part is looks are the least impressive aspect of the Cybertruck. Itā€™s the design and engineering that blows your pants off. šŸ˜Ž

Last edited:

CTInProcess

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Yeah same here. The first day I got the truck I was expecting negative comments. But everything has been positive. Even people go out of their way to talk even while iā€™m stopped at red lights. They want to take pics with it too. I wonder why it is so different with online comments? Itā€™s very strange.
Itā€™s the same people taking the pictures and videos. They arenā€™t taking these pics and videos for their own personal self. They want to post them online, talk crap or get likes.

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast, 2023 MYP, 2007 S2000, 1998 NSX
Country flag
We live in such a WEIRD time with the INTERNET and SOCIAL MEDIA.

I think sometimes people have an "alter ego" on the internet. There are even other people that simply want to "troll others" on the internet.... they may LOVE the Cybertruck in real life, but they get more "trigged" reactions and are able to "troll" more effectively by having the negative viewpoint. We never really know what people really think/say/do, this is just a hypothesis :)

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Itā€™s the same people taking the pictures and videos. They arenā€™t taking these pics and videos for their own personal self. They want to post them online, talk crap or get likes.
Hahaha, man... that could be true. I never thought about that! Oh well, people are free to have their own opinions. It's all good :)

SARC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
AWD CT FS, 2023 Model S Long Range
Country flag
Iā€™ve only had positive comments. Most people are really curious because even here in the CA Bay Area, they are still a rare sighting.

I had an amazing experience in the small town I live in (Morgan Hill) where I met a guy riding a horse. The guy must have been 100+. He got off his horse, stared at the truck for about 30 seconds and finally said ā€œWell damn, what the heck is that?ā€ It would have been a great photo op, but thatā€™s not my thing.

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Iā€™ve only had positive comments. Most people are really curious because even here in the CA Bay Area, they are still a rare sighting.

I had an amazing experience in the small town I live in (Morgan Hill) where I met a guy riding a horse. The guy must have been 100+. He got off his horse, stared at the truck for about 30 seconds and finally said ā€œWell damn, what the heck is that?ā€ It would have been a great photo op, but thatā€™s not my thing.
Bay Area for the Win! I drive around the Bay Area a lot, I'm In San Leandro, so maybe we even cross paths before!
BTW: I want to live in Morgan Hill one day; those homes are BEAUTIFUL and they are HUGE!!!

Sjohnson20

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck AWD, Model Y
Country flag
The other thing with social media and youtube etc is there are people who make 10 different names and then post the same stuff over and over. So 10 people become 100 people.

Pops

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY, CyberBeast
Country flag
I think most strangers are kind enough to not insult your car in front of you. So all the positive feedback is confirmation bias.

I already have my CT and I actually think its ugly, but in a bad ass sort of way. Like a military truck. Its the same reason people get Pugs. They are so ugly they are cute.

UTECHPIA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think most strangers are kind enough to not insult your car in front of you. So all the positive feedback is confirmation bias.

I already have my CT and I actually think its ugly, but in a bad ass sort of way. Like a military truck. Its the same reason people get Pugs. They are so ugly they are cute.
Well said, @Pops ! I would say the Cybertruck looks "Military" too!
Who thinks it is cool to drive a military vehicle on the street? I think it's super cool, and hence, to me, the cybertruck is cool, and I love how unique it looks compare to everything else on the road. So technically it's "beautiful" in my eyes, I guess what they say is true "beauty is in the eye of the beholder".

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
However, online it is totally different. A get a ton of negative comments about the Cybertruck. šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Do you know what an AI web bot really is and how they are used to shape public opinion?

Yeah, that's right, they aren't even real people. They are deployed cheaply, en masse, and you can't even distinguish them from real people. The Internet is overrun with them. Sure, real humans jump on the bandwagon too, because some people just need a cause against things they can't afford, but most of them are bots.
Sponsored