What software would you want on the cybertruck?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Seems like they are approaching autonomy from a different angle than Tesla. Tesla is shooting for the stars with general autonomy that works pretty much anywhere. Honda seems to be starting with a specific case at a time (in the video, one specific job site) and each case has to be specifically defined by humans ahead of time with location boundaries.

Over time, Tesla wants to be able to use their general intelligence case in multiple modes live robotaxis, Teslabots, etc. Honda is probably trying to build up enough specific cases to then be able to slowly expand into more general situations.

Time will tell which approach will win out.
Honda has bots in offices, self-riding bikes, humanoid robots, these things...

They have all the things Tesla aspires to. They're just alot more conservative about putting it up for sale.

-Crissa
Sponsored

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
Honda has bots in offices, self-riding bikes, humanoid robots, these things...

They have all the things Tesla aspires to. They're just alot more conservative about putting it up for sale.

-Crissa
Yes, Honda has bots in many different situations. In certain nursing homes in Japan they even have robots to help lift, turn, transport patients as those kinds of tasks are difficult and injury prone for care staff.

But the robotic approach is still very specific to the tasks at hand. For the trained tasks the bots are very skillful. But don’t ask them to do anything else as they have no idea what you are talking about.

Growing up in Japan, I have been watching these developments for decades. Things are certainly progressing but at a very measured pace.

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
I would like the option of ordering a High end built in Laser/radar Detector like Valentine.
Can we get a detector like you want that then retaliates with a ray gun to disable/destroy the detected device?

Crissa

First Name
Crissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 Zero S, 2013 Mazda 3
Country flag
Can we get a detector like you want that then retaliates with a ray gun to disable/destroy the detected device?
There's already a law against that in California... And not just the general federal one that says it's a felony to intentionally damage someone else's equipment with a radiative signal.

-Crissa

JBee

First Name
JB
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Occupation
. Professional Hobbyist
Country flag
Just need a slave flash integrated near the plate. No photo of plate means harder to invoice.

Last edited:

FutureBoy

First Name
Reginald
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Sienna
Occupation
Financial Advisor
Country flag
There's already a law against that in California... And not just the general federal one that says it's a felony to intentionally damage someone else's equipment with a radiative signal.

-Crissa
So far though, there is no law against dreaming about it wishfully…

charliemagpie

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CybrBEAST
Occupation
retired
Country flag
Just last year, I was wondering when someone was going to put AI into these robots they have been developing for all these years. Let's go up a level !

On a walk with my wife, I said to her : 'Musk has come up with so many things, there will be things Tesla will do which nobody has thought of...
More thinking :
Actually, I think Tesla might use FSD and put it in a delivery robot. If a car can navigate freely in this world.. It should apply to a Robot as well, OMG that will be bigger than cars!'

Back to the point :
Is it pure laziness? What do you call it ? ... Companies have been playing with aesthetics, and amazingly nobody has been good enough to actually breakthrough from University level plaything.

The amount of money spent so far would be amazing, and we have a dog which can roam a gated area, and a glorified dolly or people mover. With a sprinkle of psychology, so we put a smily face on it.

Not saying it's all wasted time, but holybejezus, its just plodded along.

What that Bot is going to do will change the world.

Just a rant lol

BTW, when my wife gives me that piercing look… Do I report it to the police ?

flowerlandfilms

First Name
Eryk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yamaha SRV-250, Honda Odyssey RB1
Occupation
Film Maker
Country flag
I want a built on Voight-Kampff and Esper analysis machine.

rr6013

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Website
shorttakes.substack.com
Vehicles
1997 Tahoe 2 door 4x4
Occupation
Retired software developer and heavy commercial design builder
Country flag
I want a built on Voight-Kampff and Esper analysis machine.
Ukraine has 1st dibs on Voight-Kampff, like yesterday. Al Qaeda used heroin to induce heightened loss of self-agency glossing out pupils into zombie-gaze of horrors.

Esper analysis machine could use onboard dual ARM + AI accelerating time value metrics faster than humanly possible. Defensive driving, threat assessment, situational awareness projection and counter-measure implementation.

Serious Cybertruckin’

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
A really good scheduler.
  1. Complex scheduling like “warm up at 8:30 MWF and 9am on Saturday”
  2. Automatically vents the windows if it’s over 75 degrees and there is no rain or heavy winds.
  3. Easily lets you schedule “full up” days in advance.
I’m sure there are more… and I know the second is a little more than just scheduling.

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
Simple... make it play anything Linux can play with things like Steam/Proton/Wine. If it can play games like Fallout 4, Metro Exodus, or Outer Worlds.... I'd say it's a win.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
Simple... make it play anything Linux can play with things like Steam/Proton/Wine. If it can play games like Fallout 4, Metro Exodus, or Outer Worlds.... I'd say it's a win.
Since the console runs Linux this is undoubtedly possible.

I suspect if/ when Tesla opens things up they are going to focus on security and convenience first rather than having a broad offering. Steam might end up working, Musk has talked about wanting to get it working. Not so sure about much outside of steam though.

pagesix1536

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Nissan Leaf SL, 2014 Tesla Model S P85DL
Country flag
Since the console runs Linux this is undoubtedly possible.

I suspect if/ when Tesla opens things up they are going to focus on security and convenience first rather than having a broad offering. Steam might end up working, Musk has talked about wanting to get it working. Not so sure about much outside of steam though.
It's going to happen for sure.. they're running AMD hardware with Ryzen processors now. If the Model S/X can play games like The Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077... there's no reason other titles wouldn't work. But if it's Linux-based then it has to rely on a WINE layer for that to work, and there's no better version of that right now than what Steam has been doing to customize and build on top of WINE with Proton. With the SteamDeck coming out, the ability for Linux to run Windows games is very common now so we'll see AAA titles being way more available on Linux platforms, and on Tesla's too.

Ogre

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
It's going to happen for sure.. they're running AMD hardware with Ryzen processors now. If the Model S/X can play games like The Witcher and Cyberpunk 2077... there's no reason other titles wouldn't work. But if it's Linux-based then it has to rely on a WINE layer for that to work, and there's no better version of that right now than what Steam has been doing to customize and build on top of WINE with Proton. With the SteamDeck coming out, the ability for Linux to run Windows games is very common now so we'll see AAA titles being way more available on Linux platforms, and on Tesla's too.
Makes sense. Also, Musk has said it is their goal. That’s such a crazy idea.

A few years ago Linux was my daily driver… ok more than a couple… gaming support was a giant jigsaw puzzle. Commonly you’d see things like “It crashed somewhere on level 7 so save the game, play that level on a Windows machine, then you can finish the game on Linux. Other than that, it’s A++”.
Sponsored