azjohn

First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Tundra
Country flag
Not sure what Nikola is bringing to the table. GM will be using their battery and skateboard design, The truck body design? The info tech?

I did hear that the executives at Nikola have big bonuses that will be due in 2023 and all they have to collect on them is to still be employed by Nikola, I wonder how that will play out
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
To be Honest. Nikola is at least an American company. So in reality i hope they succeed. Getting more EV's and emissions free vehicles on the road is what its all about, and if this truck appeals to people the cyber truck doesn't then i can stand behind that.
I laugh because generally speaking companies actually produce something most of the time. From what I've heard, both Nikola and Rivian have yet to sell any finished products.

Ehninger1212

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A3 E-Tron - 2005 Land Rover LR3 - T-Bucket - 1951 chevy 3100
Occupation
Architect/Fabricator
Country flag
I laugh because generally speaking companies actually produce something most of the time. From what I've heard, both Nikola and Rivian have yet to sell any finished products.
Very true, but i remember when Tesla was also at this same stage.

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Mary Barra is no dummy - this is a marketing buy and GM has already discussed spinning off their EV business as it's own unit.
Thoughts on the next 12 months?

1. Nikola executive team will be bounced out
  2. The Badger will be cancelled
  3. The Arizona production facility will be cancelled
  4. GM will announce they have acquired the entirety of Nikola in a fraction of the IPO valuation
GM will focus on Rivian as a viable product, but this gives them an outside investment apart from Ford whom I believe has a fraction of interest in Rivian as well.
GM doesn't have any investment in Rivian of which I am aware. They wanted to, but the talks broke down. GM wanted too much from them.

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
I find it interesting that GMs ownership is 11%, Trevors is 40%, and together they have controlling interest. But I wonder what would happened it they forced an investigation into claims made by Trevor and found him to be fraudulent and forced him to give up his shares. Who would get his shares?

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
“As part of a multi-part, multibillion-dollar deal, GM received an 11% stake in Nikola, valued at about $2 billion. In return for the Nikola shares, GM will supply Nikola with batteries, a chassis architecture, fuel cell systems and a factory to build the startup’s proposed Nikola Badger pickup. GM will also supply fuel cell technology for Nikola’s planned Class 7 and 8 commercial tractor-trailers.“

Cyberman

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150,F550, Escape
Occupation
Cybercontractor
Country flag
Well, they do have a drawing of a truck...

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Well they don't have products to sell. Rivian is on the right track it seems, although they do list L3 driving on their main page without saying that it might not be available at first. For deliveries scheduled for next year and no consumer vehicles to test it on, L3 is not something I would expect.

Nikola on the other hand has a lot of issues and a lot of products they want to sell. They have their Truck, multiple Semi's, off road vehicles, and even a jet ski on their website. With their new deal with GM, I wonder if they plan to make all of that.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
Last edited:

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag

CyberMoose

First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Wow, that's quite a history lesson. What is they say about learning from history and repeating it? :unsure:
Yeah I didn't have all the information but I've done a lot of reading about Nikola, their claims, and I've never once found something that held up. I'm excited to see what they have prepared for Nikola World, i'm hoping they are finally held accountable.

TI4Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 2500 Cummins, GMC 1500, LandRover Discovery 1, Suzuki GT750, Electra Glide Ultra Classic Limited, Electra Glide Sport, RX3 Cyclone
Occupation
Retired, added 5 days to my weekend
Country flag
GM made a great deal for itself, I am not convinced this badger truck from Nikola will have sales to sustain the model. 60k for a BEV that has a 300 mile range, when a CT dual motor is 49.9k for the same range. I like the premise of the company, clean energy weather its BEV or hydrogen hybrid.

CappyJax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Subaru Forester
Occupation
Pilot
Country flag
Yeah I didn't have all the information but I've done a lot of reading about Nikola, their claims, and I've never once found something that held up. I'm excited to see what they have prepared for Nikola World, i'm hoping they are finally held accountable.
I was talking to Trevor about working for him, but too many things he said didn't make any sense, so I just bowed out.

You know how Steve jobs said "It doesn't make sense to hire smart people and tell them what to do; we hire smart people so they can tell us what to do"?

Well, Trevor is so full of himself that he already thinks his level of knowledge, despite being a complete noob, is comparable to someone with 30 years of experience.

The whole time I was talking with him, I kept wondering how this dude could be a billionaire with his inability to educate himself on any topic, even when presented with a crap ton of evidence. Well, now I know.
Sponsored