John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla M3, LR AWD Cybertruck on order, 2020 Suburu Outback XT Limited
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Wonder what truck fits into the garage at all. Which was one of my concerns as well, but those damn garages are so small now days, that with mid size SUV one might find it hard to squeeze around it. Even if it does fit, it will have to be backed into it due to CB design of front wheel (great for off road, but not the lip of the flooring in garage). I share the fear that interior room will suffer though.
How many of you are happy (or not) with the new news that the CT may be shorted by ~6" and narrowed by ~1" - and that without affecting; Utility (Vault volume/length and Frunk capacity), Esthetics (Look), and as of this morning, no reduction to interior space/volume? Do you really believe these dieting reductions won't effect one or more of these key areas? Lastly, has Tesla released any interior size/volume numbers yet? If not, it makes more sense why EM today would say interior space will also be unaffected (I.e., no check on that). While I will retain my CT order, I was disappointed with the CT diet plan announced yesterday. Not really interested in a Mid-size truck, as I am a Full size one.
Sponsored

Last edited:

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
As long as the interior stays crew cab size and the bed is 6.5 ft, have at it engineers!

OCS12

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta ST, Dodge Ram 1500
Country flag
I’ll never understand why someone would order something, then pout that they want it to be something else.

Saskateam

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Jeep YJ, 2019 Jeep Cherokee, Cybertruck Tri-motor
Occupation
Operating Manager Power Lineman
Country flag
We have not seen the final version of the CT. I agree that the CT will not fit in every garage or parking spot or in everyone’s life. Trucks are big. Having said that if the CT can keep the performance and important specs like storage, comfort and bed length in a slightly smaller package it is not a bad thing.

cybervette

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
58 59 62 65 vette
Occupation
Machinist
Country flag
LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!

There are to many midsized SUV's and pickups already, It is no bigger then a Ford superduty don't pander to a bunch of people whining because they didn't spec out a garage to fit a real vehicle.
They are not going to buy it anyways.
Tesla set the bar don't back down!

Joelm

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo, Tesla M3, Cybertruck
Occupation
Self employeed
Country flag
What about losing ability for a quieter cabin?

shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt, Silverado,
Occupation
Retired scientist
Country flag
"I can't give you the path to success, but I can give you the surest path to failure: try to please everyone."

Camper Van Someren

First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Focus RS, 2015 Sienna AWD, 2002 Ranger
Country flag
LEAVE IT ALONE!!!!!

There are to many midsized SUV's and pickups already, It is no bigger then a Ford superduty don't pander to a bunch of people whining because they didn't spec out a garage to fit a real vehicle.
They are not going to buy it anyways.
Tesla set the bar don't back down!
Wow, this is getting silly.

There aren’t any EV midsize SUVs or trucks that can tow and off-road. Closest is the Rivian that costs $30K more.

“They are not going to buy it anyways.” How do you know that? Maybe it’s the people who don’t want any dimensions changed who won’t buy it.

If Elon says his engineers can cut down length without compromising anything then why not take him at his word?

There are people who would be able to garage this if it was 6” shorter. I am one of them. Even if you have a huge garage or want to leave it outside, you may some day want to squeeze into a parking space and be glad for a smaller size.

Devix

First Name
Fabrizio
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y Performance
Country flag
I think that the Cybertruck is attracting more than pure truck guys. The closed bed can be used as a normal SUV, but very different,
I’ve never thought about a truck, but I ordered a Cybertruck. I don’t really need that bed, but it’s just fine. The one at the unveil was not the production version, it needs some refinement. If Elin said that cabin and bed will be the same saving 6 inches, he knows what he is saying.

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
if the CT can keep the performance and important specs like storage, comfort and bed length in a slightly smaller package it is not a bad thing.
But wheelbase wasn't mentioned. What if your shorter truck needs a shorter wheelbase? It won't affect the towing numbers, but it won't tow as well. And it would have a harsher ride.
Sponsored