Poll: How often do you use your frunk? (Or see yourself using it)

How often do you use your frunk? (Or see yourself using it)

• Total voters

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
With the recent flurry of pics and videos, there has been some frunk talk and I noticed a lot of people saying they don't really use their frunks.

I personally use it every day.
Things I put in there regularly:
  1. Laptop bag
  2. Coat
  3. Snap plate
  4. Groceries
  5. Luggage on weekends out
I tend to back in so I guess that could be part of it.

So I pass the question to you. How much do you currently, or plan to in CT, use the frunk?

I personally am hoping for a drain in the CT frunk so I can fill it with ice and use it like a cooler.
Sponsored

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I found a down vest I've been missing since September when i opened my frunk last week.

The CYBERFRUNK may be different since it'll be my RV trailer tow vehicle. If it fits a particular bit of kit for RV life (Blackstone grill, folding chairs, stabilizer blocks, etc.) it might find more regular use.

ninja6r

First Name
Ninja6r
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
model 3, nissan leaf
Occupation
pass
Country flag
I currently use it weekly on the 3. If the cybertruck is auto open and close, I'd use it daily because I either pull through or back-in to parking spots.

Friday

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
I like to go crystal hunting and rock hounding. I keep 2 folding camp chairs, small shade cover and a folding camp table in the back of the Pacifica at all times. I also add a portable toilet w/privacy popup for the more remote trips. It's nice to have a setup to use for pulloffs and scenic areas. I am hoping the frunk can be the permanent home for most of that.

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Depends on the size of the frunk?

I don't even use the hatch on my hatchback every time I use the car...

...And I also don't use the car daily. And when I did use it daily, I still didn't use the hatch daily. And I don't plan on using the truck daily. Weekly, maybe.

-Crissa

Last edited:

BillyGee

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y P, Model 3 LR, Founders CT (Ordered)
Occupation
Technician
Country flag
Chemicals, hoses and parts that have a bit of a scent all go in the trunk of the Y. I even put vinegar up there just so I don't need to smell it.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I keep tools in my Frunk and usually open it when I need them. Anything like grocery or things that go in and out of the truck regularly goes in the back seat. If Frunk was not motorized, if proper closing of it was not tied to ability to drive the truck and if opening it would not attract total strangers to start a long conversation when I was in a rush I probably would use it more often.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
I keep tools in my Frunk and usually open it when I need them. Anything like grocery or things that go in and out of the truck regularly goes in the back seat. If Frunk was not motorized, if proper closing of it was not tied to ability to drive the truck and if opening it would not attract total strangers to start a long conversation when I was in a rush I probably would use it more often.
Oh interesting, I saw someone say they would use it more if it was motorized.

I used to get Convo starts but that's died off.

I love the old guy who asks if I need a jump when I'm in the frunk

cvalue13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150L
Occupation
Fun-employed
Country flag
Depends a bit on how ‘daily’ is thought of - I’ve always got stuff stored in there

I’ve got three car seats in the back row, and usually a back floorboard full of toys and stuffed animals.

Frunk is my happy place.

fhteagle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Volt, CT Res x2
Country flag
Define "use".... There are items in the trunk constantly, but they are accessed a couple of times a month only. Great storage place for emergency supplies, cheap items that could get crushed in a crash, etc. I won't store anything valuable in there, considering how easy it is to pop the trunk. Anything that I might need to access more often than that goes in the main cabin of the car.

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Depends a bit on how ‘daily’ is thought of - I’ve always got stuff stored in there

I’ve got three car seats in the back row, and usually a back floorboard full of toys and stuffed animals.

Frunk is my happy place.
Sounds like daily to me lol

OP
OP
Gurule92

Gurule92

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP
Occupation
"Cyber" stuff
Country flag
Define "use".... There are items in the trunk constantly, but they are accessed a couple of times a month only. Great storage place for emergency supplies, cheap items that could get crushed in a crash, etc. I won't store anything valuable in there, considering how easy it is to pop the trunk. Anything that I might need to access more often than that goes in the main cabin of the car.
I can speak to the car crash. I had a pretty severe frontal crash in my Y and my laptop was totally fine in the frunk.

But yea I mean, it's up to your interpretation I suppose. If you think storing is using I'm cool with it.

I literally open mine everyday
Sponsored