Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
It’s implied. You get no PowerShare. Instead you get the very low value free SC for 6mo (AWD) or 1 year (beast).

if you get refused PowerShare they are not shipping you the hardware imo. It’s just not logical for them to do so.
That's total BS.
Sponsored

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, SOON to be Cybertruck
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
Some folk may remember that FSD was to be free for the first X number of reservations many years ago. If that is not applicable for the CyberTruck Beast, then there are more questions I have. At current state FSD is valued at $12,000, may opt out battery pack option for the CyberBeast FS if full FSD is not provided versus "FSD Capability". What does FSD Capability mean?
FSD doesn't exist. FSD Beta software currently exists.
Like every other Tesla, FSD capability means that the hardware is already installed.
Some earlier vehicles were not FSD ready.

TexasRaider

First Name
JR
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck + MS
Occupation
Civil
Country flag
Isn’t the average fuel (gas) bill for the year less then $1,600? 😣

Jackson0810

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
We ordered the AWD Foundation Series on 1/9 and received/completed the PowerShare survey on 1/20. We already have the Tesla Solar, Powerwall, and the Universal Wall Connector. So I am wondering 1) Will they still give me the UWC and the Gateway 2) Will there be some gotcha from them where they say it cannot be installed at my location?

Coolbreeze704

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Model Y, 23 Lightning, CyberTruck (someday)
Occupation
GM Manufactured Homes
Country flag
We ordered the AWD Foundation Series on 1/9 and received/completed the PowerShare survey on 1/20. We already have the Tesla Solar, Powerwall, and the Universal Wall Connector. So I am wondering 1) Will they still give me the UWC and the Gateway 2) Will there be some gotcha from them where they say it cannot be installed at my location?
I would think so. No asterisk stating any limitation for those with existing systems that I saw.

I have 1 Tesla wall charger shared between 2 EV's, so I would be counting on the new wall charger and not have to run outside at night to switch over once one is fully charged

Jackson0810

First Name
Derrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model Y
Country flag
I would think so. No asterisk stating any limitation for those with existing systems that I saw.

I have 1 Tesla wall charger shared between 2 EV's, so I would be counting on the new wall charger and not have to run outside at night to switch over once one is fully charged
Good point… Will report back here once I get my response to the survey.

MarkM913

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Raptor, AWD CT configured
Country flag
Does anyone have the screenshot or a link to the official list of what's included with FS for both AWD and CB?

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
Does anyone have the screenshot or a link to the official list of what's included with FS for both AWD and CB?
I have said this before but this is going to be an issue. I expect to get a universal wall connector and Powershare Home Backup. 6 months or a year of free supercharging is not even close to an equal value for me. I plan on moving in a few years and already have a wall charger installed. I want the equipment for my future home. I don't care if Tesla wants to hold a credit on my account for the future installation of the equipment, but I'll need it in writing.
Tesla Cybertruck Powershare Home Backup IMG_1953.JPG

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
I have said this before but this is going to be an issue. I expect to get a universal wall connector and Powershare Home Backup. 6 months or a year of free supercharging is not even close to an equal value for me. I plan on moving in a few years and already have a wall charger installed. I want the equipment for my future home. I don't care if Tesla wants to hold a credit on my account for the future installation of the equipment, but I'll need it in writing.
Let us know how this goes, I want the same thing. 6 months of supercharging might be worth $50 to me. I want the wall charger and gateway, even if it's just a credit that I can use later on.

My suggestion though is to make sure you take delivery of the truck before you make a stink about it. That way they can't just try to withhold delivery.

donnyb

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cybertruck Foundation AWD, Model Y
Country flag
Let us know how this goes, I want the same thing. 6 months of supercharging might be worth $50 to me. I want the wall charger and gateway, even if it's just a credit that I can use later on.
It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. I am not sure how legal it is for a company to list something included in a purchase and not include it or give an equal value. My guess is you'll get the universal wall charger, but not the powershare equipment.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
It's going to be interesting to see how it plays out. I am not sure how legal it is for a company to list something included in a purchase and not include it or give an equal value. My guess is you'll get the universal wall charger, but not the powershare equipment.
I just know they will hide behind this though....
Tesla Cybertruck Powershare Home Backup 1707153219216

In your order agreement, it doesn't say anything about powershare or a wall connector. I think it's shady as can be, but I just know this is the reason they don't write out the accessories. They can change whatever they want, whenever they want, and get away with it.

Dee06812

First Name
Deirdre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S Plaid; Q7 S-Line; XKR100 convertible
Occupation
CEO Equipment OEM
Country flag
But it's not just "if I get refused". it's "if I don't want to pay them to install it at a place that I plan to move from in the next ~year". This is actually wild to me. I was happy to pay the premium for foundation series but no light bar plus no powershare if I don't want to pay them to install it at the time of delivery... It drastically changes the value proposition of the foundation series. I can't even just buy the gateway either if I'm understanding this correctly. I can only get it right now if I pay them to install it, or maybe some time later I can get it if I pay them to install it. They really should have only upcharged by 15k on the AWD. Then it wouldn't feel so crazy how different of a package the same $20k extra buys you.

I am disappoint
Do you happen to know where you are moving to? If so, can you use that address for the install? Or have them install now where you are and take it with you in a year?

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do you happen to know where you are moving to? If so, can you use that address for the install? Or have them install now where you are and take it with you in a year?
I don't, no. And it would make basically zero sense to pay $4000 to have it installed where I am now, and then pay to have it removed and take it with me. Wouldn't be as simple as just removing it, things would have to be reconfigured to how they started. Might not be as expensive to remove as to install, but wouldn't cost nothing either.
Sponsored