parking into parking spots with cars in spots on both sides - anybody master this yet?

4Frodo

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y traded in for Foundation Series Cybertruck
Occupation
Software Engineer
Country flag
so im continuously having issues trying to park the CT in to a spot if there are cars on either side. Ie try turning into a grocery market parking with cars along side of both sides and swinging the CT into the spot. It seems like a bus and I can't wrap my head around this. how do you get in there so its easy to do this. I feel like you are driving a bus and its so difficult. ANyone else share this issue? Will CT have auto parking> help, teach me some pointers.
Sponsored

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
It is 18.5 feet long, it is a full size truck, there is limited visibility. Even with the great turn radius it is a very large vehicle, taking the turn extra wide will help. Also you are almost always better backin in.

sylvius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CyberBeast FS ordered
Country flag
Is this your first pickup truck? If so, get used to it. If you ever wondered why so many pickups back into parking spaces now you know. Parking nose in can be challenging (though it should get easier if/when 10 degrees is active on the rear wheel steering) because the truck is so long. You almost always will need to go in part way, back up a bit with wheels turned the opposite direction, then go in again. The only way you get in easily without doing that is if the lane is super wide and you can start way over and almost completely overshoot then maybe you can barely get in but will still likely be crooked. Try backing into spots, generally much faster and cleaner. Only downside there is if you need to access the bed.

Jabman

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model S, Ram 1500
Country flag
Is this your first pickup truck? If so, get used to it. If you ever wondered why so many pickups back into parking spaces now you know. Parking nose in can be challenging (though it should get easier if/when 10 degrees is active on the rear wheel steering) because the truck is so long. You almost always will need to go in part way, back up a bit with wheels turned the opposite direction, then go in again. The only way you get in easily without doing that is if the lane is super wide and you can start way over and almost completely overshoot then maybe you can barely get in but will still likely be crooked. Try backing into spots, generally much faster and cleaner. Only downside there is if you need to access the bed.
This. 100%. Owning a pickup I will totally agree

Cybertruck2024

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning and Model 3
Country flag
It’s just like parking a F150!
Went to dinner with my gf tonight, the first 30 minutes was me bragging about how well I backed into a tight parking spot in my Lightning. It's not easy bringing a big truck certain places!

The good news is on lowest suspension, at least the CT should fit in most parking garages.

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
Follow this simple tip to relieve parking stress.

Search for a pull through parking space on the outskirts of a parking lot to avoid backing. Remember that the typical American is lazy and they want to park as close the door as possible to avoid walking.

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
It is a bit of an art. I’m not an artist. I typically park my 150 out further where there are several open spots together. I thought the RW steering would make this process of parking a lot easier.

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
park somewhere else/off to the side/in back/along an island
Yup if the vehicle is big sometimes you are gonna have to park and hike, if you want front row parking take the compact car :)
Sponsored