CyberRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 FS CT AWD, 2019 M3, 2018 M3, 2015 MS 70D
Country flag
Not sure I understand why people are feeling ripped off. I think it was pretty obvious to the AWD buyers that the PowerShare install was going to cost around $4k given the Cyberbeast credit. I totally understand that many people won't get $4k value out of a setup like this. It is expensive, but you always have the choice of waiting until the non-FS trucks come out and skip the up-charge.
Sponsored

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
Not sure I understand why people are feeling ripped off. I think it was pretty obvious to the AWD buyers that the PowerShare install was going to cost around $4k given the Cyberbeast credit. I totally understand that many people won't get $4k value out of a setup like this. It is expensive, but you always have the choice of waiting until the non-FS trucks come out and skip the up-charge.
because we were told ~$2400 of product was included with our purchase, which turns out to not be true. It's only included if you pay $4000 for $1500 worth of work. Only on their timeline, only with their specified installer. It's bait and switch.

Here, you don't want to pay $4000 for this $2400 of value that you get for "free"? Have 6 months of supercharging that's worth $100 tops. Oh but if you already have powerwalls and a charger, we're sending you $1400 of store credit rather than free supercharging to compensate you.

There's really no defense for it, they way they did it was shady at best.

CyberRich

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 FS CT AWD, 2019 M3, 2018 M3, 2015 MS 70D
Country flag
I think it would only be fair for them to give you the equipment that you paid for. I'm sure they want to control the early installs. They did the same thing when the Wall Connector was introduced. It makes sense that they would eventually open this up to DIY and other installers.

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
I got my quote for install at $3,200. They charge $349 to swap the wall connector to the Universal connector, I got them to drop it to $150 since it's a simple swap.
They're charging $300 for the permit and the rest $2,600 in labor and materials which materials is miminal since all my equipment (charger, solar boxes, meter, distribution box) is all within 5ft of each other.
I was hoping it would've been less than that.

Tesla Cybertruck PowerShare install price / value IMG_1978

Tesla Cybertruck PowerShare install price / value IMG_1979

JGTESLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, G Class Mercedes
Country flag
For those that are working with an installer on quotes, how quickly after taking delivery were you matched via Tesla with this installer? I took delivery on Monday this week, and I haven't received anything other than the eligibility approval email that came in early January timeframe.

jasper7821

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3, Jaguar F-Type, Porsche Macan GTS, Indian
Occupation
Aircraft researcher
Country flag
For those that are working with an installer on quotes, how quickly after taking delivery were you matched via Tesla with this installer? I took delivery on Monday this week, and I haven't received anything other than the eligibility approval email that came in early January timeframe.
I'm the opposite, I'm still waiting for a VIN on my 1/17 AWD order šŸ˜¢

JGTESLA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Foundation Cyberbeast, G Class Mercedes
Country flag
Customer service rep told me today that they look to connect installer with you within 14 days of delivery. Hoping she is right to get this off the to do list and in motion.

DumpsterFire

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Occupation
Mouth Breather
Country flag
Sadly I think that Tesla is being very cautious with installs. Hoping to avoid fires caused by improper installation. This seems to have allowed their certified installers to feel like they have a license to STEAL! Iā€™m disgusted by the whole thing. I calculated the value of of this as I was deciding whether to pay the 20k xtra. Feeling totally ripped off at this point. And just for the record, I am a TSLA shareholder with several thousand shares. So Iā€™m not shooting at Tesla blindly here. Elon needs to make this right.
Sadly?? Fires are badā€¦.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Hard to know if it's close to 4k because of that or if it's the general EV tax.

Ask for a nema 14-50 outlet to be installed, quote is $500. Ask for a tesla wall charger to be installed, quote is $2000. They assume anyone with an EV must be rich and willing to pay whatever the cost is for the work.
If that happens, the contractor is disreputable. I hire electrical contractors that charge for time and materials.

agordon117

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
cybertruck foundation awd
Country flag
If that happens, the contractor is disreputable. I hire electrical contractors that charge for time and materials.
Sure, but we have no choice for powershare. We cannot get the equipment and seek out our own installer. If there's only one in our area, that's all we get

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
I got my quote for install at $3,200. They charge $349 to swap the wall connector to the Universal connector, I got them to drop it to $150 since it's a simple swap.
They're charging $300 for the permit and the rest $2,600 in labor and materials which materials is miminal since all my equipment (charger, solar boxes, meter, distribution box) is all within 5ft of each other.
I was hoping it would've been less than that.

IMG_1978.jpeg

IMG_1979.jpeg
I might be in this boat, wondering if you get the Foundation Series Cyberbeast can they install the Universal Wall Connector in addition to keeping my original wall connector? Iā€™m hoping to keep my Model Y in the garage and install the Universal connector on the outside of my garage so I can leave the CT outside, I assume gateway etc has to be installed inside. My current wall connector is literally 2 feet from my panels. From my understanding the FS Cyberbeast includes $4,000 of installation credit?

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
I might be in this boat, wondering if you get the Foundation Series Cyberbeast can they install the Universal Wall Connector in addition to keeping my original wall connector? Iā€™m hoping to keep my Model Y in the garage and install the Universal connector on the outside of my garage so I can leave the CT outside, I assume gateway etc has to be installed inside. My current wall connector is literally 2 feet from my panels. From my understanding the FS Cyberbeast includes $4,000 of installation credit?
That is correct,4k towards installation for the CB. BTW what company did your quote? I will be looking for one. I also live in Davie near Weston.

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
That is correct,4k towards installation for the CB. BTW what company did your quote? I will be looking for one. I also live in Davie near Weston.
Hey I just literally signed up for the Early delivery option for long term shareholders so I have not even been given the option to configure my Cyberbeast but was looking into options! Nice man Iā€™m east of you in central Davie by Nob Hill. Look forward to see your CT driving around here! The electrician that I hired was awesome he installed my Wall connector for only 350 bucks. But it looks like you have to use one of their official assigned electricians correct?

Art138

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MYP,Ferrari Pista,Ford GT & CYBERBEAST ordered
Country flag
Hey I just literally signed up for the Early delivery option for long term shareholders so I have not even been given the option to configure my Cyberbeast but was looking into options! Nice man Iā€™m east of you in central Davie by Nob Hill. Look forward to see your CT driving around here! The electrician that I hired was awesome he installed my Wall connector for only 350 bucks. But it looks like you have to use one of their official assigned electricians correct?
Yes,apparently they create a list of those who are certified. I already have a 240v connector which I use for the mobile charger. Waiting on VIN since Feb 22.

DrShah

First Name
Samir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model Y LR
Occupation
Surgeon
Country flag
Yes,apparently they create a list of those who are certified. I already have a 240v connector which I use for the mobile charger. Waiting on VIN since Feb 22.
The quotes to install my Wall Connector varied so much between $350 and $3,000, was outrageous.
Sponsored