Now need Cybertruck soon... phone # to call for deliver updates?

OP
OP

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
It will be totalled for sure, the repair cost is more than $12k.
Strangely State Farm estimated damage at a little over 6k; ridiculous I think, but it’ll be a battle between collision shop and insurance company now.
Sponsored

Sshaida

First Name
Sunil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla cybertruck
Country flag
Going through that battle right now as well lol. I have claim with State Farm right now and they are 5k short. I had to get the shop to submit a supplement to request the difference

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
There are always iterations once they remove the trunklid and bumper cover. Shop finds additional damage, send pics or requests an adjuster to review, supplement gets approved, more parts get ordered, etc. This is one reason why it takes a couple of months to get repairs done - I've never seen that first insurance estimate be close to actual repair costs for any other than a bumper tap or dented single panel.

OP
OP

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
There are always iterations once they remove the trunklid and bumper cover. Shop finds additional damage, send pics or requests an adjuster to review, supplement gets approved, more parts get ordered, etc. This is one reason why it takes a couple of months to get repairs done - I've never seen that first insurance estimate be close to actual repair costs for any other than a bumper tap or dented single panel.
It’s just painful to go through and an enormous waste of time, especially in a state where Tesla isn’t allowed tk make body repairs. The Mercedes shop wouldn’t do a complete estimate until I gave them the car, so had to write a check to get them to order
The parts. I wasn’t going to hand it over before parts arrive. Did that before and they let battery run dead.
Hoping, as we all are, that I’ll get the email saying my Cybertruck VIN has been assigned.

carsly

First Name
Vin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
LR Defender, Tesla Model S
Country flag
Hang in there, that's why rental cars exist.

Well, that and business/vacation travel!

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Strangely State Farm estimated damage at a little over 6k; ridiculous I think, but it’ll be a battle between collision shop and insurance company now.
That is tough, have heard a couple people complain about state farm rates recently for repairs.

sharpgator

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan, M3
Country flag
I'm wondering what your options might be to hang onto the S and turn it in when the truck comes if it's realistically drivable.

As far as contacting Tesla, try texting them. If you've ever gotten a text from them, just reply to it and start a new topic.

OP
OP

Nolacyber

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Occupation
Exec
Country flag
Why can’t he rent a car? It’s unfortunate about the accident. But life throws challenges at us. Me and several other people prob have inconveniences to deal with buying this truck. You don’t see me whining about it in here asking to skip everyone in line.
Happy to close out this thread and report that my whining obviously worked because I’m taking delivery on Tuesday. Pretty sure I jumped ahead in line and took CyBeast’s order, lol.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
Happy to close out this thread and report that my whining obviously worked because I’m taking delivery on Tuesday. Pretty sure I jumped ahead in line and took CyBeast’s order, lol.
Woa congrats! 2 months later so hope you got around alight, don't mind people that had a tough break jumpin the line, congrats!

CYBEAST

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyber Beast
Occupation
Real Estate
Country flag
Good to hear you are taking one of the low vin beasts we see in the videos sitting behind the shed with problems and missing parts. 😂
Sponsored