ProTectaClear by EverBright Project! (Whipping that Ole'OCD!!)

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
Currently, people touching it the following day after a wash (I cannot escape the celebrity of my Space Car), and leaving their fingerprint smudges is exasperating my OCD to the point that anyone getting near it is met with my cries of admonition, "Don't touch my CyberTruck!" Obviously, I don't enjoy being an asshole to little kids, but, their oily little hand prints down the side of "OO7" after a couple hours of detailing by me really challenges my impulse control. Solution? The "CyberTruck Kit" of ProTectaClear by EverBright metal sealers.
I've discovered a much easier method that prevents people from wanting to touch my Cybertruck. What is it?

After off-roading I leave all the mud splashes and grime on there. I've found people don't want to touch a dirty truck. :ROFLMAO:

They are still drawn to it like moths to a light, but they don't reach out to touch it. 👍
Sponsored

Mini2nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 R1T
Country flag
I would love to see some before and after photos. Curious if the SS sheen changes after the application.

Woodrick

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3, Model Y, Cybertruck AWD
Occupation
Consultant
Country flag
In the part of cleaning the Cybertruck. I took it to a manual car wash yesterday, the ones with the spray guns, warm water and foaming brushes.

While it took a little bit to do (still only $8), between a rinse, soap, soapy brush, and a lot of rinsing, just about every fingerprint came off the truck and it appears whatever was coating it (and causing the fingerprints) is gone now.

I think that warm water is one of the clues. Grease and fat smear in cold water. A little soap and warm water often just wash it away.

HaulingAss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010 F-150, 2018 Model 3 P, FS DM Cybertruck
Country flag
In the part of cleaning the Cybertruck. I took it to a manual car wash yesterday, the ones with the spray guns, warm water and foaming brushes.

While it took a little bit to do (still only $8), between a rinse, soap, soapy brush, and a lot of rinsing, just about every fingerprint came off the truck and it appears whatever was coating it (and causing the fingerprints) is gone now.

I think that warm water is one of the clues. Grease and fat smear in cold water. A little soap and warm water often just wash it away.
Yes! I think my Cybertruck was delivered with oil on it. It was clean and shiny looking, but I think the oil makes fingerprints about 7-10X as noticeable. I think that's why when I did two test patches of wax, it looked all smeary, I hadn't removed all the oil yet.

getsometom

Site Sponsor
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
makerspacedude.etsy.com
Vehicles
Cybertruck
Country flag
Please keep us updated after a few weeks or months. I'm curious how the coating will stand over time.

I ordered the same kit from Everbrite but have not used it. Partly due to the inability to remove some prints that came with the truck from delivery (waiting for Tesla to fix) and partly wanting to get it wrapped instead. Who knows, I may end up listing the new kit for sale if I go for the wrap.

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dodge Viper GTS and 1995 Ford Bronco XLT
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I would love to see some before and after photos. Curious if the SS sheen changes after the application.
It does. Becomes more "pewter" in color. I would say that the more you polish the brighter the silver, the brighter the finished panel looks. Confirmed by EverBrite who has been experimenting. After a week of hot Alabama sunshine, my driver's side where I finished it perfectly looks great. Hard to tell it is even there. On the areas where I first started and buggered it up, it looks rough. In the light you can see the heavy, thick, globs where I tried to smooth it out after applying too much. I'll have to take it off and redo this weekend. I'm happy I got it and I will be thrilled when I'm finished. Still, this is not for the lazy, the half-assed, or, no-sweat person. Prepping the CyberTruck is everything. And that ain't easy or quick.

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
Please keep us updated after a few weeks or months. I'm curious how the coating will stand over time.

I ordered the same kit from Everbrite but have not used it. Partly due to the inability to remove some prints that came with the truck from delivery (waiting for Tesla to fix) and partly wanting to get it wrapped instead. Who knows, I may end up listing the new kit for sale if I go for the wrap.
I will definitely update as I go. Can't work on it during the work week, but, I've got my Xylene to remove my previous mistakes and my painter's brush to apply it instead of using the included sponges. I'm confident it's gonna look great now that I understand the properties of the ProtectaClear during application.

OP
OP
BengalBoy

BengalBoy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Attorney
Country flag
I've discovered a much easier method that prevents people from wanting to touch my Cybertruck. What is it?

After off-roading I leave all the mud splashes and grime on there. I've found people don't want to touch a dirty truck. :ROFLMAO:

They are still drawn to it like moths to a light, but they don't reach out to touch it. 👍
Great Technique!! (and fun to apply!!)

Cyberer

First Name
KK
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 S, Multiple Classics
Occupation
Cars
Country flag
I used to be incapable of enjoying my cars unless they were perfect.

But, my CT may never get a bath its entire life (I mean, I'll detail the wheels and tires - I'm not totally crazy :)). I Can't wait to watch the patina grow and change. I kinda like that no amount of rubbing, scrubbing, or money can buy that well-worn look. Only time and experiences.

Wabi-sabi.

ProtectaClear

Site Sponsor
First Name
Jackie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
S
Country flag
Here is a picture where we had to remove the ProtectaClear from the front door so Tesla could repair some factory issues, but the rear door and panel is still coated with PC. You can see it is slightly darker. The rear panel is completely cured so this is the final finish.

Tesla Cybertruck ProTectaClear by EverBright Project! (Whipping that Ole'OCD!!) IMG_2940

rgs28ja

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
CT Foundation Series
Country flag
I've noticed problems with dark spots showing up the next day. So not a fan of the general procedure detailed here at all... In my case they seem to have been caused from the glass cleaners, and/or other high alkaline cleaners.

It's important to rinse after whatever you try, very well.

I would suggest you try any tests on the frunk first instead of the doors. It's easier to get it back to normal it you want to remove an offending result later.

I used a very diluted Citrisurf (80% water) to get the dark spots off the second time it happened and then rinsed it well and dried. - perfect.

The wash Zaino makes, Z-7 is very good, especially if diluted greatly. I've used the rest of the Zaino system on other cars, but the rest of the premium system is really for clear coated cars. The mild wash they make works great on Stainless though.
I had a great exchange with “TheRustStore.com”. They emphasized that both the manufacture of CitriSurf77 and Tesla recommend to use CitriSurf77 as opposed to CitriSurf77 Plus.

After reading all the trials and tribulations, I am going to try a good washing with Dawn then CitriSurf77, Iron Remover, and finally, Surface Prep.

CybertruckRN1127

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model S, Model 3, Model X
Country flag
Here is a picture where we had to remove the ProtectaClear from the front door so Tesla could repair some factory issues, but the rear door and panel is still coated with PC. You can see it is slightly darker. The rear panel is completely cured so this is the final finish.

IMG_2940.jpg
Do you guys offer installation/apply it for customers?