Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
đź‘Ť. I can live with them experimenting to improve the vehicle.
Sponsored

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
Cybertruck wasn’t even announced 3 years ago.

I get a little tired of the comments that CT is “years” behind schedule when it’s not even a single year behind schedule.
well technically Elon said it would be released in 2020. a year after unveil in 2019. he said this in unveiling day. but obvi Tesla didn't have a factory yet for it. then he said in 2021 then he said 2022 and then 2023. so yes. it is behind Elons time frame that he has changed multiple times. I honestly am glad they are taking a while so they can boost this thing up with features as I hope this will be the last car I buy. but pleaseeee I really hope they start production and delivered in 2023.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
well technically Elon said it would be released in 2020. a year after unveil in 2019. he said this in unveiling day. but obvi Tesla didn't have a factory yet for it. then he said in 2021 then he said 2022 and then 2023. so yes. it is behind Elons time frame that he has changed multiple times. I honestly am glad they are taking a while so they can boost this thing up with features as I hope this will be the last car I buy. but pleaseeee I really hope they start production and delivered in 2023.
When and where did he say 2020?

-Crissa

TAP1A

First Name
carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck tri motor, tesla 3 performance
Occupation
Digital Operations Engineer
Country flag
When and where did he say 2020?

-Crissa
might not have been 2020, might have said 2021, then moved it back 2 more times. watch the unveiling event

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
might not have been 2020, might have said 2021, then moved it back 2 more times. watch the unveiling event
The unveiling event was “Late 2021”.

Which is where my above comment came into play. 2020 was never an announced date.

Thus my frustration with comments about the truck being “years behind”. It’ll likely be 12-18 months late.

Dids

First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 Tacoma, 23 Cybertruck
Occupation
Self
Country flag
The unveiling event was “Late 2021”.

Which is where my above comment came into play. 2020 was never an announced date.

Thus my frustration with comments about the truck being “years behind”. It’ll likely be 12-18 months late.
You wanna know what frustrates me? No? Gonna tell you anyway. I want my Cybertruck. I want it now and I don't care if it was delayed 10 times as long as I get mine now.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
You wanna know what frustrates me? No? Gonna tell you anyway. I want my Cybertruck. I want it now and I don't care if it was delayed 10 times as long as I get mine now.
Let me order you one real quick. Hope you have fun driving it around. Make sure you record lots of video for all of us who have questions. We'll want to know all sorts of stuff so that we can fully anticipate our own CT ownership.

Tesla Cybertruck New Cybertruck interior / dash photos - June 6, 2022 1655864064486

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Slowing down/stopping is ok for most instances. But I'd rather hit a squirrel/snake/raccoon than veer and lose control or cause an accident.

Mouse, chipmunk, squirrel, snake, small bird = Light braking, maintain heading.
Raccoon, skunk, porcupine, dog, deer, bear, moose = HARD braking maintain heading as much as possible.
Other wildlife to consider include flying animals like geese and ducks. I've hit both of them in the past as they suddenly fly across the road at windshield height.

For wildlife, FSD will hopefully recognize the animal and apply a predictive algorithm to know best how to avoid a collision. I wonder if we will ever get to let FSD know what kind of ethics we would like to apply... Save cute animals or animals that tend to be pets vs. don't worry so much about "ugly" or "scary" animals like snakes, armadillos, or turtles. Yeah, I've almost hit a large turtle once at night. That one was scary. But even worse would have been an alligator I suppose.

I hope that it will also avoid things like large potholes, tire fragments, ladders (I've been seeing a lot of aluminum ladders on the road recently for some reason), downed trees, downed power lines, water over the roadway, and anything that is potentially a hazard but basically unrecognizable.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Don't hit turtles! They're so cute. o-o

-Crissa
I missed him. But not because of anything I did. It was night and I didn't see the turtle till 1/2 second before I passed it up. Luckily for me, it was just to the left of my driver-side wheels. Just as I saw him, he took a step closer and put a scare in me. Hopefully he made it across the interstate that night.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Whack a Duck or Whack a Turtle.

The next trolley dilemma