Perhaps they could produce a smaller Cybertruck, given how well the truck is accepted

OP
OP
Day One

Day One

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Citroen C5, Ford Territory
Occupation
Tesla Destination
Country flag
Yes your right about the “Tacoma cult” but rumor is the Tacoma is about to get a lot bigger and be riding on a shared chassis with the Tundra ? kind of like how the new f-250 uses the same cab as the f-150. But chassis instead.

The smaller pickup would sell well in other markets for sure. I would surely give it a look, but I doubt it would fulfill my needs.
@ Cyber-Dave:
Welcome back when you understand my posts.
Sponsored

Cyber_Dav

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Siennas (2)
Country flag
@ Cyber-Dave:
Welcome back when you understand my posts.
I thought your posts were clear, my apologies that I misunderstood.

It may be awhile, as I still can see no other way to interpret them.

If you would care to help me understand, I'll be happy to try. We can discuss offline if you prefer.

TCT 256004 3M

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Self employed
Country flag
The TCT is not a monster truck. It is the same size, weight, and price as a Ford F-150. The F-150 sales 909,000 units per year compared to the Ford Ranger 50,000 units with zero sales in October, November and December. The market for small trucks is not there IMO. I own a 2019 f-150 ecoboost and will trade it when the TCT is ready.

Frank W

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Toyota Tacoma
Occupation
Retired Army 1975-1997
Country flag
But the Toyota Tacoma is selling roughly 20k a month for the same period. That being said, I’m still looking forward to the CT and it will fit in my garage. :)

HaulingAss

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 Perform, FS Cybertruck
Country flag
I agree, It is of course doable to charge with extension cord and I do use it. I was talking about charging overnight, leave the car outside could be the issue for me. If this truck would be just 10 inches shorter It fits in my 20 feet garage.
My Tesla Model 3 has spent half of it's life parked outdoors and the other half in an open carport sticking 1/3 of the way out into the weather/rain. It still looks like new! I have a HPWC mounted on a pole outside for charging at our cabin and a HPWC in our carport, conveniently mounted near the end facing the street so the charge cable reaches a car parked in the driveway too.

Our F-150 has spent the last 12 years parked on the street in front of our house and it's fine too. Cars and trucks are built for an outdoor environment. Of course some shade in the summer is always nice to prevent high temperatures from building up in the cab/cabin.

ElectricCat

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 MS, 2018 M3 LR, 2020 Model S LR, 2022 MY LR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
My Tesla Model 3 has spent half of it's life parked outdoors and the other half in an open carport sticking 1/3 of the way out into the weather/rain. It still looks like new! I have a HPWC mounted on a pole outside for charging at our cabin and a HPWC in our carport, conveniently mounted near the end facing the street so the charge cable reaches a car parked in the driveway too.

Our F-150 has spent the last 12 years parked on the street in front of our house and it's fine too. Cars and trucks are built for an outdoor environment. Of course some shade in the summer is always nice to prevent high temperatures from building up in the cab/cabin.
Lucky you. I don’t have the option to park in front of my garage in my townhome community. So, overnight charging near my garage is not the option.

Last edited:

ElectricCat

First Name
Uri
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 MS, 2018 M3 LR, 2020 Model S LR, 2022 MY LR
Occupation
Retired
Country flag
Hey, I got it! The point I’be been trying to make is about an ability to charge it overnight. And those few inches in length makes a huge difference. Again, this is for me and folks like me, who cannot park and charge overnight in front of their house or garage.

Deleted member 12457

Check out current vehicle sales, https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2021-us-vehicle-sales-figures-by-model/. Ford F-series have dropped from last month although they retained #1 in overall sales. Tacoma is 7th (four Toyotas in top seven). Are Ford buyers waiting for the Lightning or just not buying right now. Tacoma sales are up 35% from last year (same month). YTD sales are 162K vs 414K for F-series (all F-trucks, not just F-150). To me that says there's interest in a non-monster truck. My 2013 Tacoma is smaller than the new ones and doesn't have the typical butt-ugly worthless front grill like all trucks have.

I have to wonder if we'll start being taxed higher for monster trucks. They can't fit in normal parking lots anymore, requiring either special areas or multiple spaces being taken up. There's also height limits in parking lots (~7-ft) making it difficult for newer trucks to fit without scraping the ceiling beams. I'm also tired of seeing these larger truck occupied by one person and not carrying anything. Status symbol? Either way, I like my truck size, it fits my needs, can tow reasonable size trailers (not into towing a second house(trailer), and can carry close to a ton of stuff. I'm sure others feel the same way. Size and speed don't matter to a lot of us.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Lucky you. I don’t have the option to park in front of my garage in my townhome community. So, overnight charging near my garage is not the option.
In California, your HOA or condo association must make allowances so you can charge.

-Crissa

RVAC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
-
Check out current vehicle sales, https://www.goodcarbadcar.net/2021-us-vehicle-sales-figures-by-model/. Ford F-series have dropped from last month although they retained #1 in overall sales. Tacoma is 7th (four Toyotas in top seven). Are Ford buyers waiting for the Lightning or just not buying right now. Tacoma sales are up 35% from last year (same month). YTD sales are 162K vs 414K for F-series (all F-trucks, not just F-150). To me that says there's interest in a non-monster truck. My 2013 Tacoma is smaller than the new ones and doesn't have the typical butt-ugly worthless front grill like all trucks have.

I have to wonder if we'll start being taxed higher for monster trucks. They can't fit in normal parking lots anymore, requiring either special areas or multiple spaces being taken up. There's also height limits in parking lots (~7-ft) making it difficult for newer trucks to fit without scraping the ceiling beams. I'm also tired of seeing these larger truck occupied by one person and not carrying anything. Status symbol? Either way, I like my truck size, it fits my needs, can tow reasonable size trailers (not into towing a second house(trailer), and can carry close to a ton of stuff. I'm sure others feel the same way. Size and speed don't matter to a lot of us.
Ford F-series production has been hit pretty heavily by the semiconductor shortage AFAIK. Still, 414k vs 162k is a significant difference, I know it encompasses all F-series truck sales but the F-150 makes up the lion's share. I'm also not seeing any Chevy or RAM trucks in that list so it's definitely not comprehensive.

Deleted member 12457

Not exactly sure where the end of each truck is on your drawing so my scaling of your photo might be a bit off. F-150 and CT are same length, CT a tiny bit shorter but that is variable depending on airshocks. Tacoma same length (my 2013) as the Ranger (not sure what year your truck are), F-250, -350 and -450 should have to be licensed as a semi truck (over 20-ft long) and they're 6'8" tall without any lift kits. 4" shorter than lots of parking garages so I would never try driving into one in these trucks.

Actually, smaller eggplants taste better than overgrown ones, just like giant zucchini people forgot to harvest. Even medium size salmon taste better than huge ones (which coast are you on? Pacific side has the best salmon.).

Of course size matters in some things but bigger isn't always better. Like your cell phone. Your TV is a perfect product where size matters. The optimal viewing distance for a 98" TV is 98-248", depending on resolution. That means you have to sit at least 8-ft away to use it properly. Many apartments don't have that much room so getting a smaller TV has better viewing for the space. Same with trucks. Some people want to tow a 737 while others are satisfied towing a two seater Cessna. All depends on people's needs, which a different. Truck manufacturers are getting to the point where they feel they can only sell monster trucks when people only need smaller ones.

Tesla Cybertruck Perhaps they could produce a smaller Cybertruck, given how well the truck is accepted Screen Shot 2021-08-28 at 2.18.07 PM
Sponsored