parking into parking spots with cars in spots on both sides - anybody master this yet?

HardyBro2

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Nissan Frontier, 2013 Nissan Leaf
Occupation
Musician/Yogi
Country flag
I own a 2003 four door 6 foot bed Nissan Frontier pick up truck that among other things I use for transporting our band around to different venues. I have reversed down crazy narrow alleyways for a load in with no back up camera. I cannot wait for the day I have my CT with all those cameras to use.

In your specific scenario, I think you will get used to it. My truck is long and narrow so it's easier to park in between cars, but more difficult parallel parking. You are driving a boat, but thankfully you have a bunch of tech to help. Good luck and happy electric trucking ⚡🫡

Wildfortune

First Name
Denise
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered Tri-motor C/T to replace my Ford Edge
Occupation
Retired to a Hobby Farm
Country flag
If there is enough room, I will always back my F-150 in. If it's too tight, head to the pickup truck area out on the farther reaches of the lot. You'll be in good company.

Celiboy

First Name
Marcel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Model 3, 2022 Model Y, 2024 AWD Cybertruck
Occupation
Family Nurse Practitioner, Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner
Country flag
so im continuously having issues trying to park the CT in to a spot if there are cars on either side. Ie try turning into a grocery market parking with cars along side of both sides and swinging the CT into the spot. It seems like a bus and I can't wrap my head around this. how do you get in there so its easy to do this. I feel like you are driving a bus and its so difficult. ANyone else share this issue? Will CT have auto parking> help, teach me some pointers.
Practice doing it without cars on either side until you get comfortable.

Ward L

First Name
Ward
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, FS CT AWD
Country flag
Practice doing it without cars on either side until you get comfortable.
And when practicing without cars nearby, go a little faster than normal. I knew a guy could park a truck really well and he always just zipped into the spot. Maybe that is the trick? What could go wrong?

BorisJGR

First Name
Boris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck, Model X
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
Has anyone who owns a CT replied here? I’m wondering if this has to do more with the rear steering than the fact that it’s a truck.

oc_ronald

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Country flag
Backing a car in is far easier when parking between two cars, because you can cut the angle sharper and get perpendicular within a smaller distance. It's surprising how most people don't realize this. Added bonus: when you back in, you get to see exactly where the sides of your vehicle are in relation to the cars around you, using the rear view mirrors.

Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag
There is a reason people with trucks back them up. It’s easier to park. It also requires some technique..

Here’s a diagram I found

1. While driving forward hug (get close) to the side that the parking space is on.
2. When the front of your truck is perpendicular to the space, turn away to the opposite side of the lane.
3. When the rear of your truck is now facing the parking space it’s time to reverse.
4. Use side missors or Birds Eye view or camera to complete the reverse motion.

Tesla Cybertruck parking into parking spots with cars in spots on both sides - anybody master this yet? IMG_6331

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Follow this simple tip to relieve parking stress.

Search for a pull through parking space on the outskirts of a parking lot to avoid backing. Remember that the typical American is lazy and they want to park as close the door as possible to avoid walking.
Then I would lose one of the biggest advantages of the Cybertruck's exoskeleton: Being able to muscle into spots that are a little bit too small! 🤪

Gigahorse

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1 Million Miles on ICE Toyotas, Waiting for CT
There is a reason people with trucks back them up. It’s easier to park. It also requires some technique..

Here’s a diagram I found

1. While driving forward hug (get close) to the side that the parking space is on.
2. When the front of your truck is perpendicular to the space, turn away to the opposite side of the lane.
3. When the rear of your truck is now facing the parking space it’s time to reverse.
4. Use side missors or Birds Eye view or camera to complete the reverse motion.

IMG_6331.png
I don't know if you made that or stole it but it is great.
Def saving that to settle an occasional debate about backing in "taking longer"

Jimbo Ringo

First Name
Jimbo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model X
Occupation
Marketing
Country flag
so im continuously having issues trying to park the CT in to a spot if there are cars on either side. Ie try turning into a grocery market parking with cars along side of both sides and swinging the CT into the spot. It seems like a bus and I can't wrap my head around this. how do you get in there so its easy to do this. I feel like you are driving a bus and its so difficult. ANyone else share this issue? Will CT have auto parking> help, teach me some pointers.
Easy to park between two vehicles when backing up. The camera views plus the two snake white lines makes it east to back into a spot with equal space on both sides. No worries!

Bkb13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
raptor
Occupation
Entrepreneur
Country flag