Notification Regarding CyberTruck Delivery Timeline - How Far in Advance?

Bonnie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500 , 2 Mustang GT’s, Saturn Sky, Ducati
Occupation
Retired Educator
Country flag
I wonder how far in advance folks in the Cybertruck wait list will be notified by Tesla, regarding a delivery date for their CT?
Sponsored

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
There is a spreadsheet that will give you your approximately delivery based on your reference number (google it). I ordered on the first day online and my corrected number (based on configuration) for getting a CT is around 34 k. Previously the spreadsheet had me getting a CT September 2023, but this has recently changed to May 2024- just under a year from production start.

Although this sucks, it kinda makes sense. I also ordered my model 3 on the first day online and I got the 28 k model 3 made. The model 3 first started production in July of 2017 and I received mine on June 8 of 2018- just under a year from production start. I received an email asking me to configure it (only choice was the colour) around May 24 (I was in hospital getting a knee replacement lol).

Cybertruck Hawaii

Banned
Banned
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sienna
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Tesla basher Scotty Kilmer will become a Tesla lover after he gets to drive the Cybertruck. He’ll be a believer!

jd1

First Name
JD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck ordered
Country flag
There is a spreadsheet that will give you your approximately delivery based on your reference number (google it). I ordered on the first day online and my corrected number (based on configuration) for getting a CT is around 34 k. Previously the spreadsheet had me getting a CT September 2023, but this has recently changed to May 2024- just under a year from production start.

Although this sucks, it kinda makes sense. I also ordered my model 3 on the first day online and I got the 28 k model 3 made. The model 3 first started production in July of 2017 and I received mine on June 8 of 2018- just under a year from production start. I received an email asking me to configure it (only choice was the colour) around May 24 (I was in hospital getting a knee replacement lol).
I've seen in multiple places the expected date seen in that google doc you speak of is not accurate. I hope it is, I'm sitting at #1962 with a March 2024 date.

If rumors are true and they do a Quad version first, that will push the tri's back. Some will upgrade to quad, not me though.. tri is prob going to be crazy money as is.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The first batch of ~15k or so orders will likely have about a month between notification and delivery. After that they will release people into the config queue in batches a few months before delivery.

If you aren’t ready when you get tapped, you can hold off for a while.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The first batch of ~15k or so orders will likely have about a month between notification and delivery. After that they will release people into the config queue in batches a few months before delivery.

If you aren’t ready when you get tapped, you can hold off for a while.
It's the people in that first few thousand - mostly employees - that'll get the short notice.

-Crissa
Sponsored