Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
The whole ESCAR angle is weird. I think Tesla contracted with them to fabricate the Cybertruck bodies to use as their gold masters (or whatever the manufacturing equivalent is.
Wait I've figured out the ESCAR mystery.. Tesla used ESCAR to fabricate a structure AROUND the Cybertruck. Not the actual body itself. They fabbed the transportation "box" if you will.

OP
OP
samroy92

samroy92

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Website
samroy.io
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, CT Tri/Quad FSD
Occupation
Head of Technology (SW, DevOps, IT, Security)
Country flag
See the "lines" seeming to be truss support for this being crated somehow. All "truss" lining up with pallet.
Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 3.40.37 PM.jpg
This truss structure, probably fabbed out of steel, the structure to transport the body of the Cybertruck: was done by ECSAR. ECSAR has nothing to do with the actual Cybertruck. My 2c.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
This truss structure, probably fabbed out of steel, the structure to transport the body of the Cybertruck: was done by ECSAR. ECSAR has nothing to do with the actual Cybertruck. My 2c.
That's a fresh perspective! :)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Wait I've figured out the ESCAR mystery.. Tesla used ESCAR to fabricate a structure AROUND the Cybertruck. Not the actual body itself. They fabbed the transportation "box" if you will.
It could be just the shipping material, but I suspect they just fabricated the truck for Tesla. Until Tesla gets their own origami folding setup completed, they have to rely on someone to fabricate these.

Even if Tesla has their assembly line working partly, they need a known good component to compare it to and to test fit any other assembly line components against.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It cracks me up how Tesla “Leaks” this sort of thing. Everything about the truck has been shrouded in secrecy with fairly tight security. Photos from inside the GigaTexas are uncommon. Now suddenly we’re getting photos of “Secret” stuff from on the factory floor.

”Accidental Leak” my ass.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
That would be too slow.

Some of us in the muscle car years (1965-1975) used to talk about cylinder cubic inches, quad barrel carburetors, headers, tuned exhaust, dual tail pipes, etc.

In future it will be Cybertruck Ludicrous/Cheetah/Plaid launch mode drag strip times or how many water skiers their Cybertruck with dual outboards electric 200kW pulled that afternoon.
It could be just the shipping material, but I suspect they just fabricated the truck for Tesla. Until Tesla gets their own origami folding setup completed, they have to rely on someone to fabricate these.

Even if Tesla has their assembly line working partly, they need a known good component to compare it to and to test fit any other assembly line components against.
Yep

Perhaps Escar has used the same machinery as will be installed in Texas to cut and fold SS. And has created 2 CT bodies for calibration.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Why does it say made in China on the white wrap to the right if the Escar logo??

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Why does it say made in China on the white wrap to the right if the Escar logo??
That's not Chinese. It's Cebuano spoken in Philippines. It's says Vi Niana, translated means "that's it". It means the package was checked. Below that there are 2 arrows. The word is too smudged to see.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
I was just "trying" to be funny... and couldn't make out anything at all. There are symbols under the hand writing.

But seeing that it is written on there, maybe it was made in Philippines and shipped from there?
Maybe that's how they keep a lid on development?

I'm also wondering if they are moving it through the CT or the MY assembly line. I see robots.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Actually it looks like the arrows point to a seam on the wrap. Looks like an access in the wrap...

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
Escar website says fabrication in mexico.... anyone dig up if they also fabricate in Philippines?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag