Poll: How many preorders will turn into orders?

How many preorders will turn into orders?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I think as the Cybertruck production begins and we begin seeing some on the road, it's going to turn some heads, but also will get some rave reviews from those fortunate enough to experiencing driving and owning one.

Since the initial production ramp may not be fast, I believe many will want to see some reviews or evaluate carefully if they are considering cancellation, because to reserve again will put them likely three years or more further behind in the waiting line.

But, since the reservation price was much cheaper than the Model ≡, there could be a larger number of frivolous insincere reservations in the mix, from some who might not have the understanding or appreciation of what the Cybertruck really will be.

So, I'm guessing slightly more cancellations percentage wise in the first year compared to the Model ≡, but not a huge difference. After the Cybertruck becomes more appreciated for its utility, performance, and tech, with the style 'growing' on people more, I think the cancellation rate will drop and the demand will grow huge just like orders for the Model ≡/Y are today.

-ÆCIII

Only those afraid of or attempting to conceal Truth - will try to Suppress or Censor Communication of Others.
I’m pretty sure if you are unsure you can just wait. Once your reservation gets activated you’ll be able to configure your truck at any time or just hold off until you are certain.
Sponsored

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
So most people think that out of 10 people in a room that preordered, 5 or more will actually buy the truck. I doubt that.
I don't doubt that at all. the EV truck options are few and far between, nevermind the options having low volume capability. I reserved a CT because I want an EV truck and I will buy the CT because not only is it the best one, but I also will spend my money on the company that forced legacy to go electric. without Tesla, they wouldn't have.

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
I’m pretty sure if you are unsure you can just wait. Once your reservation gets activated you’ll be able to configure your truck at any time or just hold off until you are certain.
my question is: when do we see the new options and prices? with the press now delivered, that information has to be soon !

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
Yes until everyone has one. Stainless EV with million mile battery. A car for life. ;-)

At some point cradle to grave production and consumerism needs to stop and we need to adopt a more cyclic strategy for sustainable resource use. I plan on giving my grand kids my cybertrucks. In full running order.
yes my son has said that he shotgumned my CT when I die. lol

jerhenderson

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
Correctional Officer
Country flag
i
At this point we should be asking what is the reality that the truck will come out in the middle of a recession and is it worth spending $65k to $85k on a depreciating asset.
f you plan on owning the asset for a long time, the purchase makes financial sense.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
my question is: when do we see the new options and prices? with the press now delivered, that information has to be soon !
We don’t know. @greggertruck who has had the scoop on a couple things thinks next month there will be some sort of reveal. Personally, I think more details won’t come out until they are ready to start opening the config tool online.

Sometime before June is almost certain.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
If Tesla makes huge changes to the configurations, they might roll it out sooner.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
it has to be earlier for Elon to have production mid '23. at least a few months.
Production starts before orders do. At least with the Model Y they were in “production” for a month or more before you could even buy the Model Y out of Texas any way.

I think by then we’ll have some better idea of specs though. Cybertruck is quite a bit different.

But Tesla was quiet about 4680 Model Y specs for a long time.

Sirfun

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, Chrysler Pacifica PHEV, Ford E-250
Occupation
Retired Sheet Metal Worker
Country flag
You think they'll confirm features before they're delivering them to non-employees?

I don't.

-Crissa
So you're saying we reserved them sight unseen. And we will have to purchase them without even knowing features or what we are buying?
Maybe that will weed out some of the preorders/prehoarders. I hope they'll tell me how much I'm going to pay beforehand.
I'm sorry Crissa but I just can't imagine that happening. We don't even know if it has a frunk for heavens sake!

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
So you're saying we reserved them sight unseen. And we will have to purchase them without even knowing features or what we are buying?
Maybe that will weed out some of the preorders/prehoarders. I hope they'll tell me how much I'm going to pay beforehand.
I'm sorry Crissa but I just can't imagine that happening. We don't even know if it has a frunk for heavens sake!
With the Model S Plaid, they had a launch party. They announced the final configurations and specs at the launch party and turned over keys to the first ~30 or so buyers. Then they opened up the config page to the public. I would not be shocked if they did the same with the Cybertruck.

I wouldn’t rule out an earlier event either though myself.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
The first people will, yes. The configurator will have far more information, but none will be 'confirmed' until it's in someone's hands. And employees won't kiss and tell.

-Crissa

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
The first people will, yes. The configurator will have far more information, but none will be 'confirmed' until it's in someone's hands. And employees won't kiss and tell.

-Crissa
Tesla employees have been impressively closed lipped about the Cybertruck.
Sponsored