Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Occupation
Industrial Designer
Country flag
Ever since the first images of the early protos came out, I couldn't get past the subtle changes that kind of soured the visual appearance of the truck. (I'm very picky about the road presence of my truck). So I photoshopped the ride height (+2") and added back in the hubcaps from the concept, also removed the mirrors. I am hopeful the final production will look more similar to this but we will see.
Tesla Cybertruck Photoshopped early prototype model to look more similar to concept cybertruck_photosho

Tesla Cybertruck Photoshopped early prototype model to look more similar to concept cybertruck

Sponsored

Deleted member 12457

I'd like to see the CT at its minimum height level, which would be where I would drive it the majority of time. I don't need a ton of ground clearance on regular streets and highways, only if I ever go off road, especially when camping. My 2013 Tacoma has a lot of ground clearance which I rarely use. I did add rear air shocks and use them regularly when carrying anything more than one back of cement/sand in my truck bed (Toyota rear springs are worthless).

I like your image but don't need the plastic wheel covers. I'm more of a spoke man who likes to see the brakes. I could also see the wheel covers disappearing almost immediately so why even have them.

OP
OP
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
Occupation
Industrial Designer
Country flag
I'd like to see the CT at its minimum height level, which would be where I would drive it the majority of time. I don't need a ton of ground clearance on regular streets and highways, only if I ever go off road, especially when camping. My 2013 Tacoma has a lot of ground clearance which I rarely use. I did add rear air shocks and use them regularly when carrying anything more than one back of cement/sand in my truck bed (Toyota rear springs are worthless).

I like your image but don't need the plastic wheel covers. I'm more of a spoke man who likes to see the brakes. I could also see the wheel covers disappearing almost immediately so why even have them.
I can totally see the need for a lower height. One of the benefits of airbag suspension obviously is the fact you can have both without having to adjust the coils or struts. My parents have a new defender and love the airbag suspension it offers. I'm eager to see the off-road capabilities of the cybertruck since the Rivian has proven to be formidable (so far)

I think my only beef with the wheels as they stand now is the design, I have hopes that this is just a quick iteration to benchmark performance and we will see a fresh set of wheels in the future. Because I agree with you, those caps are gonna be gone the second you go offroad.

This is my take on minimum height:

Tesla Cybertruck Photoshopped early prototype model to look more similar to concept cybertruck_lowered

Last edited:

Deleted member 12457

I tried an iffy job of adding Foose D753 Reaction wheels to the lowered design. Of course a set of four of these would set me back $2K but they give a meaner look, especially to the lowered version. (sorry I_Design_Tools for the hack. I found them flipped on Foose's website but didn't realize I could purchase them in town at Les Schwab.)

Tesla Cybertruck Photoshopped early prototype model to look more similar to concept Screen Shot 2022-06-13 at 12.26.47 PM

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I love the lower look and it is going to be super nice to have the versatility of owning a big travel off-road rig but be able to enter/ exit it like a normal car. Not to mention having the stability and aero advantages of a lower vehicle on the highway.
Sponsored