Poll : What would be the perfect model for you

What would be the perfect model for you

• 1 motor rear, 2wd, 300miles (base)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 motor rear, 2wd, 500 miles (sport LR)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
35x12.50R20LT Multi-Mile Arctic Claw
Nokian Tyres Hakkapeliitta 10 315/35 R 20 110T XL
LT315/70 R 17 121/118QNokian Tyres Hakkapeliitta LT3

In 5 min I found those on google

There is also a lot of good 4 season like the duratrack and bunch of A/T tire. Here in quebec I see a lot of them
Well then maybe you should spend more time than five minutes and maybe try to chat GPT ?

these results are not 35 inches they are 34.4 inches and you’re also quoting a 17 inch wheel which is not enough to clear the brakes you need an 18 inch wheel minimum.
Sponsored

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Well then maybe you should spend more time than five minutes and maybe try to chat GPT ?

these results are not 35 inches they are 34.4 inches and you’re also quoting a 17 inch wheel which is not enough to clear the brakes you need an 18 inch wheel minimum.
Oh for effs sake, man.

Those are the tires that can be on a raised F150.

-Crissa

OP
OP

FrankMcEnnis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Express, Cj5, Rockcrawler
Country flag

You really are looking for an axactly 35inch tire? Good luck, even 35x12.50r?? most of the time are not 35inch with a measuring tape. Closer to to 34 most of the time.

Also you never mention anything about the wheel size, you just said 35inch winter tire!

The good year duratrac are available in 325/65R18.

But you seem to know everything, ill stop arguing, so you still think your are right on everything.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
You really are looking for an axactly 35inch tire? Good luck, even 35x12.50r?? most of the time are not 35inch with a measuring tape. Closer to to 34 most of the time.

Also you never mention anything about the wheel size, you just said 35inch winter tire!

The good year duratrac are available in 325/65R18.

But you seem to know everything, ill stop arguing, so you still think your are right on everything.
yes that is exactly what I’m looking for a 35 inch snow tire that is a direct swap for a factory issue 35 inch tire that comes on a Ford raptor or ram TRX and likely the cyber truck which is supposed to have a 35 inch tire, which will likely have at least an 18 inch rim to clear the brakes

sorry you’re so aggravated and want to attack me for claiming to know everything.

I’m just saying the SNOW tire does not exist in the market. I hope they create one. Some downsize to smaller tire sizes to get a winter one that fits, but it looks kind of dorky on these big vehicles and there’s other performance trade-offs

oh, and the Goodyear Dura Trac is not a snow tire.

TBONO

First Name
Tone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
M3
Country flag
Oh for effs sake, man.

Those are the tires that can be on a raised F150.

-Crissa
Uh. OK. It’s also likely to be the tire on the cyber truck unless they do not deliver a 35 inch tire,
whats your point?

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Electric Wheelchair Builder
Country flag
Find it weird that you’ve added options and eliminated one which was on launch day. I know there are rumors it was eliminated, but it is still more far more likely than either of the 1 motor options or the dual motor 500 mile option.

The dual motor with anything over 400 miles would be my choice. But since I’m pretty sure that’s not a thing, the tri motor in my current reservation and choice. I don’t care about the trivial performance that 4th motor brings to the table and would not pay more for it.
Think l'll 'reserve' my thoughts on the QUAD untill l get to drive it. Most likely after l've PAID for the thing!

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Country flag
I bet we will see two models: Dual motor and Tri motor. I don't think Tesla will introduce a quad motor, when tri motor is proven technology on both the semi and Plaid. Six months till we know...can't wait.
The QUAD does look tasty on 'rice paper' and it's the one l'd choose on the MENU. :)

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
Norwegian. About 6"3.
Prefer red hair but I won't argue with blonde.
Doesn't need a college degree but must be intellectually curious.
Non smoker a must.
Interesting noses considered.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
I made a selection but without price, it is kinda meaningless to me.

on another topic since you guys have been talking about 4 motors, tires and traction here is Rivian on different tires:

Rivian is near 7000 lbs. Lot of weight to manage on slippery surface.

The way I see it, if I have a choice, I stay home in bad weather regardless of tire choice. I have seen a lot of vehicles with great tires getting hit by folks with bad traction or subpar driving skills.

Diehard

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Olds Aurora V8, Saturn Sky redline, Lightning, CT2
Country flag
Before I could make a decision on how many motors and how much range I want, I need to know how quickly the cybertruck will accept of charge for roughly 250 mi of range. That's all I need between stops, so if say for example the cybertruck could charge that much range in 15 minutes all I would ever want is a 300 mi truck for less money and less weight while on driving. With that scenario, my choice would be a AWD dual motor with 300mi. Of range. Plenty quick and lighter is better off-road.

I made a similar choice with Lightning. With CT it even makes more sense to go that rout because you can trust the network and charging will likely be faster. However, if you regularly do 500 mile trips, half of it could cost 3 times as much with public charging. For most people with the likely price difference, 300 mile probably will make the most sense but If there was a 400 mile with reasonable price, I probably would go for that so in winter and after a few years (capacity loss), I would feel a bit more comfortable. I have family 300 miles and 500 miles away. It all comes down to price.

Last edited:

Rutrow

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, CyberTruck Tri-motor reservation
Occupation
Firefighter
Country flag
I chose the TriMotor when putting down my deposit because my CYBERTRUCK will be used for towing an RV. I need both long range and towing capacity. I KNOW that towing will reduce my range to about one third of the rated range, so 400 miles, at least, would be worth the expense to me. RVers have a "3-3-3 rule" Travel no more than 300 miles, arrive at your destination by 3:00, and stay at least 3 days.

This mantra is perfect for a "rig"* that gets 150 miles on a charge. You'll've been parked in an RV site with power for 3 days previously, so you can easily leave a location far from SuperChargers with a full battery. Travel until lunch time where you can enjoy a leisurely meal while charging (45-60 minutes), then another 150 miles to your next camping site. Again, you'll have several days to level II charge back up to a full battery before your next travel day.

Charging this way will take a bit of planning and gymnastics, unplugging the RV at times to run off 12v batteries, while the 240v goes to charge the truck, then back to the RV when A/C or microwave is needed. With at least 3 days of camping scheduled, it'll be easy.

What would make this simple is if the onboard power outlet in the CYBERTRUCK bed could deliver enough current to the RV's shore line I could plug the Truck's connector into the 50A power panel and power the RV thru the bed's outlet. No swapping needed!!! 😃

As for towing capacity, I was attracted to the 14,000 lb. rating of the Tri-Motor, even though 10,000 lb. would be adequate for my Airstream. I'd rather have a healthy safety buffer. The puzzling thing for me is why the Tri-Motor has 4,000 lbs more than the Dual-Motor?!? 🤔 Torque and acceleration from the Dual-Motor will be more than enough for >15,000 lbs (the Semi hauls 82K with 3 motors). The limiting factor for tow capacity is STOPPING the rated weight, safely making evasive maneuvers at speed, and not overheating when towing uphill with the A/C on. (Davis Dam Test)

I can see no reason that there will be a significant difference between the Tri and the Dual on these metrics. They both have the same (advertised) payload capacity, so the suspension should be about the same. The heavier battery in the Tri-Motor may improve the stopping distance (more down force on the tires?). I have a feeling that the difference in towing capacity of the Dual is sandbagged just to create a difference for Tesla's higher margin model. I'm willing to bet the Dual-Motor can tow as much as the Tri-Motor version, certainly enough to give me the buffer I want. If there's a Dual-Motor that will get me 200 miles of towing range (500 mile version) I won't pay for the bragging rights that the Tri (or Quad) motor would provide.

*what RVers call their RV and tow vehicle combination

MonkeyDeLuffy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
Occupation
Math In-and-Out
Country flag
As CT is a new breed from Tesla, whichever is the most reliable will be my pick since rear steering and air suspension are standard. I can't imagine myself shuffling the pieces of equipment stored in the bed in and out of a service center. For the same reason, the range is almost equivalent crucial to my choice, given all climate change coming to life, I don't want to get stuck in the middle of the Mojave desert with a hail or rain storm Or halfway to Tahoe with heavy snow coverage in spring. I would not expect to tow a lot with this generation of electric trucks though, as all related accessories/trailers are not ready yet, and need more brew time after mass adoption.

WHIZZARD OF OZ

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Up!
Occupation
Country flag
Norwegian. About 6"3.
Prefer red hair but I won't argue with blonde.
Doesn't need a college degree but must be intellectually curious.
Non smoker a must.
Interesting noses considered.
Stopped in my tracks to 'spell the noses'. Not trying to draw a long bone, but, finally someone wit 'scents' of humerus!

Baldey

First Name
Jenia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla M3, ct reservation
Occupation
QA automation
Country flag
I preordered a tri and a dual motor AWD. plan to take delivery of both, but looking forward to the tri the most!
Sponsored