Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
They write in the description for it “EVERY DETAIL, CURVE AND SURFACE IS REPLICATED FROM THE SAME 3D CAD DATA USED TO MANUFACTURE ACTUAL CYBERTRUCK VEHICLES.”

Yet it has a yoke steering wheel that’s not the production model wheel, the OG truck bed where the right and left sides were angled 45 degrees as well as one continuous rear light bar on the tailgate, stainless steel lined bed, it has no side mirrors and other things that make it closer to the OG truck and not the production model.

It’s like they cheaped out, used existing molds from China which have been making these models for years now, updated small things like not having door handle indents on the doors and sold it for $225.

I expect more/better from a Tesla sold die cast model especially for $225.

lowtek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Plaid
Occupation
I do things.
Country flag
@Paradox love your avatar ... best series ever!

SlegMD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lexus
Occupation
Physical therapy
Country flag
They write in the description for it “EVERY DETAIL, CURVE AND SURFACE IS REPLICATED FROM THE SAME 3D CAD DATA USED TO MANUFACTURE ACTUAL CYBERTRUCK VEHICLES.”

Yet it has a yoke steering wheel that’s not the production model wheel, the OG truck bed where the right and left sides were angled 45 degrees as well as one continuous rear light bar on the tailgate, stainless steel lined bed, it has no side mirrors and other things that make it closer to the OG truck and not the production model.

It’s like they cheaped out, used existing molds from China which have been making these models for years now, updated small things like not having door handle indents on the doors and sold it for $225.

While Tesla missed their 2019 features goals, for and shockingly60% increase in price, THIS LACK OF AUTHENTICITY MUST NOT BE TOLERATED! RISE UP EVERYONE!

Ahem*, I am done.

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
Well.....

If you paid 20% down and financed it over 7 years at Tesla's best interest rate for lowest risk borrowers, you could probably afford the 27 cents monthly payment, which might be difficult if it was the more accurate 1:1 scale model you can find in the showrooms...

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
While Tesla missed their 2019 features goals, for and shockingly60% increase in price, THIS LACK OF AUTHENTICITY MUST NOT BE TOLERATED! RISE UP EVERYONE!

Ahem*, I am done.
Yeah, but I sure do love that beautiful Stainless Steel bed, too bad the real truck isn't as nice. :ROFLMAO:

wtibbit

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes sedan, Corvette coupe, Yukon XL
Occupation
Retired Engineering Program Director
Country flag
No, the plastic truck bed bolts directly to the rear Gigacast
Solid plastic? If so, I wonder how that will hold up under the abrasion, heavy loads, puncturing impacts, UV and other damaging effects over its lifetime? How about replacement of the bed, possible? A DIY job?

ÆCIII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
It appears to be the outdated original prototype, without the oval steering wheel and without the lined vault. Almost fell for it.

If it's $225 dollars for a foot long replica, then it needs to be totally accurate and up to date.

- ÆCIII

EMoeller

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsches (992 Turbo S, 993 Turbo, 993 Targa) Prius
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
It appears to be the outdated original prototype, without the oval steering wheel and without the lined vault. Almost fell for it.

If it's $225 dollars for a foot long replica, then it needs to be totally accurate and up to date.

- ÆCIII
True, this is the 2019 demo model, but I suspect that Tesla will discontinue this in favor of the final production model just released in the near future (perhaps as soon as these sell out). In which case this might become a collectors item...

Eye of Elon

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Yaris
Occupation
Driver
Country flag
Everyone who's had a reservation since 2019 should get one of these, free. Whether we cancel or not. Wouldn't hurt the bottom line and the gesture would ease Elon's guilty conscience.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag

You shouldn’t.

This is a $225 cash grab. Even for Tesla this is shameless! 🤣
Sponsored