Out the Window: More Superchargers locations & V4 for overlanding with Cybertruck - Tesla's Biggest Fumble

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
More Superchargers locations & V4 for overlanding & towing with Cybertruck are out the window - Tesla's Biggest Fumble

Cybertruck

No AutoPilot
No FSD

Now this

Elon Fires Team that grew Superchargers locations & charge ports by several times and got major EV competitors to adopt NACS (SAE J3400). Fewer new Superchargers locations.

Cybertruck need more new locations than any other existing Tesla vehicle.
Towing & overlanding

The Cybertruck not having a 500 mi battery was supposedly excused because of the coming pull/through-in charger locations and V4 Superchargers.

Cybertruck could turn into Tesla's Edsel.

------------------------------------

Tesla's Biggest Fumble...
May 1, 2024
Tailosive EV

--------

Sponsored

Last edited:

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
More Superchargers locations & V4 for overlanding & towing with Cybertruck are out the window - Tesla's Biggest Fumble

Cybertruck

No AutoPilot
No FSD

Now this

Elon Fires Team that grew Superchargers locations & charge ports by several times and got major EV competitors to adopt NACS (SAE J3400). Fewer new Superchargers locations.

Towing & overlanding

The Cybertruck not having a 500 mi battery was supposedly excused because of the coming pull/through-in charger locations and V4 Superchargers.

May 1, 2024
Tailosive EV

--------

He is probably gonna scrap the Cybertruck.. I can’t believe they didn’t think of any of this. No more superchargers, CT will be a hunk of metal (unusable), EVs are dead.. time to buy a gas car. Thanks! I need that shove to go buy a F150 platinum

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Oh boy, two more predictions of Tesla's demise.

Elon doesn't always do what ordinary people think he should do, or what they personally want, but its usually what's necessary to further the mission in the most efficient manner. That's why Tesla is still the biggest driving force moving us away from gas and oil.

And if you look why most other EV and fast charging efforts are failing, it's because they are not efficient. That's what the gas and oil indistry wants to see, an EV industry that's more inefficient than they are.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag

Cybertruck

No AutoPilot
No FSD

Now this

Towing & overlanding

May 1, 2024
Tailosive EV

--------

I stopped paying attention to Tailosive a couple years ago because he posted crap. Without watching this my bet is that he is still doing crap, and I guess you bought it?

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag

Cybertruck

No AutoPilot
No FSD

Now this

Towing & overlanding

May 1, 2024
Tailosive EV

--------

Mr ctr-V strikes again!!

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
instead of more new locations i am all on board with tesla expanding existing locations. which is what they said they would do instead. ive never needed a supercharger and not been relatively close to one, but i have needed to charge and the nearest SC were full or close to full and derated.

flyinglow

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 335i, F250
Country flag
Agree with everything in the video. The only thing not discussed was Tesla taking $17 million in taxpayer funds and then flipping us off by eliminating its Supercharger team.

Elon is a classic example of how someone can be a genius while at the same time being an idiot and a miserable example of a human being.

dandor

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, and Cybertruck
Country flag
Agree with everything in the video. The only thing not discussed was Tesla taking $17 million in taxpayer funds and then flipping us off by eliminating its Supercharger team.

Elon is a classic example of how someone can be a genius while at the same time being an idiot and a miserable example of a human being.
Tesla took that money to build EV chargers. Did they build them or not? The answer is they satisfied the agreement with the grants. Why does firing many people of the team have anything to do with the $17 million?

FUD like you stated makes it appear Tesla stole $17 million from taxpayers, which is not true. They satisfied their grant agreement.

CyberTW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y &3
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag

Translation - “he is smart, but he doesn’t align with my beliefs thus he is a horrible human being”

cgladue

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 Model S 75D, 2018 Model 3 Performance
Occupation
Software Architect
Country flag
Building more stalls at existing locations is no different then building fewer stalls at more locations when it comes to that 17 milion.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
instead of more new locations i am all on board with tesla expanding existing locations. which is what they said they would do instead. ive never needed a supercharger and not been relatively close to one, but i have needed to charge and the nearest SC were full or close to full and derated.
I live on the west coast and there are plenty of SCs here with plenty of charging stalls, but if you are driving the interstates in the winter there simply aren't enough SCs or stalls in states like Wyoming, Arizona, or New Mexico. I am sure that in the summer the ones that are there are adequate but losing that extra 30% in the winter makes a big difference.

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
With 300 miles of range, charged to 80% becomes 240 miles. At highway speeds, now you're at 200 miles. With the cold, especially days under 20 degrees Fahrenheit, range can easily be 150 miles. There are certainly places where you aren't within 2 hours of a Supercharger in the U.S., which means Tesla as a network doesn't meet everyone's needs.

My hope is that a company comes along and makes chargers as reliable as Tesla, but adopts more pull through slots and considers the places there are gaps. I have two drives I make regularly that always terrify me in the winter, because there isn't sufficient EV coverage. I have to charge to 100% at home and then top up only 25 miles from my house, to make the trip work. Now that the charging standard is figured out, let's hope for a real competitor shows up to push innovation.

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
With 300 miles of range, charged to 80% becomes 240 miles. At highway speeds, now you're at 200 miles. With the cold, especially days under 20 degrees Fahrenheit, range can easily be 150 miles. There are certainly places where you aren't within 2 hours of a Supercharger in the U.S., which means Tesla as a network doesn't meet everyone's needs.

My hope is that a company comes along and makes chargers as reliable as Tesla, but adopts more pull through slots and considers the places there are gaps. I have two drives I make regularly that always terrify me in the winter, because there isn't sufficient EV coverage. I have to charge to 100% at home and then top up only 25 miles from my house, to make the trip work. Now that the charging standard is figured out, let's hope for a real competitor shows up to push innovation.
Your last point is the clincher. If the IRA results in EA, EVGo, etc chargers being available and reliable (and NACS-worthy) then maybe the problem goes away, but Tesla would have to somehow 'certify' them in the Tesla navigation app for me to trust them.

OP
OP

firsttruck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
none
Country flag
I stopped paying attention to Tailosive a couple years ago because he posted crap. Without watching this my bet is that he is still doing crap, and I guess you bought it?
So you haven't watch his videos in a couple years. Interesting.

I actually watched the video.

I did not "bought" anything.

I posted the link to the video because I thought he did a decent job of expressing what I was already thinking before watching the video. Since I don't make videos I post links to videos that can articulate what I am thinking.

Here is link to EV charging expert Kyle (Out of Spec channel) and how he has been contacted by several industry insiders at grid operators, OEMs, contractors are complaining that they can no longer reach anybody at Tesla for the new charging projects that they were involved in that were in-process or being planned.

----------------------------------------

Tesla Just Fired Their Entire Charging Team! Impacts, Future Supercharger Sites, & Industry Shakeup
May 1, 2024
Out of Spec Reviews

------

Tesla Pauses All Future Supercharger Construction, Says Continue If Already Underway
Episode 354: Francie & Kyle discuss an email sent by Tesla to ALL charging partners (for example: local grid operators, contractors, auto OEMs using NCAS, local governments where new projects were in progress, including entities waiting for PAYMENT!! for work already DONE, etc). They discuss the contents of the email, the potential opportunities for other EV charging providers, and the ripple effects of this major layoff the the wider electric vehicle charging industry.
May 2, 2024
Out of Spec Podcast

-----

Sponsored

Last edited: