Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I really don't like this seat rail bracket. It was like that from the unveiling event and looks like Tesla will not work on it. It looks like 15 years old boy made it in his garage, wielded some metal square pipes together and painted using paintcan

8DA18F86-E288-41CF-8EB7-E46EECCE6AAE.jpeg
Agreed. That whole chair mounting looks poop. The plastic base to the chair also looks poop. It just doesn't seem like finished seat mount or seat which is strange cause I'd assume they would just use an existing seat and seat mount from any other model at least for a testing vehicle prior to making a production version if needed separate from other models.

And you can see some wear to the seat fabric at the seam where the plastic trim base meets the seat fabric right above your outline. If it's worn after a year or two of testing, what's it going to look like after years of regular daily usage from customers?!

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Box was my concern also. Presumably needed for HVAC routing to the rear of the truck. Might be smaller in final. Hopefully cleaner looking in final. I could deal with middle person getting crap leg room since we don’t do middle riders often. But that looks misplaced.

Hopefully @Crissa is right and it’s temporary, but I suspect there will be something there for the vents. Maybe just a bit smaller.
My guess would be that’s a data collection system. When I worked for Boeing flight test we had all sizes of data systems. Under the center of the dash is probably a good place to tie into the cars various signals.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
I really don't like this seat rail bracket. It was like that from the unveiling event and looks like Tesla will not work on it. It looks like 15 years old boy made it in his garage, wielded some metal square pipes together and painted using paintcan

While they're designing the machines that make the machines... They have to make the basic parts by hand. Is this how seat brackets look in any other Tesla?

-Crissa

Alan

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 S90D ,2014Tacoma, Cyberbeast ordered 2/13/24
Occupation
Retired
Country flag

These are test vehicles. When testing airplanes we installed ratty flight test seats. Interior stuff was tested in ground moc-ups. I doubt we will see a final looking vehicle for a while.

No-mo-ice

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor
Occupation
Aerospace Engineering
Country flag
I’m sure I’ll ruffle some feathers here, but one would think they would have that all worked out by now.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I’m sure I’ll ruffle some feathers here, but one would think they would have that all worked out by now.
I doubt Tesla will finalize the design until production starts. Then they will iterate on that design as they are producing the truck. Teslas get updated frequently. In the 7 - ?? months between now and when the truck finally enters production, it’s likely all Teslas will have at least one minor change and possibly a significant change coming online.

FSD Hardware 4 was supposed to be introduced with the Cybertruck, but there is a strong chance since CT launch was delayed it will launch on a different vehicle. It’s also possible some of these tweaks are to accommodate HW4 or some other change.

If they update legislation on rear view mirrors, that will also get tweaked.

greggertruck

First Name
g
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Vehicles
Dual-CT
Occupation
I post Cybertruck stuff on the Internet and people like it.
Country flag
I think they do. I think they send out the same dull unit that keeps everyone on their toes.

They're not going to unveil a final designed truck at a power sub station or whatever this was. Megapack. Whatevs. We know what the body looks like, seen this interior before.... They're doing some testing or what not on this one clearly, but they're probably not including cup holders in it ... BECAUSE YOU SHOULD NOT HAVE A CUP ANYWHERE NEAR IT WITH WIRES HANGING OUT. cmon now ;)

Dusty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Model Y Performance
Occupation
Creator
Country flag
Just as a reminder, this is what other manufacturer prototypes look like when you see them driving around...

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck interior / dash photos - June 6, 2022 2023-gmc-canyon-at4-spy-photo-side-view

You aren't sure which model, let alone which version, this truck it is. I'm just glad we get to see so much as it unfolds.

Last edited:

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
Why do you say "by now"? They are still working on major functional features and you think they should maybe refocus on seat mounts?