DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Everyone who's had a reservation since 2019 should get one of these, free. Whether we cancel or not. Wouldn't hurt the bottom line and the gesture would ease Elon's guilty conscience.
Does Musk have a conscience??? 🤣

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Solid plastic? If so, I wonder how that will hold up under the abrasion, heavy loads, puncturing impacts, UV and other damaging effects over its lifetime? How about replacement of the bed, possible? A DIY job?
I think it's fiber reinforced plastic and my best guess is it will hold up fine, even with a lot of abrasion. Of course, every material has its limits, but I think the bed liner would be the last of most people's concerns. A steel bed dents and rusts, especially when it holds water. The fiber reinforced plastic should be a piece of cake to replace if there is high abrasion on a daily basis compared to a traditional steel or a more modern aluminum bed.

A-AY-RON

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'69 CAMARO, '08 HUMMER H3 ALPHA, '15 VIPER
Occupation
SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Country flag
Has anyone been able to buy one? I keep getting an error when I checkout
I've been having issues completing checkouts through desktop. Once I switch to mobile, it seems to work fine.

EMoeller

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsches (992 Turbo S, 993 Turbo, 993 Targa) Prius
Occupation
Geologist
Country flag
Has anyone been able to buy one? I keep getting an error when I checkout
YES! Mine just arrived and it is NOT the original one that had sold out, rather this is an actual scale model of the latest production model. Die cast metal/stainless, with correct interior, opening doors and tailgate (tonneau cover slides out but does not roll up).

Yes a bit pricy, but really cool.

Tesla Cybertruck New Diecast Cybertruck in Tesla Shop Cybertruck Model 120623

Paradox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Escalade ESV Platinum, CT TriMotor FSD
Country flag
YES! Mine just arrived and it is NOT the original one that had sold out, rather this is an actual scale model of the latest production model.
The tailgate is the OG tailgate, not production. Look at the 45 degree corners.

It has no BAW like the production model. It has no side view mirrors like the production model. It does not have the production steering wheel.

Looks to me it is what was shown in the listing which differs from the latest production model.

Editing to add, looking at your photo again, it even has the light bar on the inside top of the windshield, like the OG truck. This model is nowhere near a model of the latest production model.
Sponsored

Last edited: