My charging curve at V4 SC (nothing new)

wheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 MYLR, 2024 CTAWD
Country flag
Tried the V4 SC at Los Gatos CA after delivery. Temperature is 60F. Version: v12.0 (2024.2.8 1935ff2ccbbe). Preconditioned the battery for ~15min on the way, but then waited in line at SC for about 10-20 min.

Nothing new in the curve. 256kw max. Almost 40 min from 7% to 80%.

Tesla Cybertruck My charging curve at V4 SC (nothing new) Capture.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Tried the V4 SC at Los Gatos CA after delivery. Temperature is 60F. Version: v12.0 (2024.2.8 1935ff2ccbbe). Preconditioned the battery for ~15min on the way, but then waited in line at SC for about 10-20 min.

Capture.PNG
Thanks for the update.

Looks like the same charge rate as a V3 which is a bummer

https://www.cybertruckownersclub.co...s-and-his-4-500-mile-cybertruck-review.13479/
Kyle with out of spec did a recent review and mentioned the battery high kwh250 time was better than when he first tried charging so I hoped they had rolled out an update for the charge curve.

You mentioned it was busy, you were not splitting a stall with another vehicle when trying this were you?

Please keep us updated as you do a couple of charges, 7-80% is the ideal road tripping or towing charge so hopefully that time gets cut in half or better, 40mins is rough, hopefully there is just a break-in period and you start to see some better charge rates.

Last edited:

Agassi

First Name
Goutham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
Looks like the 350kw output might not be enabled on the charging station. If you look at NxuOne they were successful in reaching 327kw. Fingers crossed for now and hope Tesla unlocks it very soon 🤞

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Looks like the 350kw output might not be enabled on the charging station. If you look at NxuOne they were successful in reaching 327kw. Fingers crossed for now and hope Tesla unlocks it very soon 🤞
350kw is only an option on v4 superchargers which there are only a couple out there, maybe they enable it and let us use an adapter at charge america chargers to get some decent charge rates would be nice.

Carlos Thomas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag

Capture.PNG
To my knowledge the V4 units are not completely turned on (not sure why) and on the Cybertruck side their needs to be a software update to properly receive & take advantage of the 800v architecture and increased charging speeds.

It is unclear to me why they would not fully enable a new V4 charger. BTW, exactly where in Los Gatos is this charger located? When I go to the app, there are only two charging stations. One is 72w and the other is 250w.

OP
OP

wheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 MYLR, 2024 CTAWD
Country flag
You mentioned it was busy, you were not splitting a stall with another vehicle when trying this were you?
Two tesla cars charging on both side of my stall at the beginning, then they left after a while. I'm not sure if the curve affected by splitting.

OP
OP

wheeler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 MYLR, 2024 CTAWD
Country flag
BTW, exactly where in Los Gatos is this charger located? When I go to the app, there are only two charging stations. One is 72w and the other is 250w.
Los Gatos, CA - Los Gatos Boulevard​
Cornerstone of Los Gatos​
16000 Los Gatos Blvd​
Los Gatos , CA 95032​
8 Superchargers up to 250kW, Available 24/7​

Listed as 250kW.

Tesla Cybertruck My charging curve at V4 SC (nothing new) 20240316_214423

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Two tesla cars charging on both side of my stall at the beginning, then they left after a while. I'm not sure if the curve affected by splitting.
Gotcha, looking at your curve (very much appreciated) it does not look like there was any impact by other vehicles.
Looking forward to more of your charge curve reports if you are generous enough to share them.

GhostAndSkater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Country flag
There is no V4 chargers in the wild yet, if you read the labels on the charging cabinets, it's listed as 250 kW, it's just a new dispenser design for now

How Tesla will upgrade them, who knows, if it involves a new cabinet or just replacing some guts

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
There is no V4 chargers in the wild yet, if you read the labels on the charging cabinets, it's listed as 250 kW, it's just a new dispenser design for now

How Tesla will upgrade them, who knows, if it involves a new cabinet or just replacing some guts
Yea this is why the need for the curve to be optimized is such a big deal, the V4 hardware that is out there is not online and there are basically 4 SC candidates so essentially none compared to the V3 infrastructure which is really good. V4s won't save the CT charging, it will be software or battery tech that allows the V3 chargers to get a decent curve that we need.
Sponsored