Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevrolet Volt, 202X Cybertruck Plaid+ (x2)
Country flag
These photos were posted just last week but I'm assuming it's from the same day that CT was last spotted at Giga Austin. I don't know who she is though.

Edit: In context of this thread, she's supposedly 5'3". :D
Also, I think this is the first time we're seeing the lower light bar turned on in this version of CT.

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck Height Perspective Image  ? ?✂️⬇️ 1648402694256

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck Height Perspective Image  ? ?✂️⬇️ 1648402736029
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
These photos were posted just last week but I'm assuming it's from the same day that CT was last spotted at Giga Austin. I don't know who she is though.

Edit: In context of this thread, she's supposedly 5'3". :D
Also, I think this is the first time we're seeing the lower light bar turned on in this version of CT.

1648402694256.png

1648402736029.png
See may be 5’3” tall but those are 4” KISS boots she’s wearing.

One of the things which is up in the air on these shots is what the suspension is set to. Is this the lowest/ parked setting or the normal drive setting? I don’t care about the truck size debate, just want to get a better idea of what to expect in terms of what it looks like in various suspension settings.

I’m guessing it’s at the normal drive height and can go lower. That looks like about 10-12” of clearance.

Last edited:

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Enough clout to dress like a rock star and get hands on with a CT...

...Still takes promo pictures with a potato.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
See may be 5’3” tall but those are 4” KISS boots she’s wearing.

One of the things which is up in the air on these shots is what the suspension is set to. Is this the lowest/ parked setting or the normal drive setting? I don’t care about the truck size debate, just want to get a better idea of what to expect in terms of what it looks like in various suspension settings.

I’m guessing it’s at the normal drive height and can go lower. That looks like about 10-12” of clearance.
Original spec was up to 16” of clearance with 8” of total travel from bottom to top. So it seems to be about right with a low aerodynamic mode 2” lower. Load mode looked like the rear tires were about to touch the fenders when the ATV rolled into the bed.

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Follow-up responses from Liv Boeree who recently posted photos with CT from Austin (see above):

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck Height Perspective Image  ? ?✂️⬇️ 1648689651509

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Potato filter is often as required for the person not for the background (CT).

How long will it be you think before a CT in the background doesn't steal your attention from the supposed picture subject?

Albern

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
She’s not used to American Full sized trucks.

also, perhaps feels larger because it isn’t entirely trucklike.
Quite right, but seeing as we're all wanting more info anything is better than nothing for now. I too was hoping she'd elaborate further. Like a 10-page paper. :D

Describing CT as being "nimble" is interesting. She might have been speaking about the current suspension feel or steering capabilities (maybe sans rear-steering). Assuming she's not a truck expert / user, it can still be taken as a positive confirmation of Tesla's progress.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag

Potato filter is often as required for the person not for the background (CT).

How long will it be you think before a CT in the background doesn't steal your attention from the supposed picture subject?
LOL. I had no idea who she was. Just guessed the latest Instagram model.

But I just looked her up. I've actually heard her interviewed a few times. She is interesting and has a good story. Makes some sense that she got up close with the CT. I do wish she would give us more info though.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
LOL. I had no idea who she was. Just guessed the latest Instagram model.

But I just looked her up. I've actually heard her interviewed a few times. She is interesting and has a good story. Makes some sense that she got up close with the CT. I do wish she would give us more info though.
She did say it was very very very big and nimble.

Also that it was like coming home to a lost lover…

She’s clearly more of a poet than an engineer.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Proportionally she would struggle to change that huge tyre though. Maybe thats why the full size spare will optional, because it so large most people won't be able to get it out and put it on anyway?

If this thing is rear underbed mounted, it really needs the air suspension to dropdown on the floor to deposit the tyre on the ground, pop up again roll forwards a bit to clear the tyre so you can tilt it up and roll it in to replace the broken one. The reverse to pickup the broken one. Any type of lifting or wrangling the spare out of the bed, let alone getting it off and it rolling down the road instead, seems like a bit of a health and safety issue.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
If this thing is rear underbed mounted, it really needs the air suspension to dropdown on the floor to deposit the tyre on the ground, pop up again roll forwards a bit to clear the tyre so you can tilt it up and roll it in to replace the broken one. The reverse to pickup the broken one.
OUCH!!! I can't unsee the picture you just drew!!!

All I can imagine now is a dog taking a poop on the grass, walking in a circle then sitting back down on the poop and "sucking" it back in.

I will never be innocent again.

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
OUCH!!! I can't unsee the picture you just drew!!!

All I can imagine now is a dog taking a poop on the grass, walking in a circle then sitting back down on the poop and "sucking" it back in.

I will never be innocent again.
Well the idea is a derivative of the underslung storage idea for long items, that also hunkers down to pickup a load. So you know, it comes with the territory. ;)
Sponsored