Maqsud
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Engineer
Country flag
I saw in some places where FSD was mentioned as an included item. Does anyone know if that is the case? If so, trimotor +fsd~90k already from original offer.
Sponsored

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
So youā€™re saying Tesla lied to people for the initial reveal?
I do believe the reveal prices were priced to shock and awe. Those prices is what he hoped they would be. Heā€™s kind of a dictator in that way towards his team of engineers. He sets a goal then tells his minions to make it happen. Itā€™s just this time he tried to add too many cool features to make it affordable.

Setok

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Land Rover Defender
Country flag
I do believe the reveal prices were priced to shock and awe. Those prices is what he hoped they would be. Heā€™s kind of a dictator in that way towards his team of engineers. He sets a goal then tells his minions to make it happen. Itā€™s just this time he tried to add too many cool features to make it affordable.
Well, incompetence is a bit better than outright lying, I guess :)

Tbh the prices were a big part of the appeal, as they spoke of mass market targets. Certainly the manufacturing model and interior all speak 'volume'. The prices don't, though, so it's all a bit confusing and the delivery event was frankly quite embarrassing.

intimidator

First Name
TJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lariat Lightning
Country flag
I am good with the price of the Dual Motor.

I expected there to be a model at the $79,000 threshold, so it is not a surprise.

And I expected there to be a $100,000 variant, because demand is so incredibly high.

What I didn't anticipate was a 250 mile version. I thought the marketplace (buyers) have made it clear they want at least 300 miles of range for their EVs (Tesla or not).

Lastly, I knew they would never get to a 500 mile range because the 4680 batteries over the last 2 years have been a struggle. Still, I am a bit disappointed with 340 miles as the maximum range (without a $16,000 option taking up my bed). Closer to 400 miles or upper 300's would have been more appealing. I have an EV with 320 miles of range now, which is fine most all the time, but not ideal when I take trips.

M Solo

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4, Sequoia, T-Bird, Virago
Occupation
Pilot, Retired
Country flag
DELIVERY IN 2024

What do you think that means?

starting delivery 2024 Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4?

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
DELIVERY IN 2024

What do you think that means?

starting delivery 2024 Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4?
whenever they exhaust the tri motor variants- probably Q2 or Q3

Cyber Dave 2

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Kia Stinger, Road King Classic
Occupation
Retired Fireman
Country flag
No mention of when/if a higher range model or option may become available. Iā€™m hanging on to my reservation but I personally can not take delivery with the range numbers I see today. Iā€™m a good way into the list so hopefully things change by the time my number comes up.

Well, there is mention of a range extender, 440-470 miles. Hopefully they talk more about this soon, many here would like to know more I am sure.
I agree, my entire reason for paying more for the tri motor was the range. Iā€™m willing to pay for the range. If the range is not there, than Iā€™m really going to have to think about my options.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
I agree, my entire reason for paying more for the tri motor was the range. Iā€™m willing to pay for the range. If the range is not there, than Iā€™m really going to have to think about my options.
If range is all you want, buy the duel and the range extender which combined will be less than the tri.

davelloydbrown

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, silverado
Occupation
veterinarian - retired
Country flag
Donā€™t get me wrong, I want the extras, the original range sold the deal. What happened to the 4680 batteries hype?
They're already on the 2nd generation of the 4680, but so far I don't they panned out as expected. Wait a couple of years and things might be different.

msdg137

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Wrangler Ecodiesel
Occupation
You make it I break it
Country flag
So... who's going to be the first to hack together the DIY expansion battery?

ED_SFO

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
They're already on the 2nd generation of the 4680, but so far I don't they panned out as expected. Wait a couple of years and things might be different.
I know that they have other plans for the Cybertruck...other battery options eventually and also updates to make it cheaper. To not further delay the truck this is what we get. Once they start refining their own lithium, their batteries will drop significantly as will the prices of their batteries. They will be able to sell the lithium to all the new battery suppliers which would basically make their lithium needs cost zero.

TalSet

First Name
Rudi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR from Germany
Occupation
Self Employee / PV Cleaning
Country flag
In my opinion, a trailer equipped with a small electric motor and a flat battery would be much better than the battery expansion pack. That seems like a significantly better idea. Well, that's what I am thinking about all the time. I belong to the 0.1% who drive many kilometers with a 1.4-ton heavy trailer throughout Austria. Currently, I am doing that with my Model Y LR.
Sponsored