Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Bolt
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
It’s hard to tell from the video, but it looks to me like the front of the vault is recessed more into the cab, and that the rear seats can be seen through the opening. I’d say that a pass through was one of the most requested features. Anyone have thoughts?
Sponsored

Cyber-Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Silverado
Country flag
That’s what I thought by watching the video of the test mule and seeing the rear seats exposed through the front of the vault, but I have read many posts on here detailing why it can’t be done or it will be extremely hard.

I still don’t understand why it can’t be done. To me you would close the vault, retract the Midgate down into the tract where the vault cover is stored when the vault is open and fold down the back seats into the foot wheels like the back seats in a Honda Odyssey creating a flat floor. This would only work with the vault closed, but you could still slide your 4x8 plywood in there from the open tailgate or I could have my mattress in the back for overnight hunting.

Besides we are talking about Elon Musk here (Time person of the year), lead engineer for SpaceX Starship, one of the greatest minds of our time. I am sure he can figure it out.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
“Passthrough” signifies an SUV buyer rather than pickup truck user.

An effort to make Cyber truck “all things to all people” could hurt the halo truck. Additionally, it could cost Tesla follow-on sales of a true 4x4 SUV with enclosed cargo, heat/cool, and a 360° greenhouse.

Problematic are a number of large heavy cargo that attempt to break through the back of cab.

Is a heavily armored 18” opening off the floor of a pickup bed still a passthrough?

Throwcomputer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
07 Ridgeline, Vintage Vespas, 02 Harley Sportster
Occupation
TV & Film
Country flag
I hope no midgate. Just added complexity. I’m looking to buy a truck not an RV.
Agreed. Wish this pass through talk would fade away along with wraps.

But if it were to happen, I wouldn't care as long as it didn't affect the true bed length when in normal configuration. Otherwise I'm blaming all you pass through obsessed for the failings of the ct!

Every time I use the bed I'll be cursing pass through fans for not just buying the rv they so desire.

;)

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It’s funny, there is another thread by someone complaining about too many changes.

I’m a little skeptical they could make a mid-gate work without other compromises.

There is plenty of room in the cabin for sleeping and I think there would be fewer compromises getting in-cabin sleeping working then a mid-gate.

Newton

First Name
Newton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
p̶r̶i̶u̶s̶ c̶,̶ y̶o̶t̶a̶ p̶i̶c̶k̶u̶p, ⼕丫⻏?尺セ尺ㄩ⼕长
Country flag
I hope they at least make a window that can roll down...
I think thats a good compromise between a complicated pass-through/midgate and nothing.
this lets you extent long objects into the cab, or possibly crawl through if needed.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I hope they at least make a window that can roll down...
I think thats a good compromise between a complicated pass-through/midgate and nothing.
this lets you extent long objects into the cab, or possibly crawl through if needed.
I’m definitely on board with a window. Gotta have a way to make fun of the guys riding in the back of the truck on shuttle days. Or know if they flew out the back.

electricAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck dual-motor
Country flag
It’s funny, there is another thread by someone complaining about too many changes.

I’m a little skeptical they could make a mid-gate work without other compromises.

There is plenty of room in the cabin for sleeping and I think there would be fewer compromises getting in-cabin sleeping working then a mid-gate.
I think for a lot of us, the beauty of the pass-through is the ability to sleep comfortably inside the truck. If there is enough room in the cab for sleeping, and the seats fold flat, that would be a better solution than a pass through, IMO, and Tesla could just forget trying to accommodate it.

They've been pushing camp mode on the Y...I'd be shocked if the CT wasn't designed to accommodate sleeping inside the truck. It's just a question of HOW they go about it.

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Please, make it a Pass through.

I t will suit my need as I travel around AU for a year or two or three.

Certainly great to leave the RV(Caravan) behind, and then have an easy setup to visit remote places.

I plan to set up a small tent to move the crap in there, and wifey and I will have a nice comfortable temperature controlled 'bedroom/lounge' … And it comes with a TV and power plugs... perfect.

Welcome to join me.
Sponsored