Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
4runner
Occupation
Retired Operating Plans & Forecasting Manager
Country flag
I would understand why Tesla would hesitate to install one in a condo.
Sponsored

Lsanchez82

First Name
Luis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model 3, Model Y
Occupation
Biotech
Country flag
I wonder if it will mess up the cybertruck battery if you make a habit to power your house between 4-9 pm when the electricity rates are higher (SDGE San Diego), and then just recharge the cybertruck and go on. I have solar, but no batteries/

OnTheSnap

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Delivered 1/22, 2023 MS Plaid Ultra red
Occupation
Electrical Engineer
Country flag
I wonder if it will mess up the cybertruck battery if you make a habit to power your house between 4-9 pm when the electricity rates are higher (SDGE San Diego), and then just recharge the cybertruck and go on. I have solar, but no batteries/
You will be cycling maybe 10-20% of your CT battery per day. Kind of equivalent to adding 30-40miles on the car battery life. Considering the battery is good for 500K miles your using up .008% of the pack life per day. This equates to 14.5K miles extra wear per year on the car battery.

Not a big deal IMO. Once we have a 1M mile battery it really won't matter.

Freeseframe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Tesla Model X; 2017 F150 SuperCrew
Country flag
So does this mean that those offered the “free” supercharing will have to forego both the gateway and the universal wall connector? IMHO the wall connector should be included regardless but that may not be how they are going to play this out.

REM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Telsa Model 3 Standard Range+ Extra Supermega
Occupation
IT
Country flag
40 amps isn't enough to power an average household.

Cyberer

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 S, Multiple Classics
Occupation
Cars
Country flag
I took the survey 12/22 (after ordering the AWD on 12/21). No email from Tesla about whether I qualify yet.

First Name
Kamy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
I placed my order yesterday for the Beast, and I hav not received the Survey email. How long after the order will I get the email?

Jhodgesatmb

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.arbor-studios.com
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR, Tesla Model 3 LR
Occupation
Retired AI researcher
Country flag
This pisses me off. Not eligible because "additional approvals" are needed. Well lets get these approvals. I will be happy to help get approvals.

I was able to get a charger installed for my Model Y in the same location.

I have used the supercharger maybe 3 times over the past two years so I dont need free supercharging. Either install what you promised or take $4K off my order.
It is good to know about all this but shouldn’t your angst be directed to Tesla? We cannot change anything.

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram, Cyber T, S , Infinty, Buick, sligshot, Goldwi
Occupation
Diamond coated surgical burrs
Country flag
I’m actually very excited about this. I just got this email too. Free super charging for a year while I wait for the range extender puts my range anxiety at ease. Also I live in an apartment so I didn’t want to install PowerShare anyways.

Edit: someone on FB posted they only got 6 months of free supercharging so could be worse
They give 4000 for this, correct? Will a normal person use 4000 worth of supercharging in a year? If they said 4000 worth instead of 1 year, I would feel better. Just asking :) Not a complaint.

DeadSetElectric

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
They give 4000 for this, correct? Will a normal person use 4000 worth of supercharging in a year? If they said 4000 worth instead of 1 year, I would feel better. Just asking :) Not a complaint.
It’s up to $4k value. Could be less when they install PowerShare etc. I think average cost of supercharging is like $1500-$2000 a year but I plan on camping and roadtripping a lot so at least it’s peace of mind until the range extender comes out. Plus I’m gonna drive that beast like I stole it that first year so I’ll take all the free power I can get.

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
It’s up to $4k value. Could be less when they install PowerShare etc. I think average cost of supercharging is like $1500-$2000 a year but I plan on camping and roadtripping a lot so at least it’s peace of mind until the range extender comes out. Plus I’m gonna drive that beast like I stole it that first year so I’ll take all the free power I can get.
there is a new camper coming, called the Pebble Flow. look it up, looks great.

DeadSetElectric

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cyberbeast
Country flag
there is a new camper coming, called the Pebble Flow. look it up, looks great.
That thing is badass but slightly out of my price range lol I’m an early reservation holder for space campers so I’m pretty stoked on that

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
That thing is badass but slightly out of my price range lol I’m an early reservation holder for space campers so I’m pretty stoked on that
I will look up the space camper :)

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag

Glenn

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Country flag
Tesla Cybertruck Powershare Home Backup Denial 1704988691346

A cool new camper, not out yet, Pebble Flow electric assist, even traveling, remote control to hook it up. :)
Sponsored